Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine (BUSPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I was verified today and got an interview invite! How did you find the interview to be like?
Congrats! It was very chill, mine lasted about 30min. 3 people interviewed me: A 3rd year podiatry student, A podiatrist (who was super cool), and Dave Fletcher. Dave and the podiatrist really made me feel at home and comfortable. I was very nervous at first but the flow of the interview helped out. If they accept me that is 100% where i would go

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
100% staying in the US. Barry was my top choice. I have acceptances from two of the "Big three" in the Caribbean, but even those are risky...
Got accepted to Barry today!! It is my top choice too. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Reactions: 3 users
The first interview is just you and the committee for an hour.

The second interview is 12-3pm EST and is a group with you and other applicants.

I felt nervous too, but once it started flowing I felt better. Be confident and kill it. Do not forget to smile! (just don't be creepy lol)
What were some of the questions they asked in the group?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can they notify you on the weekends to tell you if you got accepted?

Can someone either confirm or deny the bad accusations at Barry? If I got accepted I would want to go there, but after reading these forums, I am very iffy on if that would be a bad decision.

Can someone either confirm or deny the bad accusations at Barry? If I got accepted I would want to go there, but after reading these forums, I am very iffy on if that would be a bad decision.

Could you please elaborate the "bad accusations"?

What is important to remember is that at any school, you will still be called a doctor when you are finished. Work hard and things will fall in line. I was in your shoes a few months ago, and was advised to not make life decisions based off of what I read on here. If you like Barry and are dead set on it, go there. I am confident that you will get the proper education to be a podiatrist at any of the 9 schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Worked with a solid 3rd year resident who graduated from Barry.

Super knowledgeable, always teaching, confident surgical skills.

Doesn't matter what school you go to in the long run -if you as an individual work hard and take advantage of every learning opportunity.

Can they notify you on the weekends to tell you if you got accepted?
Hasn't happened to me yet but I did get a phone call outside of regular business hours when I found out i got into Barry.

Barry Denied me post interview, Im in complete disbelief. sGPA 3.4 cGPA 3.1 MCAT 488. I know my MCAT is not high, but I. thought my high A's in very difficult courses and upward trend in GPA as well as a good interview was enough to get in. I hope either Kent State, NYPCM, or Temple will accept me.

Could you please elaborate the "bad accusations"?
Yes! I have read about low graduation rates and the professors being difficult to where they would rather see you fail. Another thing I read is how there is very few resources for students that are struggling or need that extra help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Barry Denied me post interview, Im in complete disbelief. sGPA 3.4 cGPA 3.1 MCAT 488. I know my MCAT is not high, but I. thought my high A's in very difficult courses and upward trend in GPA as well as a good interview was enough to get in. I hope either Kent State, NYPCM, or Temple will accept me.
I'm sorry to hear that, but keep your head up. I too find that hard to believe. My GPAs were lower but I had a higher MCAT when I was accepted to Barry. What were your ECs?

Temple rejected me without an interview because of an MCAT screen I believe.

I have heard of people being accepted to other schools with an MCAT similar to yours.

My advice would be to study hard, retake and get a higher score. I'm sure even 3-5 points higher would get you in. I got in to Kent State with GPAs lower than you so you may be okay in that aspect. I have an interview with NYCPM on October 22 so I can not really speak for them.

Keep your head up, because no one ever said that the journey to medical school would be easy. Keep working hard and keep grinding.

Last edited by a moderator:

you should plan on retaking the MCAT. I'm not sure if NYCPM is accepting the MCAT as of now but it'll be a no from Temple as well; don't know about Kent.
But regardless, you can improve a lot from a 488 if you put in the time.

Barry Denied me post interview, Im in complete disbelief. sGPA 3.4 cGPA 3.1 MCAT 488.

Not hard to believe at all.

Someone could go in with no prep and score what you scored.

Your ability to study and pass a standardized exam will be crucial for future board exams.
They would be doing you a disservice if they accepted you knowing you may not pass boards.

Just received a phone call from Dave, and got an acceptance! With the 10k scholarship!

Reactions: 7 users
How long did it take for them to reach out after having your AACPMAS verified?

for me case taken 2 days by Barry, Temple at first day

495 MCAT, 3.1 GPA, 2.5 sGPA

Interviewed on 7/28
Accepted on 10/6 :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Interview 10/13. Received acceptance 10/16. Yay!

If you don’t mind, what were your stats?
Also, did you get a call?

Yes I received a call around 7:45pm.

My MCAT was really low. I had a 487. cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5. I also have a Master’s in Public Health (3.5 GPA).

Interviewed in 09/07, got my call at 09/09....
cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0, MCAT 491

Anyone attending Barry this coming fall ?

I met Dr.Snyder during my interview at Barry back in 2017; a great person & one of the most influential leaders in our field.
I hope his new appointment brings good things to the Barry Pod program.

Has anyone applied later on in the cycle? If you did, how long did it take you to hear back?

My fiancé doesn’t have an account on here so I’m posting this for him lol. He applied to Barry about 2-3 weeks ago, interviewed last Tuesday, and was accepted yesterday morning.

Just interviewed with Barry yesterday. I think it went well. I was told a week ago they were still looking at applications to fill about 9 seats... so I applied asap after talking to Dave.

My fiancé doesn’t have an account on here so I’m posting this for him lol. He applied to Barry about 2-3 weeks ago, interviewed last Tuesday, and was accepted yesterday morning.
That is super awesome congratulations to him! May I ask what his stats and ECs were?