You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Board Certification in Psychiatry
Started by Anasazi23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think it’s a little lower than that to pass.Is passing usually equal to getting 70% of the questions correct?
That's approximately what you need. But they take 10-12 weeks to (I'm guessing) prune bad questions etc. and who knows what. This scares me a little --> what if the questions they purge are the ones I got right!? 😢 Lol I hate how we are all gonna stress about this until December.Is passing usually equal to getting 70% of the questions correct?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are the vignettes scored. If you miss one q, do you really get the entire set wrong? Test was unreasonably difficult today. Something was clearly wrong with the test today compared to years prior. Anyone else feel that way?
Per the instructions I read, for the pick 2 answer questions, if you get 1 wrong, you get both wrong. No partial credit.How are the vignettes scored. If you miss one q, do you really get the entire set wrong? Test was unreasonably difficult today. Something was clearly wrong with the test today compared to years prior. Anyone else feel that way?
And yeah, the test did seem hard. It felt like PRITE in that no matter how or what I studied, I don't think I could've done any better? It's like a hopeless feeling. The content that was tested seemed way too random (except some usual baseline stuff). I'm not sure how or where I would pick up the information that was tested. The consensus seems like it was very difficult this year.
People say this about every test ever. I remember it after Step 1, 2, 3, adult, child... etc. Actually wait I lied, no one cared about step 3 lol.How are the vignettes scored. If you miss one q, do you really get the entire set wrong? Test was unreasonably difficult today. Something was clearly wrong with the test today compared to years prior. Anyone else feel that way?
That's approximately what you need. But they take 10-12 weeks to (I'm guessing) prune bad questions etc. and who knows what. This scares me a little --> what if the questions they purge are the ones I got right!? 😢 Lol I hate how we are all gonna stress about this until December.
You're not going to stress about this until December because it really has no direct effect on your life (unlike say step 1). You've got this!
They did revamp it this year for TR. woooo!People say this about every test ever. I remember it after Step 1, 2, 3, adult, child... etc. Actually wait I lied, no one cared about step 3 lol.
You're not going to stress about this until December because it really has no direct effect on your life (unlike say step 1). You've got this!
Ah good times. Wonder what it says about me that I didn't even notice!They did revamp it this year for TR. woooo!
When is the expected date of results?
The ABPN post exam email said it should be posted on the portal "no later" than this Wednesday 12/4. Hopefully that's accurate. I just got an email this morning from BoardsVitals that I mistakenly thought was a notification that results were posted haha
Are all y’all refreshing the portal?
Cause it’s running real slow and erroring out today.
Makes me reallll nervous
Cause it’s running real slow and erroring out today.
Makes me reallll nervous
A colleague of mine got an email. I had not gotten any kind of notification. They said the website was basically down and nothing was posted yet. Here's hoping the results drop soon! cheers
I did not get an email either. BlehA colleague of mine got an email. I had not gotten any kind of notification. They said the website was basically down and nothing was posted yet. Here's hoping the results drop soon! cheers
Does anyone have available applications on physician portal? I mean are you able to apply for any exams there? Wanted to check if it is letting you apply for any exam or not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Logged into my portal this morning. No results.
What makes you say that?Looks like it will be tomorrow….
Cause it’s so late in the day and the website is still screaming I assumeWhat makes you say that?
IVE. ALLOWED. THE. 12. WEEKS
Does anyone have available applications on physician portal? I mean are you able to apply for any exams there? Wanted to check if it is letting you apply for any exam or not?
Since last week, physician portal is giving me the option to apply for board exams for pain and sleep medicine board cert exams. But I never did those fellowships. Does that mean, I am failing? Because I did not see those application options around results of my previous board exams, which I passed. I am also seeing that the applications are available for Geri psych, Addiction psych and C/L psych boards, but for these three boards I am not getting any options to apply. I am not seeing any child psych board applications though.
This has been a topic of discussion almost every year. It does not mean anything based on previous years. People who have those applications available passed and also failed and the same for those who did not have those applications not available. Probably it’s just an indication that you will get your results soon. Just one more night….
Since last week, physician portal is giving me the option to apply for board exams for pain and sleep medicine board cert exams. But I never did those fellowships. Does that mean, I am failing? Because I did not see those application options around results of my previous board exams, which I passed. I am also seeing that the applications are available for Geri psych, Addiction psych and C/L psych boards, but for these three boards I am not getting any options to apply. I am not seeing any child psych board applications though.
This screen?
Maybe it means you passed and we didn’t?
yes-- I am also seeing this in my portal in addition to the other options I mentioned seeing.
Jfc how are they so slow with this. Atleast 12 weeks is gross for a computerized test that costs so much to take. Really hoping it's out soon because I'd forgotten about it and want to know soon now that I remembered 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1,858 individuals matched into psychiatry in 2020, if we assume they all made it through to take their boards in 2024 at $1945 a pop...that gives us:
Surely $4.3 million can't afford a server capable of handling so many requests. SDN costs tens of millions, after all, with only a sliver of that going to Lee1,858 individuals matched into psychiatry in 2020, if we assume they all made it through to take their boards in 2024 at $1945 a pop...that gives us:
View attachment 395862
I don’t think we can say that yet.Looks like not today also
What an absolute joke
It'll probably be like my COMLEX scores, literally the last minute of the last business day they could be releasedLooks like not today also
The aggregated anxiety from all us high-strung psychiatrists has lead to an unintentional DDOS attack against the ABPN.
Thousands of psychiatrists logging in and refreshing the page has completely destroyed their server 🤣
Thousands of psychiatrists logging in and refreshing the page has completely destroyed their server 🤣
Maybe there was a better way to handle the release of scores, I guess we will never know 🤣The aggregated anxiety from all us high-strung psychiatrists has lead to an unintentional DDOS attack against the ABPN.
Thousands of psychiatrists logging in and refreshing the page has completely destroyed their server 🤣
Maybe they’ve been trying to get the scores up but our neuroticism was using too much serve bandwidth they decided to take it away and when it comes back it’ll have scores…. Maybe?The aggregated anxiety from all us high-strung psychiatrists has lead to an unintentional DDOS attack against the ABPN.
Thousands of psychiatrists logging in and refreshing the page has completely destroyed their server 🤣
I wish they would just email us our scores directly - completely bypassing this stupid 'portal' and completely avoidable problem. Maybe post it to the portal a day or two after just to keep it moving.
Now not just the physician portal is down but the whole ABPN website.
I’m proud of us. We bullied them into taking their site offline.
I’m proud of us. We bullied them into taking their site offline.
I will keep trying to open the website just to keep up with the bullying!
Website no longer 504. By the physician portal still “undergoing maintenance”
Booo
Booo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want my money backLosing hope that results will be available today
I'm not even expecting that. They certainly could have sent out an email before this point with a notification of the site being down...but no.I'm not expecting anything except platitudes at this point.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 480
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 678