Auburn CVM Class of 2024 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scs589

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread made for Auburn yet, so here goes! How is everyone feeling about their apps?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied! Honestly not sure how non-trad friendly they are so we’ll see what happens o_O

1st time OOS applicant! I'm a very traditional applicant, so I'm not sure I'll stand out amongst the OOS crowd, but we'll see!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a 1st time IS! Auburn is a beautiful place to live, and the people there are stellar. From the front office, to the clinicians - Ive never met someone I didn't like at the vet school.
Also, have any of you heard of an accurate timeline for interview/acceptances? I keep hearing different things for IS/OOS...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Me too! 1st time OOS non-trad applicant! I don’t think I stand much of a shot here (or anywhere really, but especially here lol) but I’m going for it anyway!

Me too! 1st time OOS non-trad applicant! I don’t think I stand much of a shot here (or anywhere really, but especially here lol) but I’m going for it anyway!

I’m rooting for both of us!

Im a 1st time IS! Auburn is a beautiful place to live, and the people there are stellar. From the front office, to the clinicians - Ive never met someone I didn't like at the vet school.
Also, have any of you heard of an accurate timeline for interview/acceptances? I keep hearing different things for IS/OOS...
According to the VMSAR, we should know interview invites late January. Our IS interviews are slated for March 2-9 with our decisions within 14 days after interview. Last cycle was like 5 days for my friend.

As for me, traditional IS KY resident hoping to snag one of those 38 seats. Auburn is the dream!

According to the VMSAR, we should know interview invites late January. Our IS interviews are slated for March 2-9 with our decisions within 14 days after interview. Last cycle was like 5 days for my friend.
That’s terrifying! Such a late interview notice. Msstate sends interview invites in December

That’s terrifying! Such a late interview notice. Msstate sends interview invites in December

I agree with you. It also makes it challenging to get housing when you get accepted so late.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received an email from Auburn saying the app is complete and is currently being reviewed? Just wanna see if that was a mass email or not

Has anyone else received an email from Auburn saying the app is complete and is currently being reviewed? Just wanna see if that was a mass email or not

I received it as well (on Monday)

I received an email like that at the beginning of October.

Does anyone know when Auburn will start notifying OOS students for interview invites?

When they emailed saying my application was complete it said interview invites would be sent mid-December, just wondering if anyone knew a specific date!
Sorry, I was wrong. They told me as a Kentucky resident applying for in-state my interview invitation will be sent late January. Interviews, as far as Kentucky residents applying for in-state will be March 2nd through March 6th. Sorry that wasn't helpful to you, but I wanted to correct myself so I don't confuse anybody else.

FWIW, last years interview invites went out on Dec 14th which fell on the second friday of the month. Maybe this Friday!

From my conversation with Tajuan, It depends on residencies. Alabama/contract interview invites will be sent late January and interviews March 2-6. OOS interview invites mid-December, and interviews in February.

OOS rejected. Good luck to y’all that are invited to interview!! :)

• Sad
OOS interview invite!!! I'm STUNNED :love::eek:

Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview invite! May have shed some tears :soexcited:

(also, does anyone know what the different committees are for?)

Reactions: 3 users
Does Auburn help with interview transportation stuff? Another school I am interviewing at picks students up from the airport/hotel just wondering if the same happens here?

OOS invite!!! When is everyone’s interviews??

Reactions: 2 users
OOS invite!!! When is everyone’s interviews??
I chose the 31st!

Is everyone replying to say thanks or just scheduling an interview? Random haha but I’m not sure if that’s bothersome or not!

OOS rejection, good luck everyone!

• Sad
Anyone have an idea of how many OOS students they interview and how many are accepted/waitlisted?

OOS interview invite. This will be my second interview with Auburn as I had one my first application cycle, so I can answer some questions if anyone has any!

Auburn was my dream school because of a research program. First time OOS rejected today. Feeling very hopeless

• Sad
OOS interview invite! May have shed some tears :soexcited:

(also, does anyone know what the different committees are for?)

congrats! They have several different committees, usually a set for OOS,
Kentucky, and Alabama. Also, I’m an IS and just finished first semester here. Let me know if anyone has questions!

OOS invite! Good luck to everyone this cycle! Does anyone know if they plan on doing any extra activities on interview day? (For example, campus tours, meeting faculty and students, etc.) Currently making travel plans, I plan to fly into ATL.

OOS invite! Good luck to everyone this cycle! Does anyone know if they plan on doing any extra activities on interview day? (For example, campus tours, meeting faculty and students, etc.) Currently making travel plans, I plan to fly into ATL.

Last year, there was an optional financial aid and tour of the school. I think they had like two or three during the day.

I don't know if this was a problem for anyone, but I was stressing out about how to get to/from the ATL airport for the interview but I found out that Auburn has a Groome service! Its a little pricey but SUPER reliable and safe, we have a Grome shuttle where I'm from so I know the company. it's also WAY cheaper than an uber or a taxi. I just thought I would spread the word to all those making travel arrangements!

Did anyone else not hear anything from Auburn on Friday? I plan to contact them today but just wasn’t sure if I was alone in this.

Did anyone else not hear anything from Auburn on Friday? I plan to contact them today but just wasn’t sure if I was alone in this.

Are you OOS? I'm pretty sure they only sent out interview invites to OOS applicants

How is everyone sending fall semester transcripts to Auburn?

Standard interview. Either 2 or 3 professors/vets and they’ll ask questions. It was really laid back and they were really just trying to learn about what’s not on the application.

Do they reference your application during the interview? LMU was very laid back, however they did not see/know anything about my file before I walked in.