Program-Specific Info / Q's Brenau University MSOT Norcross Weekend 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeot12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first time joining any kind of forum so I'm unsure as to how everything works... but I interviewed with Brenau University back in June for their MSOT weekend program in Norcross (start: Jan 2017) and was told I should be hearing back in August on whether or not I was accepted. I was wondering if anyone else interviewed and has heard anything?? The waiting game is driving me crazy!!! I also was wondering what my chances of being accepted are... here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 3.52
Prereq GPA: 4.0
30-40 observation hours (give or take) in pediatric outpatient, older adult inpatient, and hippotherapy
Job: Interactive Metronome Therapist at a private practice which includes OT, PT, Speech, Psychotherapy, Neurofeedback Therapy, and Psychological testing. I work closely with OTs since we share multiple patients. I have my own caseload of both kids and adults.

I think my interview went well but who knows at this point lol.

Any advice from anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

Recently got accepted to this cohort! Is there a Facebook page?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion? What was the topic?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion?

I have been invited for an interview on Nov 14th for the norcross campus:) I found information about the interview process attached.

Attachments

• Brenau interview.png
    Brenau interview.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hello! I just received an interview for the MSOT weekday program at Brenau University that starts in May of 2017. What was the interview like for you? What about the writing portion? What was the topic?
Have you heard anything back yet? Or do you know when we will? I interviewed mid-october.

I interviewed in November for the MSOT program and received an email with an acceptance to the May 2017 cohort today! Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
I interviewed in November for the MSOT program and received an email with an acceptance to the May 2017 cohort today! Best of luck to you all!

I also received an acceptance today! Do you know if you will be attending?

I received a notification stating I am put on the wait list! Are the both of you attending? Just curious, when do you have to notify them by??

I received a notification stating I am put on the wait list! Are the both of you attending? Just curious, when do you have to notify them by??

I'm not 100% sure since I'm still waiting on a couple schools. They want to know by the end of next week! Is it your first choice?

I'm not 100% sure since I'm still waiting on a couple schools. They want to know by the end of next week! Is it your first choice?

Yes! Its the only school I applied to. It is my first time applying, and I live right by Brenau so i'm hoping to go there so I can live at home!

I also received an acceptance today! Do you know if you will be attending?
I'm not sure yet I'm waiting on another school to let me know if I've been accepted. I should know by next week.

I was also put on the waiting list! It sucks because this was also one of my top schools! Still hoping for the best.

I just got into my first choice school and sent an email to Nancy to decline my seat. Hopefully you all will hear good news soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you all feel about the cost of the program?

Has anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?? Im curious as to when they will start notifying people on the waitlist when they get accepted??

I just got into my first choice school and sent an email to Nancy to decline my seat. Hopefully you all will hear good news soon. Good luck!
Congrats to you!!

Has anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?? Im curious as to when they will start notifying people on the waitlist when they get accepted??
Haven't heard anything yet, but they told us any time until April , so once again it's a waiting game.

I wonder when they will notify waitlist spots??

Sooooo excited! Brenau just emailed me this morning and told me I got in off the waiting list!!!

That's awesome, congrats!! I put down a deposit last month. Do you plan on attending?
Most likely I will be attending, still waiting to hear from a couple of other schools but since Brenau is a top choice for me, I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Most likely I will be attending, still waiting to hear from a couple of other schools but since Brenau is a top choice for me, I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Yeah I'm in the same position! Are you from GA?

Did anyone apply to Brenau University Gainesville Day August Start for the Fall 2017 start? Or gotten interviews? Rejections?

If you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA and stats?

No they didn't tell me what number I was nor did I ask, they just said there has been movement on the waiting list.

My stats:
Major: Psychology & Health and Wellness
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: not needed

Extra-Curric: student athlete.
Volunteer: 200+ hours at acute, inpatient, and outpatient.

No they didn't tell me what number I was nor did I ask, they just said there has been movement on the waiting list.

My stats:
Major: Psychology & Health and Wellness
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: not needed

Extra-Curric: student athlete.
Volunteer: 200+ hours at acute, inpatient, and outpatient.
Well congrats to you! That is awesome!

Can any current students give me some more insight on the Brenau-Norcross program. Im trying to decide between two schools and I want to know how people are liking the program and if they feel they are getting a proper education and support from faculty. How are your fieldwork placements?

Thanks!