You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD
Started by dyachei
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I agree it will be a little daunting to catch up. However, I think the long day cycles should hopefully give enough time for me to read through everything.The posting rule definitely makes it harder to catch up without a phone. I'll just have to make sure to check in more often that I'm used to.
lynch guis
For using RNG as an excuse 😛
And also for being wolfy way more often than I ever suspect.
For using RNG as an excuse 😛
And also for being wolfy way more often than I ever suspect.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Official lynch tally:
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
14/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
14/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
So behind.....just got home. Let me catch up
One of the first things that is nice to know is # wolves. If anyone has a way.....
Barring that, I suspect that given 28 players there are probably 5 + an impending convert or 4 + 2. Purely based on mathing.
Would you mind explaining your mathing to a complete noob? People can convert roles?
Lynch rojo cause promises? What do you think the possibility is of there being a one wolf type situation? Or all wolves...all vanillas....
Lynch rojo cause promises? What do you think the possibility is of there being a one wolf type situation? Or all wolves...all vanillas....
Is an all wolf situation possible? Or was that just a joke? 😛
I don't know what game it was because I didn't play it (before my time) but there was a game where everyone were wolvesIs an all wolf situation possible? Or was that just a joke? 😛
Note anybody who takes that suggestion seriously because all the villagers know there can't be all wolves😉Is an all wolf situation possible? Or was that just a joke? 😛
While LIS can probably explain way better than I am able to, I think the assumption is that ~20-25% of the games population would be wolves. In some (most?) games, the wolf side has the ability to convert a villager into a wolf at either a certain time point , or have a certain number of conversions to use for the length of the game. Also depending on the mod there is the possibility of a resurrected player coming back as a wolf as well.Would you mind explaining your mathing to a complete noob? People can convert roles?
Would you mind explaining your mathing to a complete noob? People can convert roles?
Usually the wolves have the chance to pick someone who was a villager for the entire game up to that point and then "convert" them to be a wolf. It's an asset for the wolves, because the convert has the cover of their previous role and also has gained the trust of other villagers. It usually only happens once or twice per game, and it can usually only happen at a certain point in the game. Some games don't have any converts at all
Note anybody who takes that suggestion seriously because all the villagers know there can't be all wolves😉
Hey now, I only took it seriously because I've never played a game like this before!! haha
While LIS can probably explain way better than I am able to, I think the assumption is that ~20-25% of the games population would be wolves. In some (most?) games, the wolf side has the ability to convert a villager into a wolf at either a certain time point , or have a certain number of conversions to use for the length of the game. Also depending on the mod there is the possibility of a resurrected player coming back as a wolf as well.
Oh right, because it's "informed minority" and "uninformed majority," right? That's what I've read when trying to find stuff about playing. By mod do you mean moderator which = dyachei?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Official lynch tally:
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
15/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
15/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Lynch PBC
D
deleted676737
Yes on both accounts. 🙂Oh right, because it's "informed minority" and "uninformed majority," right? That's what I've read when trying to find stuff about playing. By mod do you mean moderator which = dyachei?
We also know from the initial post, since you know, some people didn't get any pm at all....Note anybody who takes that suggestion seriously because all the villagers know there can't be all wolves😉
*********lynch LoTF**********
Official lynch tally:
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
PBC 1 (hayley)
LoTF 1 (stl)
17/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 1 (LIS)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
PBC 1 (hayley)
LoTF 1 (stl)
17/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Now that I'm thinking about it, I played a game like this before. If anyone knows of Slasher! on what was formerly known as the-n and is now known as Teen Nick.
There were a group of slashers, a psychic who could pick one player to expose (to themselves only) every night, a cop who could protect whoever they thought the slasher might kill, a reporter who could listen in on the slasher chat (without seeing names) and a large group of regular campers.
That was the best game ever, I really miss it
There were a group of slashers, a psychic who could pick one player to expose (to themselves only) every night, a cop who could protect whoever they thought the slasher might kill, a reporter who could listen in on the slasher chat (without seeing names) and a large group of regular campers.
That was the best game ever, I really miss it
Also is there any pming in the game? It looks like no, but just want to clarify.
Where's @Trilt and her infinite knowledge of links when you need her?
@sheltermed @AlphaBeta<3 here are some resources you might find helpful
What is WW? Cyndia has a good post about halfway down http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-ww-games.1054591/
Link to one of the noob games, rules aren't necessarily the same for this one, but will give you a feel for things http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-101-sdn-farm-beginners-ww-game.1057787/
@sheltermed @AlphaBeta<3 here are some resources you might find helpful
What is WW? Cyndia has a good post about halfway down http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-ww-games.1054591/
Link to one of the noob games, rules aren't necessarily the same for this one, but will give you a feel for things http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-101-sdn-farm-beginners-ww-game.1057787/
...I'm going to give you a pass for now because you're new, but you're quickly moving into lynch-worthy territory.wow, I haven't heard the word "noob" since 2007? 2008?
***LYNCH RESOLUTE MIKE*****
Like any forum, we have terms that we like to use. In this case, yes, new players are noobs and older players are veterans. "Noob" isn't necessarily an insult. Normally, I'd advise you to stay calm and try to learn the style of these games, but that's hard with the mandatory post limit.
As a tip: Comments are rarely taken seriously on an emotional level; we try to base votes off of rational evidence. If it's early game like now, you might send a vote off of RNG or mild feels, but feeble reason to accuse generally = equally feeble defense from accused. Your retaliatory lynch, especially with big font and color, makes me suspicious.
Any questions about the style of these games/ how they work?
Sounds like the same type of game here. Slasher = wolf, psychic = seer (specifically, alignment seer), cop = protector, regular camper = vanilla villager or vanillager (all general terms, exact role name depends on setup). Wolf chat is usually in private conversations, so we don't have an analog for the reporter. Some of our other common roles include role-name seer, angel or reviver (bring back a dead player), tracker (see who a target visits at night), among others.Now that I'm thinking about it, I played a game like this before. If anyone knows of Slasher! on what was formerly known as the-n and is now known as Teen Nick.
There were a group of slashers, a psychic who could pick one player to expose (to themselves only) every night, a cop who could protect whoever they thought the slasher might kill, a reporter who could listen in on the slasher chat (without seeing names) and a large group of regular campers.
That was the best game ever, I really miss it
She's being a loser and not playing, bc she has "more important" things than WW.... Bc there are more important things than WW....Where's @Trilt and her infinite knowledge of links when you need her?
@sheltermed @AlphaBeta<3 here are some resources you might find helpful
What is WW? Cyndia has a good post about halfway down http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-ww-games.1054591/
Link to one of the noob games, rules aren't necessarily the same for this one, but will give you a feel for things http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-101-sdn-farm-beginners-ww-game.1057787/
Also is there any pming in the game? It looks like no, but just want to clarify.
No villager pms yet, but rules could change soooo maybe someday.
D
deleted676737
I was under the impression that there's no villager PMing, at least for now. Wolves can PM only at night.Also is there any pming in the game? It looks like no, but just want to clarify.
Ninja'd by Rocky
Kk thanks.... To be honest, I feel like that slightly goes in the face of effectively strategizing and all of that jazz, but I guess we will roll with it.No villager pms yet, but rules could change soooo maybe someday.
What is RNG?Sounds like the same type of game here. Slasher = wolf, psychic = seer (specifically, alignment seer), cop = protector, regular camper = vanilla villager or vanillager (all general terms, exact role name depends on setup). Wolf chat is usually in private conversations, so we don't have an analog for the reporter. Some of our other common roles include role-name seer, angel or reviver (bring back a dead player), tracker (see who a target visits at night), among others.
And how many wolves would be in a game of 28 people? Are all those roles in this specific game?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is RNG?
And how many wolves would be in a game of 28 people? Are all those roles in this specific game?
I didn't realize I wasn't the only noob! Yay!
What is RNG?
And how many wolves would be in a game of 28 people? Are all those roles in this specific game?
Random number generator. There's no telling, only estimates from previous games which I'm not going to attempt. We dunno.
Random number generator. There's no telling, only estimates from previous games which I'm not going to attempt. We dunno.
How do you RNG it? Plug the names into a thing and it picks?
4-6 I would expect with DY. And it varies greatly based off the game. And random number generatorWhat is RNG?
And how many wolves would be in a game of 28 people? Are all those roles in this specific game?
D
deleted676737
RNG = random number generator. Basically, just randomly choosing someone on the roster to vote for in a lynch in this context, though it can be used for other game-related things by mods such as determining the outcomes of certain actions. You can use the site random.org to do this.What is RNG?
And how many wolves would be in a game of 28 people? Are all those roles in this specific game?
As for number of wolves... we don't know. The number of original wolves will differ depending on the game and mod. Dyachei seems to be striving for balance in this game, so probably not too many (I'd be surprised if there were more than 4-6 now). But yeah. We don't know at this point in time.
Yeah, there is a website for it, just put limits at 28. Or, you can try and do it a bit more strategically.How do you RNG it? Plug the names into a thing and it picks?
D
deleted676737
Ninja'd yet again. By multiple people. Let's have it for Sandy, the slowest freaking typer in existence. 🙄
Yeah, there is a website for it, just put limits at 28. Or, you can try and do it a bit more strategically.
Ya, I don't think I was gonna do it, just wanted to see how others did.
I didn't realize I wasn't the only noob! Yay!
How do you RNG it? Plug the names into a thing and it picks?
To be fair, I and many others in this very game are still considered noobs.
There's a website that I just Google. You stick a range of the roster numbers in.
*slow clap*Ninja'd yet again. By multiple people. Let's have it for Sandy, the slowest freaking typer in existence. 🙄
To be fair, I and many others in this very game are still considered noobs.
Proof, I always thought RNG = random name guess, amounts to the same thing in the end though.
This makes me think you have a role, since you typed "some people" instead of "some of us".We also know from the initial post, since you know, some people didn't get any pm at all....
trying to pick who to lynch is hard. I feel like I should pick someone who hasn't said anything yet, but they could also just not have gotten online yet. Does rocky = rockatiel? I'd like to vote to lynch rocky.
Yup agreed, STL, you seem roleyThis makes me think you have a role, since you typed "some people" instead of "some of us".
First off, there is something called tact, if I had a role, it probably wasn't the smartes thing to bring attention to me. Second off, I would never reveal if I had a role if I did and if I didn't, I would leave it open whether or not I had a role so I would possibly get targeted over others in the game. With that said, I worded that intentionally that way. But feel free to play a princess bride scenario as to why I phrased it that way 😉This makes me think you have a role, since you typed "some people" instead of "some of us".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted676737
Lynches the first day or two are always pretty tough because there's not really any information circulating, so there's a lot of RNG and feels-based votes. No worries.trying to pick who to lynch is hard. I feel like I should pick someone who hasn't said anything yet, but they could also just not have gotten online yet. Does rocky = rockatiel? I'd like to vote to lynch rocky.
***lynch STL***
I don't know that I have 10 relevant things to say in a day...
I don't know that I have 10 relevant things to say in a day...
Official lynch tally:
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 2 (LIS, shelter)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
PBC 1 (hayley)
LoTF 1 (stl)
STL 1 (MQ)
19/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
Teep 2 (AM, PBC)
1dog 1 (Deva)
WTF 1 (rocky)
rocky 2 (LIS, shelter)
AB3 2 (RM, sandy)
guis 2 (zen, genny)
genny 1 (guis)
hayley 1 (1dog)
mq 1 (LoTF)
RM 2 (vetmedhead, AB3)
rojo 1 (kdizzle)
PBC 1 (hayley)
LoTF 1 (stl)
STL 1 (MQ)
19/28 votes counted
0/28 post counts made (though getting closer)
***lynch STL***
I don't know that I have 10 relevant things to say in a day...
Well not to worry, bc the day is 36 hours long. 😉
Oh and not lynching because of whatever they are saying... Posted and then saw it
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K