AZCOM vs DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

encephalon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been accepted to both AZCOM and DMU, but haven't decided where I want to go yet. (Also waiting to hear back from NSU, which I would choose over both) but in case I don't hear back, I need to decide. Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Paging Student Doctors DrWily, Frky, corpsman, etc...

If I had to make that decision I would probably be more inclined to pick DMU. Disclaimer: I haven't been to either campus.

Hi everyone, I have been accepted to both AZCOM and DMU, but haven't decided where I want to go yet. (Also waiting to hear back from NSU, which I would choose over both) but in case I don't hear back, I need to decide. Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Paging Student Doctors DrWily, Frky, corpsman, etc...

If I had to make that decision I would probably be more inclined to pick DMU. Disclaimer: I haven't been to either campus.

I have been to DMU and it is very nice, although I hear AZCOM is a great school as well.

Personally, I turned down my interview at AZCOM because it was waay too expensive (over 50K). DMU is a little cheaper at just less than 40K for tuition and has been around for much longer (2nd oldest osteopathic school).
Finances aside, both schools have great reputations, so go where you feel the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
obviously you should go to DMU. but i have never seen AZCOM so I can't say completely, but DMU is cheaper. with a cheap COL.

DMU is great and they are making some positive changes around campus. AZCOM i hear is a great school too.

I have been to DMU and it is very nice, although I hear AZCOM is a great school as well.

Personally, I turned down my interview at AZCOM because it was waay too expensive (over 50K). DMU is a little cheaper at just less than 40K for tuition and has been around for much longer (2nd oldest osteopathic school).
Finances aside, both schools have great reputations, so go where you feel the best.

:smack: when I wrote that post I thought you were an AZCOM student. I now realize we've been representing the LMU vs NSU thread quite well. :laugh:

There are quite a few of us from our cycle that frequent the pre-osteo threads. Sometimes it is difficult to remember who goes where. My bad...

:smack: when I wrote that post I thought you were an AZCOM student. I now realize we've been representing the LMU vs NSU thread quite well. :laugh:

There are quite a few of us from our cycle that frequent the pre-osteo threads. Sometimes it is difficult to remember who goes where. My bad...

No worries, that's why I stuck with objective comments about the tuition that nobody can dispute. I will let the current students argue about which one is better :cool:.

No worries, that's why I stuck with objective comments about the tuition that nobody can dispute. I will let the current students argue about which one is better :cool:.

True. We definitely don't have dogs in this fight, so to speak.

interviewed at both schools. There's is nothing that AZCOM offers that justifies their ridiculous tuition. Go with the cheaper school.

Thank you everyone! I totally agree that AZCOM's tuition is very high.. and they don't record lectures. And I got a really great feel from the students at DMU.. I think I know my answer! :) Thank you all! Any other comments greatly appreciated though

Thank you everyone! I totally agree that AZCOM's tuition is very high.. and they don't record lectures. And I got a really great feel from the students at DMU.. I think I know my answer! :) Thank you all! Any other comments greatly appreciated though

Is it true that they don't record lectures? :thumbdown:

That would make a difficult decision very easy in my book.

I remember some of the students at AZCOM saying that students will record the lectures themselves and put it up on a shared dropbox.. so some classes will be recorded, but it's not guaranteed

I remember some of the students at AZCOM saying that students will record the lectures themselves and put it up on a shared dropbox.. so some classes will be recorded, but it's not guaranteed

Reading this makes me thankful for the recording system I have at Nova. No matter how much everyone complains about its periodic problems, it beats not having anything to look out when preparing for exams.

I had an interview at AZCOM but I withdrew due to my acceptance at DMU. I preferred the cost of living+tuition, the reputation of DMU (although AZCOM's match list looks great), and the chance to live in a new part of the country - I've lived in the west all my life. I've heard great things about AZCOM though. I'll miss the sun while I'm in Iowa.