Auburn c/o 2015 stand up!!!

Started by UAmike
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was originally scheduled for an interview on February 2nd, but after a lot of thought, I have decided to cancel my interview and withdraw my application. I have an acceptance that is both closer to home and more financially viable for me. I just wanted to wish all of you good luck with your interviews and I really hope that my interview spot can be given to another OOS student. 🙂
 
I was originally scheduled for an interview on February 2nd, but after a lot of thought, I have decided to cancel my interview and withdraw my application. I have an acceptance that is both closer to home and more financially viable for me. I just wanted to wish all of you good luck with your interviews and I really hope that my interview spot can be given to another OOS student. 🙂

Thank you and all the best to you at Ohio State!
 
Good luck to those interview in the following weeks. I look forward to seeing you there....I also might be one of your tour guides. I'll make sure to let you know who I am 🙂 Safe Travels 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,

I'm an OOS (coming all the way from California!) applicant, and I've got my interview in less than three weeks.

Any tips about the interview and/or the city? Any particularly difficult questions? (I did check out the list of Q's on SDN).

Anything I should definitely check out while in Auburn? What will the weather be like? Etc.

The weather is pretty weird right now so it's hard to tell what it will be like in 3 weeks. The past couple of days have been around 50 and this weekend it'll be 60.

My favorite places to eat are Amsterdam Cafe, Niffers, and Cock of the Walk. I'd highly recommend going out to Tiger Town while you are here if you have transportation. I didn't visit when I interviewed and I thought there was absolutely NOTHING to Auburn. But Tiger Town has a lot of retail stores (Best Buy, Kohls, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Game Stop, etc). If you don't have transportation...know it's there and that there's a lot more to Auburn than just a Wal-Mart. 🙂

If you have any specific questions or want more information don't hesistate to send me or wolfpack a PM. i hope we can help and hopefully he will be your tour guide while you're here!
 
I copy-pasted of the Auburn questions from the interview survey part of SDN, redundancies deleted, to practice.

...what's everyone doing to prepare?

Discuss what led you to an interest in veterinary school.
What did you do at the clinics where you worked?
What do you do to relax/nonacademically?
How do you feel about live animals being used in the program?
What was your most interesting experience you've had while working for a vet
Describe your study habits.
Name a strength and weakness of your application.
How do you feel about working with live animals in the classroom?
Why would I choose Auburn over my state school?
They asked me what I would do if I never got into Vet school.
What kind of jobs can vets do?
 
I am so excited that I got an interview invite! And then, to add to my excitement, I called the admissions office to set up the interview, and the lady I spoke with was so amazingly nice. Unfortunately, the interview feedback for Auburn is sparse.

KiaKia, I usually like to go on a tour before I interview to get a better feel for the school, but I won't be able to do that this time. So I think to prepare I'll just review some of questions asked by other schools.
 
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I hope that everyone interviewing does well. Also, we're in the middle of construction so please bear with us. 👍
 
I'm leaving (on a jet plane!) tomorrow, have my interview at Auburn on Wednesday. Will probably be catching the 11am campus tour. So excited! 😀
 
I have my interview on the 9th! I'm so excited/nervous! Hear it is going to be snowing that day which will be quite an experience since I rarely venture out of Florida! lol
 
Hey, I was there! My interview was at 2:30, I saw three other applicants, I was the only guy.


Haha sort of late here, but I was sitting to your right I think! I had the other 2:30 time slot. How did it go for you? I hope you did well! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha sort of late here, but I was sitting to your right I think! I had the other 2:30 time slot. How did it go for you? I hope you did well! 🙂

I remember you! I felt like it went pretty well. The two interviewers were nice, and it was a very low-stress interview. How did yours go?
 
I remember you! I felt like it went pretty well. The two interviewers were nice, and it was a very low-stress interview. How did yours go?


I'm glad to hear about your interview! Mine went pretty smoothly as well, although I shouldn't have been so surprised the interviewers were so welcoming after meeting Dr. Hendrix!
 
I was surprised that there's actually a dress code at Auburn. Is that common amongst all vet schools, or is Auburn unique?
If I were to get accepted... What am I going to do with ALL my pairs of jeans that I LOVE?! lol (I certainly dressed appropriately for the interview, but I guess I was not expecting that kind of attire to be worn every day)
 
Kizmet, I think only a few schools have dress codes in the pre-clinical years. There's a list in a thread somewhere around here.

I think I remember one of my interviewers mentioning that they'd be making a decision at the end of this week, does anybody else remember if they said that?
 
It's good to hear that the OOS interviews were generally stress free. Can the IS/contract students expect some interview feedback from you guys now that you're just waiting on your acceptance letters? (that I'm sure you all will get!) *Not to get anyone in a tizzy, I still haven't heard from AU yet....just trying to stay ahead* 🙂
 
I think I remember one of my interviewers mentioning that they'd be making a decision at the end of this week, does anybody else remember if they said that?

Mrs. Storey told me they would be in contact within a week with decisions! 🙂
 
I was surprised that there's actually a dress code at Auburn. Is that common amongst all vet schools, or is Auburn unique?
If I were to get accepted... What am I going to do with ALL my pairs of jeans that I LOVE?! lol (I certainly dressed appropriately for the interview, but I guess I was not expecting that kind of attire to be worn every day)

Mississippi State and Auburn are the 2 I know who have a dresscode. I was NOT a fan of the dresscode at first bc I LOVE my jeans. But it actually hasn't been bad. I've gotten use to it, and everyone looks really nice and professional.
 
I wanted to give a quick thanks to all of the interviewee's this cycle who have left interview feedback. Thank you so much! I have my interview tomorrow morning and I'm very excited, so thank you for your feedback!

And some food for thought: why does the Auburn c/o 2015 have so much less activity than some of the other school threads? There are some great first years posting their opinions and encouragement, but in general there are much fewer posts than some other classes
 
I was there yesterday interviewing and Kaye said decisions will be made for both acceptances and waitlisted applicants on Tuesday via e-mail.
 
I wanted to give a quick thanks to all of the interviewee's this cycle who have left interview feedback. Thank you so much! I have my interview tomorrow morning and I'm very excited, so thank you for your feedback!

And some food for thought: why does the Auburn c/o 2015 have so much less activity than some of the other school threads? There are some great first years posting their opinions and encouragement, but in general there are much fewer posts than some other classes

For me this thread was tainted by the OP bringing a rival school into it and posting the off-topic subject of an allegation against an Auburn football player. It was probably meant to be cute, but it seemed inappropriate. If the OP gets in, I hope he can reign in his feelings and words for the sake of the class, and not be a cancer in the group.
 
I was there yesterday interviewing and Kaye said decisions will be made for both acceptances and waitlisted applicants on Tuesday via e-mail.
Oh CRAP. I thought I was anxious before, but now that I know THE DAY I'm in all sorts of mental soupiness!!!! (And yes, I heard at my interview that they'd make their decisions by the 15th.)
AAAHHH. :scared:😱

:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:
 
For me this thread was tainted by the OP bringing a rival school into it and posting the off-topic subject of an allegation against an Auburn football player. It was probably meant to be cute, but it seemed inappropriate. If the OP gets in, I hope he can reign in his feelings and words for the sake of the class, and not be a cancer in the group.

Chill out Hillview. I was merely trying to bring in some conversation and bump the thread since at the time of my posting there had not been much activity. Well, as you can see, it worked. And as for me going to "a rival school," so what? I just hope I get into Auburn's vet school as it has been my dream since I was 10 or so. I doubt my going to the University of Alabama is going to make me a "cancer to the group." Shame on you.
 
In other news, I am so anxious waiting on my interview invite I have come down with a nervous twitch. :laugh:
 
I hope that everyone who came to Auburn enjoyed their interview and the school. Good luck this week with the admissions decisions! Also, I tried my best to make it up there everyday of interviews....I didn't ask very many people if they were on SDN. I do hope that if we crossed paths, that you're experience was enjoyable 👍
 
In other news, I am so anxious waiting on my interview invite I have come down with a nervous twitch. :laugh:


last year, IS/contract students interviewed during auburn's spring break. our spring break is in exactly 4 weeks so you should be getting an interview invite within the next week or two.


i hope the interview process went well for the OOS students! good luck to those on 2/15! i hope you hear good news! i'm excited for you all! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Wolfpack, you did a great job giving my tour! It's always fun to meet other SDNers. The school seemed great, and it should only get better once the small animal hospital is completed. I was a little bummed that I didn't get to see the anatomy lab since that is where a lot of time would be spent first year, and I've seen a lot of variation in lab rooms between the schools that I've visited. And I thought that the new classroom would be completed by fall. It is going to be a little bit tough to sit in the auditorium with those tiny flip-up desks with a tablet computer. But really, these are minor complaints compared to the overwhelming friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff and students I met.
 
Hey Wolfpack, you did a great job giving my tour! It's always fun to meet other SDNers. The school seemed great, and it should only get better once the small animal hospital is completed. I was a little bummed that I didn't get to see the anatomy lab since that is where a lot of time would be spent first year, and I've seen a lot of variation in lab rooms between the schools that I've visited. And I thought that the new classroom would be completed by fall. It is going to be a little bit tough to sit in the auditorium with those tiny flip-up desks with a tablet computer. But really, these are minor complaints compared to the overwhelming friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff and students I met.


i know it's unfortunate that you didn't get to see the lab (and you probably wouldn't want to right now b/c we are right in the middle of large animal) but i have seen several labs at other schools and i can say that i'm VERY impressed with our lab. it's hard to describe but it's a very large lab, spread out, lots of room, we have 12 flat panel tvs used for instruction before each lab (to show slides or video), each group has 2 stainless steel tables and 5 brand new really nice comfy (padded) stools. we have a wall for radiographs which has been very helpful in studying anatomy so far (and is used on exams to get us used to looking at radiographs before our imaging class starts). it's in it's own hallways where our lockers are (which im sure you saw) so it's convenient for changing/storing lab coats, gloves, dissection kits etc. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask! i'm glad you enjoyed your visit! good luck tomorrow!

oh and if it makes you feel any better, i dont even use a desk for the tablet. the auditorium is really nice b/c u can spread out. and if construction stays on course you all should be in the new classrooms after a semester or two. i put my tablet on my lap and it works really well.
 
OOS'ers.... are you guys getting nervous :scared:? The letter should be coming pretty soon. Us IS'ers haven't even gotten the interview invite yet.
 
Someone posted on the acceptance page that they got their OOS acceptance email today! Anyone else? ... does this mean I'm not getting one? 😱

BTW congrats to those who got/get in!
 
Last edited:
I just found out my best friend from Illinois was accepted to Auburn! Best wishes for you guys who are alternates. :xf:

It's tougher and tougher to wait to hear about interviews every day though.
 
hi everyone...does anyone know if all OOS applicants are automatically placed on the alternate list if they weren't offered a position.... or will they be sending rejections also?
 
hi everyone...does anyone know if all OOS applicants are automatically placed on the alternate list if they weren't offered a position.... or will they be sending rejections also?

Don't know for sure, but it sounds like those who got an email today are in or are an alternate ... sorry. You should probably call in. 🙁
 
One of the interviewers told me Auburn accepted all but two of their alternates by the start of the semester last year. So, alternate people, cheer up! Good luck! :xf:
 
For those alternates, don't give up hope! I got called off the auburn waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in! I fell in love with Auburn when I was there for my interview, so I'm really excited 🙂 Good luck to those on the alternate lists. Here's to hoping it moves quickly :xf:
 
Congrats to you OOS'ers that got in! As for the alternates, don't fret, a ton of people get in off of the alternate list.