August 6th MCAT Score Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jamilla_w

We are next people.

How is everyone feeling about the exam now that we have seen a few more MCATs given and the July 24th score?

I am feeling a little optimistic after seeing today's scores but I think that our PS was harder than other people seem to... not good for me.

Members don't see this ad.

seriously. wtf. i need to know if i should start bogging down and cramming for the sept 11th exam or not.

Now that is inconvenient... sorry.

I know someone who was going to register for the 9/16 exam if she didn't do well today... hopefully there will still be spots left on Friday.

In 10 years, those of us that are working for the med schools need to remember these times. Texas already has their own application service so they should be the first to use their own testing service as well.

Any comments?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should have seen this one coming, since it happened twice on my last score release. This blows.

seeing as though we each pay over ~250 dollars to take this exam, you would think that they could use that money to find competent people that can make sure the scores are loaded on time. EITHER THAT OR DONT POST A DEADLINE THAT YOU KNOW WONT BE MADE.... my last scores were delayed 2 days as well..... ARGHHHH
obviously im very happy right now <smoke is rising from my head>

Wasn't there a notice up that AAMC offices will be closed from 8/31 until 9/4 or something?
Altought I did not take this exam, I had a gut-feeling when I saw it that there's no way they'll post scores a day after labor day...

I owe you $5, oh visionary.

that's really in AAMC style. The Monday off did not help this situation. Lets hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us.... Do not give up on today though. Previously, they put the scores up as late as 7 pm.

Seriously, I'm about to go off the deep end here. First off, the test center on July 24th had no AC and I fainted in a 110 degree room. So I signed up for August 6th at a testing center 300 miles away. I'm still waiting for them to give me my money ($400 for the travel and reg fees) AND NOW NO SCORES?!?!? I'm going to bill them for the therapy too...

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, I'm about to go off the deep end here. First off, the test center on July 24th had no AC and I fainted in a 110 degree room. So I signed up for August 6th at a testing center 300 miles away. I'm still waiting for them to give me my money ($400 for the travel and reg fees) AND NOW NO SCORES?!?!? I'm going to bill them for the therapy too...

Oh that sucks. I am signed up for 8th of Sept in case I have to retake. I hope we get the scores before then.

I wonder what would happen if everything in medicine was this late?

I've got it, the medical schools should use a company that post test scores on time.
It sounds simple, but it must be very very hard.

+pissed+

Wasn't there a notice up that AAMC offices will be closed from 8/31 until 9/4 or something?
Altought I did not take this exam, I had a gut-feeling when I saw it that there's no way they'll post scores a day after labor day...

2 days after labor day, but I agree

this is completely rediculous!!! I really hate these people right now!:mad:

Ok, here is the question... If I decide not to take this Saturday exam, so I just do not show up for it? Do I have to call them or something? The cancel buttom is already gone on AAMC website so I cant cancel it.

ok, so i'm not gonna bash AAMC (i'm a FIRM believer in karma), but there's nothing we can do about it nowso whatever. Where did you guys get the info that it's gonna be on Friday, I scoured the aamc website but found nothing.
More importantly, is it possible that they release the scores BEFORE friday at 5pm?? I just don't know what to do...

ok, so i'm not gonna bash AAMC (i'm a FIRM believer in karma), but there's nothing we can do about it nowso whatever. Where did you guys get the info that it's gonna be on Friday, I scoured the aamc website but found nothing.
More importantly, is it possible that they release the scores BEFORE friday at 5pm?? I just don't know what to do...

u have to sign in to check ur scores, then it tells ya

Is it true that we are applying so late it doesn't really matter what score we get? We are basically competing for wait list spots? Some snotty girl told me this today when I said that I was nervous about my score.

I actually don't think that is quite true. I applied last year and took the August MCAT, when scores were released nearly two months later and still scored an interview at UT Houston. Although I did not match, I still had the opportunity to interview. A friend of mine who also took the August 2006 MCAT with me actually matched into a school in New York.
So to answer your question...your score does matter, but be prepared for a back-up plan in case things do not work out in your favor. Texas schools are competitive esp since they started this whole pre-match offer system, so a 30 on the MCAT with a decent GPA will make you competitive.
So my advice to you...don't limit your application and make sure you apply everywhere. Good luck!

Sorry to bust into your thread but does anyone know when the aug 9th scores are supposed to be released

those mother f*ckers....i HATE the AAMC!!

Now im gonna have to do lots and lots of drugs until friday so that i dont even think about this darn test...

the aamc made me do it... :D

Sorry to bust into your thread but does anyone know when the aug 9th scores are supposed to be released

So far, they haven't changed our release. I'm sure they will since there are 3 administrations set to release that day (and there was only one on the 6th). Ugh. Seriously, who even CARES about their writing score??? (except the canadians...) Just let us have the numbers already!!!

So far, they haven't changed our release. I'm sure they will since there are 3 administrations set to release that day (and there was only one on the 6th). Ugh. Seriously, who even CARES about their writing score??? (except the canadians...) Just let us have the numbers already!!!

Well, when I did so abysmally on my BS score last year, my S in writing was a small consolation lol. I had to console myself somehow....+pity+

Well, when I did so abysmally on my BS score last year, my S in writing was a small consolation lol. I had to console myself somehow....+pity+

Can't lie.. I was proud of my "Q". But at this point, give us the numbers and give us the writing when you are done with it, aamc! :):)

I can't describe in words how much I hate the AAMC..now im gonna have to deal with two more sleepless nights while waiting for them to publish the scores..

ahhhhhhhhhhh

Do we know for a fact that it's the writing sample that's keeping the scores delayed? I, for one, don't think that it is. I believe it just has to do with finding everyone's score, putting into the system, and double checking to make sure they were put in correctly. I've graded tests for 300-person classes before, and helping my professor input the grades on Blackboard can take a lot longer than you might think. I can only imagine what the AAMC has to go through with every administration.

Do we know for a fact that it's the writing sample that's keeping the scores delayed? I, for one, don't think that it is. I believe it just has to do with finding everyone's score, putting into the system, and double checking to make sure they were put in correctly. I've graded tests for 300-person classes before, and helping my professor input the grades on Blackboard can take a lot longer than you might think. I can only imagine what the AAMC has to go through with every administration.

But there are no papers or blackboards involved, it is all computerized and categorized by the computers... That should take 0 mins to do.

haha, yes, I'm very well versed with entering grades on Blackboard and I can definitely see your point. I also think the long weekend had something to do with it. Meanwhile, I'll just sit at home and have the same anxiety attacks that I had on Monday and Tuesday, tomorrow and Friday.

Lawd have mercy.

I can't describe in words how much I hate the AAMC..now im gonna have to deal with two more sleepless nights while waiting for them to publish the scores..

ahhhhhhhhhhh

lol, I know... we will all be zombies by the time Friday rolls around.

But there are no papers or blackboards involved, it is all computerized and categorized by the computers... That should take 0 mins to do.

LOL - that's true! I completely overlooked this statement.... Maybe they want to double check all the scores? I don't know what takes them so long. I wonder how many essay graders they employ?

Humans reading it on paper or on a computer screen?

I have no idea...maybe they get printouts? I *think* it's read by 3 different graders, but not sure on that.

I wonder if we can get this thread to 20 pages by Friday...

wow, AAMC is unbelievable. Something in my guts tells me that our scores wont be up till Monday

"We expect to release scores for the August 6th, 2007 exam by close of business on Friday, September 7th, 2007."

I don't so much mind a release delay, but it's really annoying that they didn't tell us until the time they were supposed to release the scores. At least last time, they gave us fair warning about the release delay. I'm not a big fan of surprises of this nature.