Best job during a gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCraig

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think Pharmacy technician (at least national certification) has or is moving to requiring a course to become nationally certified. You might be able to get into Walgreens/CVS before that happens and they will pay for your exam. Pharmacy tech is a boring job though (please do not grill me folks, I have worked as one).

Most to least useful: Research/lab assistant, CNA, pharmacy tech. I would go with whatever pays best.

Reactions: 1 user
If your EC's are already in good shape, then go get any kind of job you want...it doesn't have to be medically related. Have fun, go be a bartender or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol my ECs are decent, and I'm volunteering anywhere between 10-15 hours a week! :)
I am just so miserable working as a certified nursing assistant. I want to put my certification to use, but maybe in a hospital setting
As someone who frequents nursing homes in my line of work, I do not blame you one bit :(

Lol my ECs are decent, and I'm volunteering anywhere between 10-15 hours a week! :)
I am just so miserable working as a certified nursing assistant. I want to put my certification to use, but maybe in a hospital setting
If you can get a research gig, go for it. Not because it's a deal breaker to have for medical school, but it could give you a leg up when you get in if you're looking to do more research in med school.

Look into being an ER Tech. My hospital didn't require any certification, but many hospitals have requirements of EMT or CNA. Pay isn't terrible (pay ranged from 12-14/hr here), and it can't be worse than being in a nursing home!