You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Board Certification in Psychiatry
Started by Anasazi23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh, why even bother to give a date if it's not going to be honored?? I'm not the most tech savvy person, but from my limited understanding of how things work, scores could have been input the day prior, with an update to the website pushed the day of. I would have thought that they would have had some system like that in place.Reddit and FB psych chat have some conflicting comments about scores being released today vs delays due to website being down and scores possibly being delayed until the end of the week (people called ABPN apparently)
averagestudent09
New Member
Results have traditionally come as late as 8pm EST in the past years. It’s not over until it’s over!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wasn’t it supposed to be today? At this point they should just pass everyone just for the inconvenience…Website is back up but no results
Last edited:
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
They’re going to check who has neurotically reloaded the site for the last 3 days and then fail us all
If everyone did it might work. They don't care.All ~[emoji2390]000 of us should email ABPN requesting a refund lol
Absolutely ridiculous. At this point it's just cruel.
I think it's going to be tomorrow AM. Last year it was Thursday in the AM, from what I am seeing in the thread.Wasn’t it supposed to be today? At this point they should just pass everyone just for the inconvenience…
Maybe my annual renewal money will go towards improved server reliability
I appreciate you for being able to even sarcastically suggest that.Maybe my annual renewal money will go towards improved server reliability
Was able to login at 3am.
No exam results.
No exam results.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I am seeing.
Attachments
-
Screenshot_20241205_040243_Samsung Internet.jpg150.3 KB · Views: 120 -
Screenshot_20241205_040253_Samsung Internet.jpg60.7 KB · Views: 130 -
Screenshot_20241205_040259_Samsung Internet.jpg58.1 KB · Views: 146 -
Screenshot_20241205_040305_Samsung Internet.jpg59.4 KB · Views: 128 -
Screenshot_20241205_040311_Samsung Internet.jpg60.3 KB · Views: 106 -
Screenshot_20241205_040317_Samsung Internet.jpg56.4 KB · Views: 115
One of my colleagues emailed them. Here was the response.
me just realizing the email says by the end of next week not the end of this week
They only gave themselves a generous self-imposed deadline of 12 weeks. There really was no way of knowing they would need additional time, it's not like they have to score these tests and release the results every year!me just realizing the email says by the end of next week not the end of this week
![]()
Someone in peds took their exam after us and has had their score for a month lolIf I recall correctly, family medicine gets their results within a week or two of taking the exam and here we are waiting more than three months past the promise date with no results. Wish I had the power to fire everyone in the ABPN.
The power is in the hands of an MBA graduate and we are waiting for her to release our grades..If I recall correctly, family medicine gets their results within a week or two of taking the exam and here we are waiting more than three months past the promise date with no results. Wish I had the power to fire everyone in the ABPN.
By the end of NEXT WEEKView attachment 395947
One of my colleagues emailed them. Here was the response.
Well, all of psychiatry is fake and subjective so they need to make sure every question is actually right or wrong based on the moods of those involved and the current position of the starsIf I recall correctly, family medicine gets their results within a week or two of taking the exam and here we are waiting more than three months past the promise date with no results. Wish I had the power to fire everyone in the ABPN.
The audacity of these people. ABPN needs to be held accountable. I wasn’t even that concerned about the exam until I found out my scores were supposed to be released yesterday. And their response? “We didn’t get it yesterday, but maybe next week.”
How is that acceptable?
Why do we tolerate an organization like ABPN, which can’t even commit to its own deadlines, to have so much power over us?
Do they realize they are as fake as money? Aka, they are a construct because we believe in them and those stupid questions validate us as psychiatrist and we could just decide not to believe in them and not pay them and they would literally cease to exist?
I’m so triggered!
How is that acceptable?
Why do we tolerate an organization like ABPN, which can’t even commit to its own deadlines, to have so much power over us?
Do they realize they are as fake as money? Aka, they are a construct because we believe in them and those stupid questions validate us as psychiatrist and we could just decide not to believe in them and not pay them and they would literally cease to exist?
I’m so triggered!
In reply to their email (thank you to whoever reached out to them!).... you know what would actually save us some anxiety??!?? Releasing the results when you say you will release them!!!
This thread has totally saved me for the past 24 hrs, so thank you. ❤️
This thread has totally saved me for the past 24 hrs, so thank you. ❤️
75% of the Neuro questions don't make any sense. I understand we need to have a great understanding of the organic psychiatry/Neurobiology but we don't need to know all the **** they are asking in the Exams. Same with the developmental theories. It is good to have some decent idea about the basic concepts of history but we don't need to be experts in everything that we don't even use in our daily practice. The focus should be on psychopharmacology, Neurobiology, DSM. But the test has more than 50% of crap which has no significant role in our lives or does not help with improving your patient care.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And there were so many obscure therapy questions, like making you choose between cognitive therapy vs behavioral therapy, aren't they the same??75% of the Neuro questions don't make any sense. I understand we need to have a great understanding of the organic psychiatry/Neurobiology but we don't need to know all the **** they are asking in the Exams. Same with the developmental theories. It is good to have some decent idea about the basic concepts of history but we don't need to be experts in everything that we don't even use in our daily practice. The focus should be on psychopharmacology, Neurobiology, DSM. But the test has more than 50% of crap which has no significant role in our lives or does not help with improving your patient care.
Maybe I should have cut off her contact infoI’ll be sending her a nasty email soon
But eh
What frustrates me is they did not bother shooting us emails to say the exact same thing, when they did not hold to their own made up deadline.
Why are they only responding to people who email? Post it on your stupid website! Shoot me an email! Helloooooooo
Why are they only responding to people who email? Post it on your stupid website! Shoot me an email! Helloooooooo
The therapy questions were totally bizarre and arbitrary. Very reductionist too with respect to all of the defenses.And there were so many obscure therapy questions, like making you choose between cognitive therapy vs behavioral therapy, aren't they the same??
Bite me, AmyAnother update from abpn
Got the same emailAnother update from abpn
I’m sure it means by next FridayWhat does by next week mean? Monday or by next Friday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not even that anxious about my score... I'm just pissed that they can take 12 weeks to score an electronic test and still somehow screw it up after giving themselves so much time.
I bet they're all going to pat themselves on the back and sign off on each other's fat bonuses coming up.
What a crock.
I bet they're all going to pat themselves on the back and sign off on each other's fat bonuses coming up.
What a crock.
I’m seeing that too. Not sure if it’s a good sign or a bad sign…Now, it's showing I have all the subspecialty applications available. Is it available for everyone?
I agree but I believe it has nothing to do based on the previous conversations in this forum. Still can’t stop the curiosity to know what does this mean… and why they show up to some people and not for some and creates confusion…The fact that a few people have the subspecialty applications popping up for them is doing nothing for our collective anxiety lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 477
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 678