Auburn University c/o 2021 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did the 11AM tour and it lasted close to an hour and a half

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to those interviewing this week!

Reactions: 3 users
I absolutely LOVED Auburn. I hope I hear back soon :) good luck to those interviewing later this week!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did your interview go? :) Oh, and how long did the tour end up being?

It went well, besides a couple of mess ups (I was so nervous I forgot every single word in my brain for a few seconds). But don't be nervous, my interviewers were SO nice and funny. It was definitely conversational. The tour lasted about an hour.

It went well, besides a couple of mess ups (I was so nervous I forgot every single word in my brain for a few seconds). But don't be nervous, my interviewers were SO nice and funny. It was definitely conversational. The tour lasted about an hour.
That's what I'm terrified of! Being so nervous that I can't remember anything or babbling! I talk really fast when I get nervous. My interview is scheduled for Thursday! I hope you hear back really soon!

Reactions: 1 user
That's what I'm terrified of! Being so nervous that I can't remember anything or babbling! I talk really fast when I get nervous. My interview is scheduled for Thursday! I hope you hear back really soon!

I was super nervous but I survived! They didn't ask me any difficult questions and really just wanted to see what I was like. They take into consideration that you're nervous. You will be fine. Are you a Kentucky or Auburn resident?

I was super nervous but I survived! They didn't ask me any difficult questions and really just wanted to see what I was like. They take into consideration that you're nervous. You will be fine. Are you a Kentucky or Auburn resident?

I am an Auburn resident. How about you? :) And thanks for the tip! I have heard if you have any blemishes at all on your transcript/application they will bring it up.

I am an Auburn resident. How about you? :) And thanks for the tip! I have heard if you have any blemishes at all on your transcript/application they will bring it up.

I'm from Kentucky so I had never been to Auburn before, it was beautiful. The facilities at the CVM were great too. As for blemishes, they did pay attention to mine. I had some C's in general biology/chem but a very high physics/organic chem/ biochem gpa and they brought that up. I didn't have to explain my C's at all, but you might need to explain any classes you retook or did poorly in. I will say that the majority of the interview did not focus on that aspect. Dr. Givens said on the tour that they understand that grades do not determine how good of a vet you will be.

Last edited:
I'm from Kentucky so I had never been to Auburn before, it was beautiful. The facilities at the CVM were great too. As for blemishes, they did pay attention to mine. I had some C's in general biology/chem but a very high physics/organic chem/ biochem gpa and they brought that up. I didn't have to explain my C's at all, but you might need to explain any classes you retook or did poorly in. I will say that the majority of the interview did not focus on that aspect. Dr. Givens said on the tour that they understand that grades do not determine how good of a vet you will be.

Thanks for all the info! I agree that a 4.0 GPA does not necessarily mean you will be a good Veterinarian. That is why they do interviews though, to get a feel for the type of person you are. I wish you good luck and hope we both make it into the c/o 2021 class!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for all the info! I agree that a 4.0 GPA does not necessarily mean you will be a good Veterinarian. That is why they do interviews though, to get a feel for the type of person you are. I wish you good luck and hope we both make it into the c/o 2021 class!

Good luck to you as well!!

Hello, I just joined to post on here and perhaps calm some nerves. I just had my interview for instate and it was not stressful at all. Most of my interview consisted of talking about my shadowing and traveling experiences. There was no good/bad cop routine or trick questions. Also, they happened to mention the numbers and our chances. There are 82 Alabama interviews for 41 spots. The Kentucky numbers slip my mind but the stats were about the same, 50/50. Good luck to all :)

Hello, I just joined to post on here and perhaps calm some nerves. I just had my interview for instate and it was not stressful at all. Most of my interview consisted of talking about my shadowing and traveling experiences. There was no good/bad cop routine or trick questions. Also, they happened to mention the numbers and our chances. There are 82 Alabama interviews for 41 spots. The Kentucky numbers slip my mind but the stats were about the same, 50/50. Good luck to all :)

Hey! Do you know if all first time, instate applicants get an interview no matter what? My veterinarian told me that. Very helpful! My interview is Thursday..still kinda nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)

We were in the same tour! :hello:

To add to others talking about interviews...I am an Alabama resident, and the interview is pretty conversational. My interviewers wanted to know things about me and asked all personal questions. They understand that you may be nervous so try to relax and be confident! I do suggest trying to make the financial aid session if possible because Dr. Wilson (sp?) is very friendly and honest about loans and concerns. My mom was with me and said that is the most she has ever learned at a financial aid session (she has been to a LOT in her day). The tour is also great to go on if you can. Besides seeing the facilities, we actually went into the first year classroom, and the first years talked to us about living, professors, and classes. The general vibe I got from the tour got was that everyone there is wanting to be in this together, the professors want to help you, and that the facilities are top-notch! Good luck to those still going through interviews! :)

Does anyone know when we will hear back from Auburn? I'm glad I interviewed early in the week so that I could be done with it, but at the same time the wait is already killing me!!!

Does anyone know when we will hear back from Auburn? I'm glad I interviewed early in the week so that I could be done with it, but at the same time the wait is already killing me!!!

YES, I am having the same problem! The wait is so anxiety-inducing. Tajuan said we'd hear by the 15th! And I was the one in the dark gray pantsuit and curled hair.

YES, I am having the same problem! The wait is so anxiety-inducing. Tajuan said we'd hear by the 15th! And I was the one in the dark gray pantsuit and curled hair.

That's not too bad of a wait... I'm going to have my phone out all next week :laugh:
And I remember you! I hope we're future classmates :)

Was everybodies interview actually 30 minutes? Just curious :) My interview is tomorrow and I'm trying to remain calm! lol

Was everybodies interview actually 30 minutes? Just curious :) My interview is tomorrow and I'm trying to remain calm! lol

My mom said I was in mine for about 15 or 20 minutes. I was in the financial aid session while waiting and the people getting called back weren't gone for very long either. The interview passes relatively quickly.

My mom said I was in mine for about 15 or 20 minutes. I was in the financial aid session while waiting and the people getting called back weren't gone for very long either. The interview passes relatively quickly.
Thanks! :)

Hey! Do you know if all first time, instate applicants get an interview no matter what? My veterinarian told me that. Very helpful! My interview is Thursday..still kinda nervous.
He said that everyone IS received an interview unless they didn't meet the requirements. They only turned down 20 out of about 100 is what I was told. So we all earned it!

He said that everyone IS received an interview unless they didn't meet the requirements. They only turned down 20 out of about 100 is what I was told. So we all earned it!

So they turned down those 20 for not meeting minimum requirements? I'm a little confused. haha. There was only 100 In-State apps this year? That number seems kinda low, but then again I'm not familiar with the statistics from last year.

Do you know how many Kentucky residents applied? I'm probably making it worse but I was calculating the percent of KY residents accepted out of the people who applied last year and about 45% made it. If it's about the same this year, I hope I'm in that 45%!! I don't even know if I can wait a whole week for decisions :arghh: I'm the surgery assistant at work for Tuesday and Wednesday so I can't step out if I get the call either

Towards the end, they mentioned that I had less than ten minutes left. So, I made sure to fill that up with questions until they said time was up. I think I had time for three or four questions.

Do you know how many Kentucky residents applied? I'm probably making it worse but I was calculating the percent of KY residents accepted out of the people who applied last year and about 45% made it. If it's about the same this year, I hope I'm in that 45%!! I don't even know if I can wait a whole week for decisions :arghh: I'm the surgery assistant at work for Tuesday and Wednesday so I can't step out if I get the call either
I can't recall the exact number, but I think they are interviewing around 65 KY residents. Don't quote me tho. It was notably less than Alabama residents.

So they turned down those 20 for not meeting minimum requirements? I'm a little confused. haha. There was only 100 In-State apps this year? That number seems kinda low, but then again I'm not familiar with the statistics from last year.
When I was waiting to be called back, a man that was present to answer questions (and probably reduce anxiety) wrote the numbers on the white board. The numbers for out of state were so large I can't even recall them. He just mentioned that a bit over 100 applied and they asked those that met the minimum requirements to interview. Just passing on what I remember while there waiting.

When I was waiting to be called back, a man that was present to answer questions (and probably reduce anxiety) wrote the numbers on the white board. The numbers for out of state were so large I can't even recall them. He just mentioned that a bit over 100 applied and they asked those that met the minimum requirements to interview. Just passing on what I remember while there waiting.
This is a long shot but did they mention anything about the OOS waitlist??
Also I like your username ;)

I'm struggling and I had my interview this week... why can't it be as simple as "we like you, you're in!"

I'm struggling and I had my interview this week... why can't it be as simple as "we like you, you're in!"
I know seriously! Well goodluck to all you AL and KY people who are interviewing/ interviewed this week! Maybe we will all be classmates :)

Just got done with my interview and tour! All of the people were really nice and the facilities, or what I got to see of them, were fantastic! I really hope to get a call very soon! If you are reading this and have an interview later today or tomorrow, don't freak out, it really is a conversational interview!

Just got done with my interview and tour! All of the people were really nice and the facilities, or what I got to see of them, were fantastic! I really hope to get a call very soon! If you are reading this and have an interview later today or tomorrow, don't freak out, it really is a conversational interview!

Glad it went well!! I have been overthinking my whole interview this week. I felt really good about it during and after but then when I look back on it I keep thinking "why didn't I say this/why did I say that"... but I can't change it now so I guess there's no point in overthinking!!

I agree with you though, I loved all the facilities. And the barns were so nice!!

Glad it went well!! I have been overthinking my whole interview this week. I felt really good about it during and after but then when I look back on it I keep thinking "why didn't I say this/why did I say that"... but I can't change it now so I guess there's no point in overthinking!!

I agree with you though, I loved all the facilities. And the barns were so nice!!

Same! Ever since the interview I feel like I didn't say

I'm sure I will feel the same way about my interview tomorrow! lol I really loved it all. I hope to see you there in the fall!

Is it bad that I've been checking my phone every 5 seconds?? I got a call in my physics lab yesterday and had a heart attack... It was just a telemarketer :dead:

Reactions: 2 users
This is a long shot but did they mention anything about the OOS waitlist??
Also I like your username ;)
No, I'm sorry. He said that only 10 out of state students accepted their position at Auburn so far. So don't get discouraged yet!

I was in the classroom during lunch when y'all came in. I'm the blonde in the front row with the cow print blanket. They should let y'all know sometime next week. That's how it was for us at least.

To add to others talking about interviews...I am an Alabama resident, and the interview is pretty conversational. My interviewers wanted to know things about me and asked all personal questions. They understand that you may be nervous so try to relax and be confident! I do suggest trying to make the financial aid session if possible because Dr. Wilson (sp?) is very friendly and honest about loans and concerns. My mom was with me and said that is the most she has ever learned at a financial aid session (she has been to a LOT in her day). The tour is also great to go on if you can. Besides seeing the facilities, we actually went into the first year classroom, and the first years talked to us about living, professors, and classes. The general vibe I got from the tour got was that everyone there is wanting to be in this together, the professors want to help you, and that the facilities are top-notch! Good luck to those still going through interviews! :)

I was in the classroom during lunch. I'm the blonde that sits in the front row on the right side with the cow-print blanket. :woot:

I was in the classroom during lunch. I'm the blonde that sits in the front row on the right side with the cow-print blanket. :woot:

You might have answered one of my questions :)

Also, do you mind sharing brief stats? I'm from KY as well and the wait is killing me, I just want to see where I compare.

You might have answered one of my questions :)

Also, do you mind sharing brief stats? I'm from KY as well and the wait is killing me, I just want to see where I compare.

I applied with an overall GPA pf 3.58, ~1200 hours of veterinary experience (mixed and public health), I had 4 C's, and my science GPA was probably around a 3.2. I was on-track to graduate with a B.S. in Agriculture (May 2016). My recc letters were from my current boss (a vet), my former boss (also a vet), and my advisor (a vet that had taught at Auburn).

I applied with an overall GPA pf 3.58, ~1200 hours of veterinary experience (mixed and public health), I had 4 C's, and my science GPA was probably around a 3.2. I was on-track to graduate with a B.S. in Agriculture (May 2016). My recc letters were from my current boss (a vet), my former boss (also a vet), and my advisor (a vet that had taught at Auburn).

This makes me feel better! I have C's and I was surprised that I was even offered interviews this cycle.

Is Auburn definitely calling everyone who is accepted?

I keep checking my phone waiting to hear something!

KY applicant

Is Auburn definitely calling everyone who is accepted?

I keep checking my phone waiting to hear something!

KY applicant

That's what Sellers said. Acceptances get phone calls, and rejections and waitlists get emails.

Post-interview they said calls to IS would be Wednesday/Thursday and emails go out the same day! Few more days of anxiety..

I can't recall the exact number, but I think they are interviewing around 65 KY residents. Don't quote me tho. It was notably less than Alabama residents.
Did someone at the interview tell you the numbers? They didn't say anything during my interview. Thanks!

Post-interview they said calls to IS would be Wednesday/Thursday and emails go out the same day! Few more days of anxiety..

I had my phone's volume turned all the way up today :laugh: I'm trying not to get my hopes up though.

Did someone at the interview tell you the numbers? They didn't say anything during my interview. Thanks!
Yup! I can't recall who he was, but he told us in the waiting area before I was called back for my interview. He wrote the numbers on the white board. I think KY was 69 and accepting 38. Again, it's just from memory so don't quote me.