Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread

Started by LetItSnow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

From what I got in the writeup, there was no D1. It just doesn't exist. Doesn't day always have to be before night? Therefore D2 would follow N1.

You could argue the same way that there is always a night before a day. :laugh:

It's how the mods started. Night 1, so then was Day 1 because it was the first day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we need mod clarification. :laugh:

I agree! Otherwise we may be in a world of hurt. :laugh: My logic follows: D1 is always used to elect a leader. We didn't elect a leader, so it just doesn't exist! From what I know, it's always been in the format of D1, N1, D2, N2, etc. Why change it and confuse the crap out of us. 😛
D1 just doesn't exist. 😀
 
Not every game is the same, remember? We shouldn't forget about that. Everybody always talks about how stuff happened in other games, so it must be happening here, too. It's not the other game. It's this game right now. After all, there is no PMing here, which isn't "normal" either.
 
I think it doesn't even really matter in the end. 😉
It definitely matters, because if some people think Jam died on D1 and some think D2, we're going to get really confused and accuse each other of lying when we say things like "I found the really cool item on D3 and used it after that." 😉

And apparently N1 was followed by D1, so I must go correct my notes now. Wolfspeaker, apparently our affinity for Loki is a clue that our minds think the same way. :laugh:
 
I agree! Otherwise we may be in a world of hurt. :laugh: My logic follows: D1 is always used to elect a leader. We didn't elect a leader, so it just doesn't exist! From what I know, it's always been in the format of D1, N1, D2, N2, etc. Why change it and confuse the crap out of us. 😛
D1 just doesn't exist. 😀
I answered the question in a previous post.

Anyways, night closed. Results pending. It will probably take me awhile to get PMs out so please be patient. Just a reminder, please don't post or PM about PMs until night results are posted.
 
Not every game is the same, remember? We shouldn't forget about that. Everybody always talks about how stuff happened in other games, so it must be happening here, too. It's not the other game. It's this game right now. After all, there is no PMing here, which isn't "normal" either.
Very true. 👍 We can take past games as guidance, but we can't assume anything about the current game based on that.
 
It definitely matters, because if some people think Jam died on D1 and some think D2, we're going to get really confused and accuse each other of lying when we say things like "I found the really cool item on D3 and used it after that." 😉

And apparently N1 was followed by D1, so I must go correct my notes now. Wolfspeaker, apparently our affinity for Loki is a clue that our minds think the same way. :laugh:

I am ok with this. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry I am here just out. Maria hill thing seemed totally unrelated to being frozen, At least as far as I could tell from pm. The pm made it seemed like it blocks night actions but didn't affect me bc I have none. People, be careful with these items what if I was the protector or seer?!?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
 
Wasn't it Day 1 because we started with a night?

Modly Clarification, in case we refer to a particular day/night:

The game started with Night 1, then proceeded to Day 1, then Night 2, Day 2, etc.

I don't care how y'all refer to it in the least, but for administrative purposes from Lissa and I, that's how we're numbering.
 
Just checked my pm again and it said I was frozen and not able to act, not that it mattered anyway.

And with getting items to right people from the pms I got seems like items are RNGed anyway so even if it was accidentally passed to a wolf I doubt they could use it anyway and would probably just be recirculated, if I had to guess.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
 
So, now, do we think 'icicles' is a role or an item? I personally think it might be a role, but not certain. Just a feeling.
 
Just checked my pm again and it said I was frozen and not able to act, not that it mattered anyway.

And with getting items to right people from the pms I got seems like items are RNGed anyway so even if it was accidentally passed to a wolf I doubt they could use it anyway and would probably just be recirculated, if I had to guess.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
Right, so definitely a role-blocker, then. Thanks krist.

The thing is that if you can choose who to send an item to, if it gets into wolfie hands then that gives them the opportunity to keep passing it around themselves and keeping it out of villager hands--so they may not be able to use it, but then neither will the person whose role may need it. This is speculation based on the fact that Sheep was Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk, but for example if Thor doesn't get Mjolnir, will he be able to do any actions at night, kinda thing.
 
Belated thanks for the clarification on the D1/D2 thing. At least this way we'll all be on the same page when we're talking about when things happened.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it's probably a role, based on the fact that it sounds like a very Frost Giant-y type of ability.
 
Right, so definitely a role-blocker, then. Thanks krist.

The thing is that if you can choose who to send an item to, if it gets into wolfie hands then that gives them the opportunity to keep passing it around themselves and keeping it out of villager hands--so they may not be able to use it, but then neither will the person whose role may need it. This is speculation based on the fact that Sheep was Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk, but for example if Thor doesn't get Mjolnir, will he be able to do any actions at night, kinda thing.

Oh that's true I didn't think of it like that


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app
 
Hi guys. Just want to let you know that I am allowed to speak normally since the end of the day, I have just been away for the last 8 hours.

I had a message from my tv that re-wired my brain. I could only talk in gibberish or emoticons.

I don't know if this is from an avengers, but there seem to be a lot of shows where something like this occurred. It sounds like there is a villain trying to use mind control. Or just an item that does that to you?

Anyway, thanks to everyone (but Nyanko of course) for putting up with my posts. I will hopefully have more to say later as I go through the days posts.
 
Right, so definitely a role-blocker, then. Thanks krist.

The thing is that if you can choose who to send an item to, if it gets into wolfie hands then that gives them the opportunity to keep passing it around themselves and keeping it out of villager hands--so they may not be able to use it, but then neither will the person whose role may need it. This is speculation based on the fact that Sheep was Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk, but for example if Thor doesn't get Mjolnir, will he be able to do any actions at night, kinda thing.
I usually limited the number of times the wolves could do that, and then randomly reassigned. Hopefully the mods have thought of that and have done likewise.

As a mod, you don't really want to end up with the items being passed back and forth among the same group of people.
 
Hi guys. Just want to let you know that I am allowed to speak normally since the end of the day, I have just been away for the last 8 hours.

I had a message from my tv that re-wired my brain. I could only talk in gibberish or emoticons.

I don't know if this is from an avengers, but there seem to be a lot of shows where something like this occurred. It sounds like there is a villain trying to use mind control. Or just an item that does that to you?

Anyway, thanks to everyone (but Nyanko of course) for putting up with my posts. I will hopefully have more to say later as I go through the days posts.


Loki does mind control.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got off work and want to touch on couple of a things. Hawkeye is definitely a good guy. He's considered a hero. But yeah he did get mind controlled do maybe that's a weakness? Second, SOV how do we know that your character doesn't just THINK it came from the TV? I'm not deadset that it was Loki just saying that was a possibility?
 
Abney, that is not a reassuring thought about Hawkeye. In recent games, if a role has a weakness like that it's meant that they auto-convert under certain circumstances. That's how we got krist on the first night of the X-Men game. And how you converted devyn in Tortall.
 
OK, so I'm boring on the outside, but at least it's not boring in my head! Lots going on in there. 😀

Abney, that is not a reassuring thought about Hawkeye. In recent games, if a role has a weakness like that it's meant that they auto-convert under certain circumstances. That's how we got krist on the first night of the X-Men game. And how you converted devyn in Tortall.

This is totally plausible and little scary. :scared:
 
Maybe I should stop posting so much. Its just so boring with out being able to PM. 🙁 I feel like I'm becoming TW. 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wolfspeaker, right now you are are leading the thread with 40 posts. 😱 You're being out myself and Abney, so I'd say you are well on your way to becoming TW. :laugh: