Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine (BUSPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received word that I have received an interview from Barry. Have an interview scheduled for August 17th in the morning. Super excited and I will keep you guys updated!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview was today and went well. If anyone has questions about interviewing there lmk!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview was today and went well. If anyone has questions about interviewing there lmk!
Hey AJ I didn't apply here but I was thinking about it if I don't hear back from Scholl soon. What was the format like for you interview and how did you prepare?

Hey AJ I didn't apply here but I was thinking about it if I don't hear back from Scholl soon. What was the format like for you interview and how did you prepare?
Format was a personal interview with three members of their faculty (one professor, one resident that went there, and their admission counselor Dave). It was an hour. Then from 12-3pm we had a group interview with three other students, as well as students who attend Barry to speak with us. Also had a few professor join in and show us the labs etc. Honestly just prepare for it like you have been preparing for your other interviews (Why podiatry? Why this bad grade? etc)

Format was a personal interview with three members of their faculty (one professor, one resident that went there, and their admission counselor Dave). It was an hour. Then from 12-3pm we had a group interview with three other students, as well as students who attend Barry to speak with us. Also had a few professor join in and show us the labs etc. Honestly just prepare for it like you have been preparing for your other interviews (Why podiatry? Why this bad grade? etc)
Hey AJ, I’ve got my interview tomorrow at Barry. Is it an open file interview? What is the format for the interview was it more conversational or a formal interview? Why kinda of questions did they ask? How did you feel it went? Overall any pointer or suggestions for the interview? Thanks!

Hey AJ, I’ve got my interview tomorrow at Barry. Is it an open file interview? What is the format for the interview was it more conversational or a formal interview? Why kinda of questions did they ask? How did you feel it went? Overall any pointer or suggestions for the interview? Thanks!
Yes it is an open file interview so be prepared to answer about anything.

It was formal, with each person asking me a few questions each. They allowed me time top answer as well as ask questions at the end.

They asked me questions like: Why podiatry? What happened with these grades? What was your shadowing experience like? What kind of specialty do you want to do? Why Barry? What makes you unique? Things of that sort.

The group interview was just brief questions from the Dean Dr. Caldwell who is a really nice man and made us applicants feel very comfortable.

I feel like it went okay. I hope that I was able to show them that I am unique and will be able to maturely handle their program.

Pointers: Dress nice (suit and tie or dress shirt and tie). Make sure the shirt and tie is ironed because the other applicants showed up with wrinkly clothes and I can not tell you how much the committee will notice those small things. Hair done up nicely, not bed head. If you typically are clean shaven, shave and have no stubble. If you wear a beard make sure it looks neat (obviously this is not relevant to females).

I suggest writing out a few questions you think they may ask, and write down how you think you would respond. This is good because it gives you an idea of how to answer. Do not answer directly from the page or make it sound scripted, but it helps to just think about how you want to phrase things (and it helps show them that you are articulate).

Ask questions at the end. Not a lot. Two or three GOOD questions will do (not questions where the answers are found on their website or that will be answered in the group interview).

Finally, talk to them like they are people. Ask them their favorite things about Barry. Ask them why they like Southeast Florida. That goes a long way and shows them that you are also human.

Hope I was able to help. Good luck, and maybe/hopefully we will be future classmates lol!

Yes it is an open file interview so be prepared to answer about anything.

It was formal, with each person asking me a few questions each. They allowed me time top answer as well as ask questions at the end.

They asked me questions like: Why podiatry? What happened with these grades? What was your shadowing experience like? What kind of specialty do you want to do? Why Barry? What makes you unique? Things of that sort.

The group interview was just brief questions from the Dean Dr. Caldwell who is a really nice man and made us applicants feel very comfortable.

I feel like it went okay. I hope that I was able to show them that I am unique and will be able to maturely handle their program.

Pointers: Dress nice (suit and tie or dress shirt and tie). Make sure the shirt and tie is ironed because the other applicants showed up with wrinkly clothes and I can not tell you how much the committee will notice those small things. Hair done up nicely, not bed head. If you typically are clean shaven, shave and have no stubble. If you wear a beard make sure it looks neat (obviously this is not relevant to females).

I suggest writing out a few questions you think they may ask, and write down how you think you would respond. This is good because it gives you an idea of how to answer. Do not answer directly from the page or make it sound scripted, but it helps to just think about how you want to phrase things (and it helps show them that you are articulate).

Ask questions at the end. Not a lot. Two or three GOOD questions will do (not questions where the answers are found on their website or that will be answered in the group interview).

Finally, talk to them like they are people. Ask them their favorite things about Barry. Ask them why they like Southeast Florida. That goes a long way and shows them that you are also human.

Hope I was able to help. Good luck, and maybe/hopefully we will be future classmates lol!
Thanks so much for the pointers! Is the interview a group interview or is it just you by yourself? I mean I’ve looked at the interview questions posted on SDN so hopefully I give them a good response. How long was it, they mentioned it was 40 minutes or so? I feel underprepared for the interview though I prepped all I could. Thanks again for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much for the pointers! Is the interview a group interview or is it just you by yourself? I mean I’ve looked at the interview questions posted on SDN so hopefully I give them a good response. How long was it, they mentioned it was 40 minutes or so? I feel underprepared for the interview though I prepped all I could. Thanks again for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!
The first interview is just you and the committee for an hour.

The second interview is 12-3pm EST and is a group with you and other applicants.

I felt nervous too, but once it started flowing I felt better. Be confident and kill it. Do not forget to smile! (just don't be creepy lol)

Good luck to both of you if you have questions about the school feel free to reach out

Does anyone know how long it takes between interviewing and getting an admissions decision?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it takes between interviewing and getting an admissions decision?
I was told about a week or two after when I did mine (last Monday on August 17th). Still haven't heard anything. Trying to be patient lol

The estimated cost of attendance at Barry seems very high, especially for year 4. Does anyone know if this estimate is accurate?

Members don't see this ad :)
The estimated cost of attendance at Barry seems very high, especially for year 4. Does anyone know if this estimate is accurate?
Depends on where you do your externships and how you control your cost of living. I'm sure some current pod students can help answer this question tho.

Depends on where you do your externships and how you control your cost of living. I'm sure some current pod students can help answer this question tho.
So the large thing is the cost of living in Miami on why it’s expensive. That very much is a cost you can control though. Here is how it all breaks down. I do know some people found roommates and pay $850-$950 a month rather than $1500 to live near downtown Miami

Has anyone received an admissions decision from Barry yet, I was told we’d hear back in a week or so?

Has anyone received an admissions decision from Barry yet, I was told we’d hear back in a week or so?
I was told about a week, and I interviewed last week on August 17th. Still have not heard back. I am just trying to be patient lol.

Got an email from Dave today saying that they are running behind due to the start of the new academic year. Should be another week he said.

Barry just started their online orientation for 1st years today so maybe that's why! Just try to be patient. It helps in long term :D

Barry just started their online orientation for 1st years today so maybe that's why! Just try to be patient. It helps in long term :D
Nah yeah I sort of anticipated that there would be a delay considering COVID and the start of classes for them so no biggie. Just super impatient lol

Nah yeah I sort of anticipated that there would be a delay considering COVID and the start of classes for them so no biggie. Just super impatient lol

When I was accepted, it took slightly more than two weeks. Everything will work out. I know you’re anxious and nervous but trust how things will work.

Received the call today....was accepted to Barry!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats...hopefully you'll consider staying in the US than Carrib :partyblob:
100% staying in the US. Barry was my top choice. I have acceptances from two of the "Big three" in the Caribbean, but even those are risky...

Reactions: 4 users
100% staying in the US. Barry was my top choice. I have acceptances from two of the "Big three" in the Caribbean, but even those are risky...

Glad to hear it. I have friends from the top 3 who are still waiting to match...even tho they passed everything on the first try...its a gamble even attending SGU...no point wasting time and money for all those years then suddenly nothing to show for if one exam doesn't go well...or if u get sick...or if there is a hurricane..lol the list goes on. I have said this in the past...but if it wasn't Pod then I would gladly do nursing or pa in the US than try for MD in the Carib.

Barry is a good school..study hard and you will succeed.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted on 9/1 after interviewing on 8/25 with a scholarship offer as well! But I still have 4 more interviews so no decision will be made yet.

Reactions: 5 users
Was also accepted to Barry today with scholarship. Interviewed Sept 1, decision sept 4th! Still waiting to Interview other places

Hey everyone! I just got an Interview for Barry and Temple. Still waiting to hear from the others. Barry is my top choice and my interview is the 21st, I really hope they accept me!

Great job everyone!

Interviewed on 9/8 and accepted on 9/11. 506 MCAT 3.22cGPA and 3.4 sGPA

Interviewed 9/8 accepted today 9/11 with scholarship

How was the interview? Anything I should know in particular?

How was the interview? Anything I should know in particular?
By far my favorite interview. I really enjoyed speaking with the two DPMs I interviewed with. SDN is the best for prepping and after that just practice a bit and then try your best. The group session is kinda long but after interviewing at other schools I’m really glad it was done. You’ll do great dw!

Did you have web interview or in person interview?

Did you have web interview or in person interview?
They are going to be online. I haven't done my yet but that's what they said according to their email.

They are going to be online. I haven't done my yet but that's what they said according to their email.
For the web interview, is it going to be just one person or 3 people interviewing us?

For the web interview, is it going to be just one person or 3 people interviewing us?
Good question. Maybe someone who has already interviewed can answer but according to their email for my interview, Dave said there will be staff/faculty present.

My interview is this coming Sep 15th. I received an email this evening to complete insight resume answers.

Good question. Maybe someone who has already interviewed can answer but according to their email for my interview, Dave said there will be staff/faculty present.
Yes there are 3 people that interview you. A resident physician, a faculty DPM and the admission director

It'll be a virtual interview. Dress nice and look clean/groomed. Dave and the faculty are very nice and welcoming. Prepare and review some material. Most question examples you see on SDN are the exact questions they ask. Speak articulately and ask good questions (not questions that can easily be found on their website) good luck!

I just hope that I have a solid interview, I really love Barry. You think if I have a good interview ill get in?

I just hope that I have a solid interview, I really love Barry. You think if I have a good interview ill get in?
Yeah, you wouldn't be getting an interview invite if they didn't like your stats

Just had my interview this morning, hoping to hear back soon!

How long did it take for them to reach out after having your AACPMAS verified?
So my application was verified the 4th of this month. Barry actually reached out the same day, Temple sent me an invitation a week after, and Kent State just sent me one today. So I guess anytime within three weeks, hope this helps!