Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtsInChaos

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello everyone.

I am fortunate enough to have been accepted to both of these institutions, and I had a small list of questions.

1. Board Preparation/USMLE: How active is each school's administration and curriculum in preparing students for the boards.

2. Match Lists and Future: I am from California, and I've heard from many residents/MS3-4s that if I would be interested in coming back to the West Coast (which I am), it would be preferable for me to go to AZCOM.

For someone who would like to obtain a residency in CA as well as one that is either in EM or surgery; potentially wanting to specialize, would going to a school that has 'better' rotation sites be a significant difference? I want to ensure that I obtain as much exposure as possible through my rotations, especially during electives.

3. Quality of Clinical Rotations: With reference to #2, can anyone comment on the differences between these and how significant of a difference that there may be between these two schools?

I understand that for AZCOM, there is a good chance I can do my 3rd/4th year rotations in the LA area and this would be very close to home and be helpful with regards to my rent and expenses; any comments on this as well?

I appreciate all and any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.