AVC/UPEI c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don’t they have to be official transcripts & mailed? Email ones aren’t official.

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t they have to be official transcripts & mailed? Email ones aren’t official.
I had no issues emailing official transcripts through my university's transcript office.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them an unofficial copy and Lisa Heron said it was fine. I expect after they give you an offer which should be by the end of next week, they will request an official fall 2020 if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them an unofficial copy and Lisa Heron said it was fine. I expect after they give you an offer which should be by the end of next week, they will request an official fall 2020 if needed.
Ok it must differ for international students. I’ve always had to mail mine.

I would probs wait to email transcripts bc they met last week and reviewed international applicants

Hey did you get into anywhere yet?
No, not yet. Cornell is calling people today (though I doubt I got in there), Penn is still sending out invites, Tufts is still sending out invites. I interview with LIU Saturday. Fingers crossed! You?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, not yet. Cornell is calling people today (though I doubt I got in there), Penn is still sending out invites, Tufts is still sending out invites. I interview with LIU Saturday. Fingers crossed! You?
I got denied from Colorado, waitlisted for the Alaska/Colorado 2+2 program, and I have an interview with LIU in about 15 minutes. Haven't heard from Tufts, UPenn, or Cornell yet.

I got denied from Colorado, waitlisted for the Alaska/Colorado 2+2 program, and I have an interview with LIU in about 15 minutes. Haven't heard from Tufts, UPenn, or Cornell yet.
Good luck with LIU!! Colorado is super tuff...but awesome on the 2+2 program!

Sorry this was meant for Caseyl the person you responded to!
There's a person on the APVMA fb page who works in veterinary admissions who's giving out a pdf on debt management etc It's really important to consider what your quality of life is going to look like after vet school. I have friends who graduated Tufts together, bought a house, owe $800k combined in school debt and they both work full time and moonlight/do relief just to make their bills....it's a struggle for sure.

Anybody else dying to hear? Just me? Lol I’ve found past years hearing any time from the 11-18th so...I’ll just continue to check my email obsessively :) how’s everyone else doing?

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else dying to hear? Just me? Lol I’ve found past years hearing any time from the 11-18th so...I’ll just continue to check my email obsessively :) how’s everyone else doing?
Hi there! Apparently their admissions meeting was delayed this year by COVID, so I was told to expect decisions to be released late January-early February. Doesn’t mean I’m not still checking my email obsessively 😅, but we likely won’t hear this week

Hi there! Apparently their admissions meeting was delayed this year by COVID, so I was told to expect decisions to be released late January-early February. Doesn’t mean I’m not still checking my email obsessively , but we likely won’t hear this week

They told me mid January at the latest...

They told me mid January at the latest...
I hope so! I asked Sharon in December and that’s where I got my timeline. But I’m sure it’s highly variable. Fingers crossed it’s sooner!

So we can all just nail bite together then lol

Ugh I am dying waiting for something to come through!! I am constantly checking my email lol

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like normally the acceptance emails go out about the 3rd week in January? So maybe we just have to wait until next week 😕

Today I discovered that my undergrad institution sent out transcripts (for my BA in 2005) but not all my transcripts (as in, fall 2020 grades) so half of what they're supposed to have is missing. Of course, the office is remote so I get an auto reply to my email that it's going to be 3-5 business days to hear anything...and it's a long weekend here. I know it's all going to get worked out but it's a little stressful all the same. How's everyone else?

I'm confused, do we have to send in transcripts right now or only if we're accepted/waitlisted? I'm from the US

I'm confused, do we have to send in transcripts right now or only if we're accepted/waitlisted? I'm from the US
I'm in the US also--I was told to be sure to send mine but I had a bunch of things pending/needing to be redone because they were too old.

Today I discovered that my undergrad institution sent out transcripts (for my BA in 2005) but not all my transcripts (as in, fall 2020 grades) so half of what they're supposed to have is missing. Of course, the office is remote so I get an auto reply to my email that it's going to be 3-5 business days to hear anything...and it's a long weekend here. I know it's all going to get worked out but it's a little stressful all the same. How's everyone else?

Sharon said unofficial transcripts were ok! You should be able to send those today!

Does it say anywhere that we are to send our transcripts for fall 2020?

Who else is impatiently emailing schools about decisions because my stress induced paranoia is making me!

Who else is impatiently emailing schools about decisions because my stress induced paranoia is making me!
I’m playing hard to get lol I’m trying hard not to nag anyone even though I totally want to.

Hi there! Apparently their admissions meeting was delayed this year by COVID, so I was told to expect decisions to be released late January-early February. Doesn’t mean I’m not still checking my email obsessively 😅, but we likely won’t hear this week
In case it saves you an email, Sharon emailed me the above back in December (I had sent her a document she needed and asked about the decision timeframe in that email). She said the admissions staff usually meets in December, but couldn't meet until mid-January this year because of COVID. I do hope it's sooner, but she said to plan on late January-early February. I hope that helps a little!

International acceptance!! Congrats to all!!

Reactions: 7 users