ATSU/SOMA Arizona Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Think positive, it may not be as grim as you think. Who knows if numbers 1-8 will actually still want a spot in the class (they may be already set on another place by now or even may want to just defer to next year), so they could have numbers 2, 4, 5, and 7 pass up the offer, bumping you to #5. I hope that horrible run-on sentence made sense lol. Point is, don't give up hope until classes start, and if not you have a spot next year :luck:

I emailed Amy earlier today asking about my ranking, and she wrote back. I was anticipating being #9, but she told me I'm #7! I told Amy that I am trying to keep my summer free of plans in the case I get in this year, and she said that's a good idea. I will just keep positive, hopefully it will all work out for the best! :luck:

And you're right, it's not the end of the world if I don't get in, because I will have next year guaranteed. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

just gave up my seat at SOMA so hopefully someone will be getting a phone call soon! good luck and congrats!

just gave up my seat at SOMA so hopefully someone will be getting a phone call soon! good luck and congrats!

Thank you for keeping my hope alive! Now all I need is for the 6 people ahead of me on the list to pass up on that seat, and I'm set! Lol, thanks for letting us (or just me) know! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
quick ? for u guys. I am applying for the 2012 cycle. can we send more than the two recommendation letters that SOMA requires on the application? have some extra ones

@ SNDO...
I was number 3 or 4 at the time you posted that you were number 7 and I just for a call on Tuesday saying I'm in. I'm sure you are getting up there!

@ SNDO...
I was number 3 or 4 at the time you posted that you were number 7 and I just for a call on Tuesday saying I'm in. I'm sure you are getting up there!

Wow, thank you for that update! I was almost beginning to lose hope for this year, but you guys are making me see otherwise. Thank you so much for letting me know! :love:

quick ? for u guys. I am applying for the 2012 cycle. can we send more than the two recommendation letters that SOMA requires on the application? have some extra ones

I only sent the 2 that they required. You might want to call the school if you can send more than the 2 they need. If you end up on a waitlist, you can use your extra letters to "convince" them to accept you though, haha. Just be sure the letters that you do send are awesome. Good luck! :luck:

Hey guys, I'm officially in! To let you know how the pending-accept list is moving (for anyone who cares), this is where I was at:

* April 22 - interview
* April 27 - told I was accepted pending
* May 2 - Official letter stating I was accepting pending
* ~ May 20 - I was #12
* June 6 - #11
* June 15 - #7
* June 24 - #2
* June 27 - I'm in! :D

Anyway, I hope that to those who are still waiting, they get the news they want to hear. I totally know what it's like to want to lose hope, but I'm proof that good things can still happen even at this stage in the game. Good luck to you! And I'm excited to meet some of my classmates this year! :thumbup:

Hey guys, I'm officially in! To let you know how the pending-accept list is moving (for anyone who cares), this is where I was at:

* April 22 - interview
* ~ May 20 - I was #12
* June 6 - #11
* June 15 - #7
* June 24 - #2

Anyway, I hope that to those who are still waiting, they get the news they want to hear. I totally know what it's like to want to lose hope, but I'm proof that good things can still happen even at this stage in the game. Good luck to you! And I'm excited to meet some of my classmates this year! :thumbup:

Good for you! Congrats.

I'm still about 50 spots out on the waitlist so I have mentally crossed ATSU off the list. Hopefully I get in somewhere next year.

Congrats SNDO! I was keeping my eye out and crossing my fingers for you! I know the relief of getting off of their pending list

GQUOTE=SNDO;11191763]Hey guys, I'm officially in! To let you know how the pending-accept list is moving (for anyone who cares), this is where I was at:

* April 22 - interview
* ~ May 20 - I was #12
* June 6 - #11
* June 15 - #7
* June 24 - #2

Anyway, I hope that to those who are still waiting, they get the news they want to hear. I totally know what it's like to want to lose hope, but I'm proof that good things can still happen even at this stage in the game. Good luck to you! And I'm excited to meet some of my classmates this year! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

:pCongrats! As someone who is going through the same thing you are right now I'm just going to warn you it is a mad rush to get the info in on time that they need. I was on vacation when I got the call and things went CRAZY. Luckily I already applied for an apartment a few weeks ago. If you have a tough time finding a place to live let me know!

Haha I shut my internet off and I'm having a tough time posting on my phone. Oh well!

What's going on with the alternate lists?

I am wondering if they have moved around much lately. I know class starts pretty soon.

Hi All,

I have an interview coming up here soon and was just curious if you guys could fill me in on the clinical presentation curriculum. All I really know is that they say there are 125 different ways that patients present to physicians, and this is what you learn. Can anybody elaborate?

Thanks!