Program-Specific Info / Q's Brenau University MSOT Norcross Weekend 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabeot12

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

This is my first time joining any kind of forum so I'm unsure as to how everything works... but I interviewed with Brenau University back in June for their MSOT weekend program in Norcross (start: Jan 2017) and was told I should be hearing back in August on whether or not I was accepted. I was wondering if anyone else interviewed and has heard anything?? The waiting game is driving me crazy!!! I also was wondering what my chances of being accepted are... here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 3.52
Prereq GPA: 4.0
30-40 observation hours (give or take) in pediatric outpatient, older adult inpatient, and hippotherapy
Job: Interactive Metronome Therapist at a private practice which includes OT, PT, Speech, Psychotherapy, Neurofeedback Therapy, and Psychological testing. I work closely with OTs since we share multiple patients. I have my own caseload of both kids and adults.

I think my interview went well but who knows at this point lol.

Any advice from anyone??
 
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion? What was the topic?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion?

I have been invited for an interview on Nov 14th for the norcross campus🙂 I found information about the interview process attached.
 

Attachments

  • Brenau interview.png
    Brenau interview.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion? What was the topic?
Have you heard anything back yet? Or do you know when we will? I interviewed mid-october.
 
I interviewed in November for the MSOT program and received an email with an acceptance to the May 2017 cohort today! Best of luck to you all!
 
Last edited:
I received a notification stating I am put on the wait list! Are the both of you attending? Just curious, when do you have to notify them by??

I'm not 100% sure since I'm still waiting on a couple schools. They want to know by the end of next week! Is it your first choice?
 
I'm not 100% sure since I'm still waiting on a couple schools. They want to know by the end of next week! Is it your first choice?

Yes! Its the only school I applied to. It is my first time applying, and I live right by Brenau so i'm hoping to go there so I can live at home!
 
Has anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?? Im curious as to when they will start notifying people on the waitlist when they get accepted??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone apply to Brenau University Gainesville Day August Start for the Fall 2017 start? Or gotten interviews? Rejections?
 
If you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA and stats?

No they didn't tell me what number I was nor did I ask, they just said there has been movement on the waiting list.

My stats:
Major: Psychology & Health and Wellness
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: not needed

Extra-Curric: student athlete.
Volunteer: 200+ hours at acute, inpatient, and outpatient.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No they didn't tell me what number I was nor did I ask, they just said there has been movement on the waiting list.

My stats:
Major: Psychology & Health and Wellness
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: not needed

Extra-Curric: student athlete.
Volunteer: 200+ hours at acute, inpatient, and outpatient.
Well congrats to you! That is awesome!
 
Can any current students give me some more insight on the Brenau-Norcross program. Im trying to decide between two schools and I want to know how people are liking the program and if they feel they are getting a proper education and support from faculty. How are your fieldwork placements?

Thanks!