-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread
Started by LetItSnow
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Voting closed. Results pending...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍control your mind through the tv?
Rng:
Lynch bbeventer
Lynch bbeventer
Today's guest lynching is brought to you by MrsSOV. Her involvement in this write-up does not in any way relate to her role in the game and should not be taken as an indication of her status as a villager or villain. Take it away, MrsSOV.....
Terror, suspicions and paranoia mount in NYC, as the news of Bruce "I Might Have Been Hulk Someday" Banner's death circulates. Nobody is at rest, as they know that killers must be lurking among them in the daylight. The tragedy of the previous night led one citizen to consult Nietzsche's "Birth of Tragedy," trying to find some wisdom in the words of the philosopher. This morning, the citizen went to the city public library and read:
"There is an ancient story that King Midas hunted in the forest a long time for the wise Silenus the companion of Dionysus, without capturing him. When Silenus at last fell into his hands, the king asked what was the best and most desirable of all things for man.... "
[What is it SOV, stop bothering me, I am doing the write-up.......YES, I know what I am doing, and if you don't leave me alone I will whack you in the head again, and then you won't just be talking strange for only ONE day.]
Back to the citizen's reading....."Fixed and immovable, the demigod said not a word, till at last, urged by the king, he gave a shrill laugh and broke out into these words: 'Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is -- to die soon."
The citizen pondered --on the death of Bruce Banner, who died so soon without realizing his potential, could this be a good thing?
Yet alas, while the citizen was so engrossed in the reading and the thinking at the library, there was another tragedy happening outside. The crowds, spurred on by a rumor that Banner's killing was an inside job, took it out on S.H.I.E.L.D Scientist Jamr0ckin, who had just finished a prototype biomechanical battery capable of recharging a living being's action. JamR0ckin was killed by a mob on 42nd street, right outside the city library, thus following Silenus' advice.
It is now Night 2. Night deadline is 8pm CDT. If we get all PMs in before then we will be able to close it down earlier.
Players remaining (24):
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
7. Sheepdogpsu- Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D Scientist whose battery will go unused
9. StartingoverVet
10. squirrelsrule
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko
16. Philliab
17. Holdonhope
18. Trematoda
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
22. devyn
23. krist
24. Abney
25. PetPony
26. Tiger369
Terror, suspicions and paranoia mount in NYC, as the news of Bruce "I Might Have Been Hulk Someday" Banner's death circulates. Nobody is at rest, as they know that killers must be lurking among them in the daylight. The tragedy of the previous night led one citizen to consult Nietzsche's "Birth of Tragedy," trying to find some wisdom in the words of the philosopher. This morning, the citizen went to the city public library and read:
"There is an ancient story that King Midas hunted in the forest a long time for the wise Silenus the companion of Dionysus, without capturing him. When Silenus at last fell into his hands, the king asked what was the best and most desirable of all things for man.... "
[What is it SOV, stop bothering me, I am doing the write-up.......YES, I know what I am doing, and if you don't leave me alone I will whack you in the head again, and then you won't just be talking strange for only ONE day.]
Back to the citizen's reading....."Fixed and immovable, the demigod said not a word, till at last, urged by the king, he gave a shrill laugh and broke out into these words: 'Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is -- to die soon."
The citizen pondered --on the death of Bruce Banner, who died so soon without realizing his potential, could this be a good thing?
Yet alas, while the citizen was so engrossed in the reading and the thinking at the library, there was another tragedy happening outside. The crowds, spurred on by a rumor that Banner's killing was an inside job, took it out on S.H.I.E.L.D Scientist Jamr0ckin, who had just finished a prototype biomechanical battery capable of recharging a living being's action. JamR0ckin was killed by a mob on 42nd street, right outside the city library, thus following Silenus' advice.
It is now Night 2. Night deadline is 8pm CDT. If we get all PMs in before then we will be able to close it down earlier.
Players remaining (24):
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D Scientist whose battery will go unused
9. StartingoverVet
10. squirrelsrule
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko
16. Philliab
17. Holdonhope
18. Trematoda
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
22. devyn
23. krist
24. Abney
25. PetPony
26. Tiger369
Nice write up MrsSOV! 🙂
Now what the heck did the battery do? did it bring a person back to life? if so FECK! 🙁
Now what the heck did the battery do? did it bring a person back to life? if so FECK! 🙁
I poo on Nietzsche.
I poo on head-whacking.
I poo on batteries.
I poo on lynchings.
I poo I poo I poo.
I poo on head-whacking.
I poo on batteries.
I poo on lynchings.
I poo I poo I poo.
recharging a living being's action.
Fe.
Ca
K
Cl
Au
Fe
Women
Man
Dog
Man
lungs
spleen
kidneys
heart.
heart
battery
electrical
mechanical
battery
😕
Dang. Sorry, Jam. 🙁
Crap sorry. Hiding in the bathroom to post. I agree with SOV. That would recharge Ironman
Interesting thought SOV (iron man's arc reactor....aka 'heart battery' I assume?)
I hope not.
I hope not.
It says recharge. Maybe can only be used once
Yay I can talk normally again! Phew. So what happened was on night 1 I was frozen so maybe that was the icicles from the write up? and then I ran into maria hill in the morning and could only post about how amazing she is. And I also found a massive hammer in my front yard that can only be used by a very strong person so I had to PM the mods the name of a player who I thought could use it. I had no idea so just went with zanydogs..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okey dokey I'm on break. Not being able to PM is messing with my mojo.
Yay I can talk normally again! Phew. So what happened was on night 1 I was frozen so maybe that was the icicles from the write up? and then I ran into maria hill in the morning and could only post about how amazing she is. And I also found a massive hammer in my front yard that can only be used by a very strong person so I had to PM the mods the name of a player who I thought could use it. I had no idea so just went with zanydogs..
Hmmm, I wonder if the hammer was used to hit SOV? Did Zanydogz know you gave it to him?
Crap! Forgot to set my alarm. 😡 I meant to just take a short nap, but slept for 5 hours instead! 😱 Sorry guys for missing lynch, but I didn't have any info either, so it would have been an RNG anyways. Sorry Jam. 🙁
And not even 1 vote for my lynch?! That's a new record! 

Hmmm, I wonder if the hammer was used to hit SOV? Did Zanydogz know you gave it to him?
No no it is for tonight (night 2) sorry that is confusing, we will see if anything happens tonight.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
No no it is for tonight (night 2) sorry that is confusing, we will see if anything happens tonight.
Now that I'm finally off of work and class...thanks for the heads up Krist. I haven't gotten a PM yet, but I'm sure I will.
Sorry that you got lynched Jam. I also agree that the battery might be linked to Iron Man, but otherwise I have no clue. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens tonight.
headed out to the pub to get my drink on... will check in from my phone....
headed out to the pub to get my drink on... will check in from my phone....
Have fun, Devyn!!! 😀
***************
Devyn, you need to return with tingely hands and tongue like I had a week ago... 😉
***************
Devyn, you need to return with tingely hands and tongue like I had a week ago... 😉
***************
Hmmm, I wonder if the hammer was used to hit SOV? Did Zanydogz know you gave it to him?
I can answer this. The whole point of the hammer is to get it to Thor (I think). The found write up says something like its so big you can't lift but maybe there's someone strong enough to use it. I had it the first night but didn't send it to anyone because I didn't know who Thor could possibly be. I lost it after the first night though.
Only missing 3 PMs. Deadline is at 8pm CDT. You have less than 3 hrs
I can answer this. The whole point of the hammer is to get it to Thor (I think). The found write up says something like its so big you can't lift but maybe there's someone strong enough to use it. I had it the first night but didn't send it to anyone because I didn't know who Thor could possibly be. I lost it after the first night though.
In the future, with an item or ability like the hammer, and others can chime in if they disagree, I would probably just send it to someone in the hopes that they are the right person, because more than likely its not going to cause any harm by trying it. Although I guess we can see what happens to zanydogz if she isn't Thor or whoever we are looking for.
I'm going to take a really wild guess here, based on other WW games I've read. Maybe people can't do their night actions unless they have their respective 'items'. Could be way off, but just an idea?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still missing a few PMs. Deadline is at 8pm CDT. You have 2 hours.
Just got home from work (f'ing crazy day). Sorry for missing the lynch, though I nothing helpful and probably would have just RNG'ed somebody anyway.
Shame to have lost jamrockin. Seems like whatever the role did exactly would have been nice to have around still. Don't know anything about Avengers, but reads to me like recharging a player's action would give someone more uses out of a limited-use action--potentially very helpful, so 🙁.
Shame to have lost jamrockin. Seems like whatever the role did exactly would have been nice to have around still. Don't know anything about Avengers, but reads to me like recharging a player's action would give someone more uses out of a limited-use action--potentially very helpful, so 🙁.
In the future, with an item or ability like the hammer, and others can chime in if they disagree, I would probably just send it to someone in the hopes that they are the right person, because more than likely its not going to cause any harm by trying it. Although I guess we can see what happens to zanydogz if she isn't Thor or whoever we are looking for.
I realized afterwards that I should have sent it on but I was running late on time.
it sounds like certain items go to certain people. I know SOV mentioned early on that he had a bow and arrow. I would think hawkeye would like that. Thor and his hammer, potentially. There are probably others, too - Captain America's shield comes to mind.
Is Hawkeye considered good or bad? From what I was reading, he was enslaved by Loki?
Whoever is the SHIELD medic that healed me: Thank you!!
My thoughts to follow shortly, but I believe that Hawkeye is a good guy.
My thoughts to follow shortly, but I believe that Hawkeye is a good guy.
Is Hawkeye considered good or bad? From what I was reading, he was enslaved by Loki?
Probably considered good. Based on his role in the movie. He was enslaved, but he's not a bad guy when in control of himself.
Just got home... would have checked in earlier, but I did get called in last night (8pm-1am) like I thought I would and had a super busy day. Anyway:
And trem... um... bad day, bad item, or unfortunate role requirement?
The ice thing made me think of the Frost Giants rather than Captain America. But I have no idea what it was referring to.Not sure on the ice thing, Cap was found in ice, but he doesn't really have any ice specific powers that I can remember. Then again, he IS related to ice, perhaps that's enough.
And trem... um... bad day, bad item, or unfortunate role requirement?
I can confirm that this exists -- found it at the start of the game and lost it night 1.There are probably others, too - Captain America's shield comes to mind.
Yup. I was thinking that too.
Still waiting on some PMs. You have 50 minutes.
Right, this may be a little long, but I have a lot of thoughts after being silenced for so long.
I was silenced for an entire day/night cycle by a bolt of lightning, which completely and totally sucked. Thanks Abney and wolfspeaker for mentioning that you thought I was silenced, and thanks to whoever healed me! I really hope that the bolt of lightning was not Thor because silencing random people is not very heroic. Hindering communication only helps the wolves, as seem by the way the Mafia silenced and then convinced everyone to off nohika in the last game. 😡 I also had something else happen to me that seems to be entirely unrelated the the lightning bolt/subsequent silencing and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.
I assume that my silencing was the "bolts of electricity" mentioned in the N1 write-up, like how krist thought she was the "icicles". That leaves someone else possibly silenced by being "hauled in for questioning".
I'm really hoping it's the former, because if SOV is right then that means we're probably out Iron Man.
I was silenced for an entire day/night cycle by a bolt of lightning, which completely and totally sucked. Thanks Abney and wolfspeaker for mentioning that you thought I was silenced, and thanks to whoever healed me! I really hope that the bolt of lightning was not Thor because silencing random people is not very heroic. Hindering communication only helps the wolves, as seem by the way the Mafia silenced and then convinced everyone to off nohika in the last game. 😡 I also had something else happen to me that seems to be entirely unrelated the the lightning bolt/subsequent silencing and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.
I assume that my silencing was the "bolts of electricity" mentioned in the N1 write-up, like how krist thought she was the "icicles". That leaves someone else possibly silenced by being "hauled in for questioning".
In the future, with an item or ability like the hammer, and others can chime in if they disagree, I would probably just send it to someone in the hopes that they are the right person, because more than likely its not going to cause any harm by trying it. Although I guess we can see what happens to zanydogz if she isn't Thor or whoever we are looking for.
I definitely agree that it sounds like we have to get some items to the right people, especially given the option to choose who you pass it to, like with what is apparently Thor's hammer Mjolnir. If you can't use it, it's not doing SHIELD and the Avengers any good in the fight against evil. My only worry about passing items to people willy-nilly is that they could end up in wolf hands. I suggest that if you get something that you can choose to pass on, think carefully about who you decide to give it to.it sounds like certain items go to certain people. I know SOV mentioned early on that he had a bow and arrow. I would think hawkeye would like that. Thor and his hammer, potentially. There are probably others, too - Captain America's shield comes to mind.
The write-up called it a "prototype biomechanical battery capable of recharging a living being's action" so this is what I was leaning towards, rather than SOV's idea that it is Tony Stark's arc reactor.Shame to have lost jamrockin. Seems like whatever the role did exactly would have been nice to have around still. Don't know anything about Avengers, but reads to me like recharging a player's action would give someone more uses out of a limited-use action--potentially very helpful, so 🙁.
I'm really hoping it's the former, because if SOV is right then that means we're probably out Iron Man.That makes a lot of sense. Since the mods pulled from individual movies as well as The Avengers, there could very well be a wolf Frost Giant (possibly King Laufey?).The ice thing made me think of the Frost Giants rather than Captain America. But I have no idea what it was referring to.
So, Krist was 'frozen' by the icicles but not silenced? What do the icicles do then? Just keep someone from doing a night action? It seemed to me that seeing Maria Hill the next morning(D2)was an unrelated event.
I agree that seeing Maria Hill seems unrelated. I'm not sure about the frozen thing, I was just going with what she said in her post:So, Krist was 'frozen' by the icicles but not silenced? What do the icicles do then? Just keep someone from doing a night action? It seemed to me that seeing Maria Hill the next morning(D2)was an unrelated event.
I was very definitely silenced by the lightning, but being role-blocked kinda makes sense for being frozen. Krist, can you shed any light on what being frozen did to you?Yay I can talk normally again! Phew. So what happened was on night 1 I was frozen so maybe that was the icicles from the write up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wasn't it Day 1 because we started with a night?
That's how I was interpreting it.
I don't know, actually. I've been calling it Day 2 in my notes because that's always the day the first lynch is on.
From what I got in the writeup, there was no D1. It just doesn't exist. Doesn't day always have to be before night? Therefore D2 would follow N1.
That's pretty much what I was thinking.That makes a lot of sense. Since the mods pulled from individual movies as well as The Avengers, there could very well be a wolf Frost Giant (possibly King Laufey?).
Wolfspeaker, it sounds like the icicles prevent night actions. And I agree, it sounds like the Maria Hill thing was unrelated to the being frozen thing.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 125K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 193K
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K