-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Back to Basics: Hiking the NH48 WW - Game Thread
Started by Karabiner13
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I love mechanics but basics games are a lot better for me when school is happening (less time spent in rabbit holes, or Cthulhu hunts). Sign me up!... Suddenly have the urge to crank out another basics game in the next day or two
Somebody stop me
... Suddenly have the urge to crank out another basics game in the next day or two
Somebody stop me
Pls yes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... Suddenly have the urge to crank out another basics game in the next day or two
Somebody stop me
Oho! I can help you run it if its okay.
Im so bored now... just gonna stake out the forum and await some kind of sign up page
Ask and ye shall receive...Im so bored now... just gonna stake out the forum and await some kind of sign up page
Back to Basics WW Theme TBD
I love you all and definitely have FOMO but I think i should sit things out during the year unless I get desperate.
I love you all and definitely have FOMO but I think i should sit things out during the year unless I get desperate.
Dammit.
22 pagesNow the important question...
How many pages are the:
1. Spec chat
2. Dead chat
3. Woof chat
4. Mason chat?![]()
I know there was speculation as to how the allie in the tie and as tiemaker would have been resolved by me. A lot of the mechanics was more so in my head than written down and I was out of town when that happened. So I wanted to see what capri would do
As for me, I ran the RNG and got a 1 and a 3. That equated to the first person listed on the tally (allie) and the tiemaker (allie). Had I been around, allie would have died twice. @Animal Midwife is usually spot on with how I handle things
I think capri did an excellent job though as there was no right or wrong. It was open to interpretation considering as it was one of the mechanics only in my head
As for how I feel about ties, it depends on whether I am strict mod or laid back mod. This game was laid back mod so I didn't mind ties. If I feel you all are abusing ties and using them because you can't commit to a choice and essentially want the mods to make the choice for you, then I end up in strict mod mode and get mad at you all for making them. If I really don't want them, the mechanics will show that, like in Family Reunion (right AM?)
As for me, I ran the RNG and got a 1 and a 3. That equated to the first person listed on the tally (allie) and the tiemaker (allie). Had I been around, allie would have died twice. @Animal Midwife is usually spot on with how I handle things

I think capri did an excellent job though as there was no right or wrong. It was open to interpretation considering as it was one of the mechanics only in my head
As for how I feel about ties, it depends on whether I am strict mod or laid back mod. This game was laid back mod so I didn't mind ties. If I feel you all are abusing ties and using them because you can't commit to a choice and essentially want the mods to make the choice for you, then I end up in strict mod mode and get mad at you all for making them. If I really don't want them, the mechanics will show that, like in Family Reunion (right AM?)
I assumed it would go the way you described it. Hence me talking in dead chat about whether Sporty and MJ were going to die, or just Sporty. Also, interesting point Lawper brought up that sporty didn't vote for strog. The game may have ended much differently if she had!I know there was speculation as to how the allie in the tie and as tiemaker would have been resolved by me. A lot of the mechanics was more so in my head than written down and I was out of town when that happened. So I wanted to see what capri would do
As for me, I ran the RNG and got a 1 and a 3. That equated to the first person listed on the tally (allie) and the tiemaker (allie). Had I been around, allie would have died twice. @Animal Midwife is usually spot on with how I handle things
I think capri did an excellent job though as there was no right or wrong. It was open to interpretation considering as it was one of the mechanics only in my head
As for how I feel about ties, it depends on whether I am strict mod or laid back mod. This game was laid back mod so I didn't mind ties. If I feel you all are abusing ties and using them because you can't commit to a choice and essentially want the mods to make the choice for you, then I end up in strict mod mode and get mad at you all for making them. If I really don't want them, the mechanics will show that, like in Family Reunion (right AM?)
Oh wow, we didn't lose a single village PR, this might be the closest thing to a "Village Sweep" I've seen.
Oh wow, we didn't lose a single village PR, this might be the closest thing to a "Village Sweep" I've seen.
There is an actual village sweep that finn will never let me talk about, but this makes a notable second!
Talk about it, I dare you 😏There is an actual village sweep that finn will never let me talk about, but this makes a notable second!
Oh wow, we didn't lose a single village PR, this might be the closest thing to a "Village Sweep" I've seen.
There is an actual village sweep that finn will never let me talk about, but this makes a notable second!
Talk about it, I dare you 😏
How do wolf sweeps compare to them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WOLVES WIN IN A FULL SWEEP.(I'll take that thank you now, Melby)
Wait, wait, wait. I voted for every wolf on D1? @ziggyandjazzy , I'm never going to let you live this down:
Idk what to call it. Some kind of reverse idiot-savanting. @WildZoo , is there some kind of name for this?
Easy to throw shade on other people, but maybe you just need to get better at being a villager. Your attitude right now is irritating me anyways.
Idk what to call it. Some kind of reverse idiot-savanting. @WildZoo , is there some kind of name for this?
Wait, wait, wait. I voted for every wolf on D1? @ziggyandjazzy , I'm never going to let you live this down:
Idk what to call it. Some kind of reverse idiot-savanting. @WildZoo , is there some kind of name for this?
Save for Paws, but she was only on the board for a bus so not sure if that one counts or not.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think it falls under the idiot savanting umbrella.Wait, wait, wait. I voted for every wolf on D1? @ziggyandjazzy , I'm never going to let you live this down:
Idk what to call it. Some kind of reverse idiot-savanting. @WildZoo , is there some kind of name for this?
Also thought you might be amused that your whole wagon was villagers. I know that D1 lynch feel.
I stand by my statement. Part of being a village is to catch wolves and convince others why you believe it. Part of being village is trying not to get lynched. And that weird thing with AM is what got you lynched. Also, don't think you suspected paws and wasn't the sporty vote just 100% random like mine?Wait, wait, wait. I voted for every wolf on D1? @ziggyandjazzy , I'm never going to let you live this down:
Idk what to call it. Some kind of reverse idiot-savanting. @WildZoo , is there some kind of name for this?
And are you calling me an idiot savant? I can't really understand what you're getting at
I stand by my statement. Part of being a village is to catch wolves and convince others why you believe it. Part of being village is trying not to get lynched. And that weird thing with AM is what got you lynched. Also, don't think you suspected paws and wasn't the sporty vote just 100% random like mine?
And are you calling me an idiot savant? I can't really understand what you're getting at
Eh, some of the vets would disagree with the bolded. The entire point of village is to catch wolves. Obviously staying alive is great, but if you can take a wolf down with you then mission accomplished. As village you don't want to be lynched because you know you're not a wolf, you don't know about anyone else unless they're hard cleared though. If they're a PR who has been hard-cleared and you're vanilla, then to a certain extent you become fodder to protect them (like what I did to try and protect Dolphin in the Dogs game). Some will tell you to try not to get lynched, but it's only because you're not 100% sure about other players. My 2 cents anyway.
And no, the idiot savanting was about myself since I successfully voted for 3/4 wolves on D1 but didn't actually try and push any other their lynches. The only wolves I actually did suspect were Allie and Paws, but I didn't mention Paws because it was just feelz based on her interactions with you and for irl reasons I'm not going to get into.
Hence why I said "part". It was d1, you didn't know who you were going down for or anything. And yeah, you didn't live long enough to get yours feels out. I didn't either.Eh, some of the vets would disagree with the bolded. The entire point of village is to catch wolves. Obviously staying alive is great, but if you can take a wolf down with you then mission accomplished. As village you don't want to be lynched because you know you're not a wolf, you don't know about anyone else unless they're hard cleared though. If they're a PR who has been hard-cleared and you're vanilla, then to a certain extent you become fodder to protect them (like what I did to try and protect Dolphin in the Dogs game). Some will tell you to try not to get lynched, but it's only because you're not 100% sure about other players. My 2 cents anyway.
And no, the idiot savanting was about myself since I successfully voted for 3/4 wolves on D1 but didn't actually try and push any other their lynches. The only wolves I actually did suspect were Allie and Paws, but I didn't mention Paws because it was just feelz based on her interactions with you and for irl reasons I'm not going to get into.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
EhhhhhhhhhEh, some of the vets would disagree with the bolded. The entire point of village is to catch wolves. Obviously staying alive is great, but if you can take a wolf down with you then mission accomplished. As village you don't want to be lynched because you know you're not a wolf, you don't know about anyone else unless they're hard cleared though. If they're a PR who has been hard-cleared and you're vanilla, then to a certain extent you become fodder to protect them (like what I did to try and protect Dolphin in the Dogs game). Some will tell you to try not to get lynched, but it's only because you're not 100% sure about other players. My 2 cents anyway.
And no, the idiot savanting was about myself since I successfully voted for 3/4 wolves on D1 but didn't actually try and push any other their lynches. The only wolves I actually did suspect were Allie and Paws, but I didn't mention Paws because it was just feelz based on her interactions with you and for irl reasons I'm not going to get into.
Part of the job of being a villager is to some extent playing in such a way where you aren't an easy mislynch. Sure there are some times where a villager might get lynched and that might expose some wolves. But every day that goes by without a wolf getting lynched makes it harder for village to win. Your goal is to lynch wolves...yourself being lynched is directly in contrast to that goal. It's all opinion or whatever but I'm pretty sure that stance from zig comes straight down the line from me through kara and I'll stand by it. They're equal goals in my mind, you can be the best wolf hunter in the world but that's no use to anybody if you're dead before you get the chance to use those skills. I don't actually know any of the vets who would say that not getting lynched (or more specifically, being trusted among your fellow villagers) isn't part of the goal of villaging.
Sooooooo by the time I realized I could've just killed allie twice if it RNG'd that way, I was already basically done with the writeup so I just pretended it RNG'd both dying.I know there was speculation as to how the allie in the tie and as tiemaker would have been resolved by me. A lot of the mechanics was more so in my head than written down and I was out of town when that happened. So I wanted to see what capri would do
As for me, I ran the RNG and got a 1 and a 3. That equated to the first person listed on the tally (allie) and the tiemaker (allie). Had I been around, allie would have died twice. @Animal Midwife is usually spot on with how I handle things
I think capri did an excellent job though as there was no right or wrong. It was open to interpretation considering as it was one of the mechanics only in my head
As for how I feel about ties, it depends on whether I am strict mod or laid back mod. This game was laid back mod so I didn't mind ties. If I feel you all are abusing ties and using them because you can't commit to a choice and essentially want the mods to make the choice for you, then I end up in strict mod mode and get mad at you all for making them. If I really don't want them, the mechanics will show that, like in Family Reunion (right AM?)

I was just mentioning in dead chat how I don't remember playing this game. Probably because it went by so quickly..
Same.I was just mentioning in dead chat how I don't remember playing this game. Probably because it went by so quickly..
j/k
This was a frustratingly satisfying game, guise. I thought village was approaching lylo, but a little luck shone our way.

True that.
Would the village protector just selfishly protect her/himself every night unless she/he had a reason to protect someone else? I don't see why not....
Strog posted this yesterday the day after Genny was NK and two days after the first attempted NK on me.
Why would strog ask this if he was a wolf? Because he was trying to figure out if I was a protector and could be protecting myself. Nobody answered so last night wolves attempted to kill me again and I'm assuming wolf blocker tried to block my potential protecting ability and try to NK me in case I was protecting myself.
Also, f*** you wolves for trying to kill me x2. You don't even know if I was being truthful about the pr or not 😏
I just asked because I assumed a PR protector type role with unlimited uses would just selfishly protect her/himself every night unless there was a good reason not to. Doesn't mean I'm wolfy for asking kwestions!
Also, I just found out Barkley was protector and Dina is a mason. *mind blown* Thought Dina was protector this whole time.
ok so maybe someone who hasnt told me to go **** myself and named me sketcbhballs (??) could answer it for me?

Hope I didn't give you a complex or put a chip on your shoulder. 😉 😉
To be frank, I would've never considered you to be a wolf, but two things gave it away:
1) You tunneled me hard almost as soon as you subbed in, with very little reason;
2) You basically ignored when I asked why you were tunneling me so bad over like 3 days or so. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some choice quotes from my role PM. My wolf packs were all wrong lol
WildZoo PM notes said:Stroganoff - too sketchy to be wolf
How am I "too sketchy"? Also, @PippyPony, would appreciate a post-mortem on why you think I "manufacture sketch" or am "aggressive." 'Cuz obviously I flipped village PR, but I definitely squidged out 3-4 people this game.
I was always paranoid of being NK'd without revealing my tracker results, but I'm hardcore against role revealing in general. I only did it when I was up against the wall and about to be lynched, and I just so happened to have a positive result on Sporty. Win-win, so that's when I revealed.you can be the best wolf hunter in the world but that's no use to anybody if you're dead before you get the chance to use those skills.
I was always paranoid of being NK'd without revealing my tracker results, but I'm hardcore against role revealing in general. I only did it when I was up against the wall and about to be lynched, and I just so happened to have a positive result on Sporty. Win-win, so that's when I revealed.
Do you feel the need to go to a tracker conference for some ce now?
I'm always open to improving my creeping technique!Do you feel the need to go to a tracker conference for some ce now?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I can't remember what it was in particular that made me write that comment, and if you remember there was also a day where I started out lynching you and then was like "nah this feels wrong" and I think ended up lynching allie instead.How am I "too sketchy"? Also, @PippyPony, would appreciate a post-mortem on why you think I "manufacture sketch" or am "aggressive." 'Cuz obviously I flipped village PR, but I definitely squidged out 3-4 people this game.
Sketchy didn't necessarily mean hardcore wolfy. Just some of the things you did could be considered sketch - pockety comments, retaliation, role fishing, etc.
I know you've explained I think most of those behaviors and it's fine because villagers do them too. That's what I meant when I said you seemed sincere. It was a tone read - it felt like your motives were good and the lynch started to feel like low hanging fruit.
lmao @Lawper
I do like Sketchy McSketchballs.
Why did i Never acquire this nickname then? Or was it a Mel thing first?
Because I tend to use extremely simplified nicknames for everyone.Why did i Never acquire this nickname then? Or was it a Mel thing first?
Oh man.... this game could have been so much more if i knew what i know now
Because I tend to use extremely simplified nicknames for everyone.
How about SketchyMac? or McSketchy? Simple, yet refined. And you know its gonna be me vs Mel for most wolf-read award.

I'm very happy about how this game turned out.Oh man.... this game could have been so much more if i knew what i know now

My lucky tracker result of you helped finish off the wolves, but I only tracked you because you skeeved me out for no reason!
idk only the c is in common with your nameHow about SketchyMac? or McSketchy? Simple, yet refined. And you know its gonna be me vs Mel for most wolf-read award.![]()
idk only the c is in common with your name
what about the s and e
I rarely remember those letters. Rule of three and all that.what about the s and e
I rarely remember those letters. Rule of three and all that.
I have to say he's got you there. Lawpy defeats the AMy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
If there is one rule about nicknames it is that you don't get to pick yoursHow about SketchyMac? or McSketchy? Simple, yet refined. And you know its gonna be me vs Mel for most wolf-read award.![]()
If there is one rule about nicknames it is that you don't get to pick yours
The Lawpy sadly disapproves
If there is one rule about nicknames it is that you don't get to pick yours
But Strog came up with this for me
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
They have to happen ~organically~But Strog came up with this for me
If it doesn't stick it doesn't stick!
I was hydrated and have no recollection of doing thisBut Strog came up with this for me
edit: jk, I was sober and remember everything
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K
)