California Applicants DPT 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you email Ashley saying that you won't be able to make it to the Fresno interview?
Yep, I had to notify Fresno whether or not I was going to attend the interview before the end of December, if not then they’d ask another applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to their DPT informational session and apparently, they rank you according to your GPA and GRE scores. They do NOT look at the other requirements.
Did you hear from CSUN yet?

If anyone is like me and hasn’t received an email from CSULB yet. They are sending out emails through out the entire week.
Have you heard anything from CSULB yet? I'm starting to get the feeling I didn't make it...

Have you heard anything from CSULB yet? I'm starting to get the feeling I didn't make it...

Nope don’t lose hope because it seems like they sent out majority of the waitlist emails only over the last few days. Everyone I talked to received a waitlist email only.

Last edited:
I think tomorrow is the last day CSUN said they would let us know. It is pretty much letting us know if we are on the waitlist or not since they have given out acceptances already

stress. levels. through. the. roof.

Nope don’t lose hope because it seems like they are sending out majority of the waitlist emails. Everyone I talked to received a waitlist email.
Thanks for the update! Fingers could not be crossed any more at this point.

Anyone else still waiting on a admissions decision from CSUN?

Anyone else still waiting on a admissions decision from CSUN?

Yup I am. Today is the day they said they will let us know. Pretty sure it is just to tell us if we are rejected or on the waitlist since acceptances were given out already

Just got accepted into Loma Linda University today for anyone who is waiting to hear back from them. Just keep checking your emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting for csun’s email?

I know it’s 3pm now and I still haven’t received anything.
Last year I didn't get an email until close to 6 pm. ( this is my second time around )The wait is excruciating!
I feel like they send the email close to the office closing time so they dont have to deal with concerned student's phone calls.

Last year I didn't get an email until close to 6 pm. ( this is my second time around )The wait is excruciating!
I feel like they send the email close to the office closing time so they dont have to deal with concerned student's phone calls.

I was thinking the same thing. I just want the wait to be over, it is definitely excruciating. Can’t agree with you more

I was thinking the same thing. I just want the wait to be over, it is definitely excruciating. Can’t agree with you more
it's really unacceptable. they were students once, they dont know how it feels to be waiting? not ok.

I received an email from CSUN with my waitlist # as well! I got my email at 6:30pm

University: CSU CHICO
Major: Exercie Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.963
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9

Volunteer: 50 hours in outpatient orthopedic and 55 hours in patient hospital

Applied (submitted apps in July): Western U, Chapman, Puget Sound, CSULB, SDSU, Florida International University, CSU Fresno, CSU Sac, UOP, and Northern Arizona University

Acceptances: WesternU
Waitlisted: N/A
Rejections
: N/A
Interviews: Western U (accepted), NAU, Fresno State, UOP & Sac State

Applied (submitted apps in July): Western U, Chapman, Puget Sound, CSULB, SDSU, Florida International University, CSU Fresno, CSU Sac, UOP, and Northern Arizona University

Rejections

Congrats on your acceptance to Western! How long did it take from your interview date until you heard back?

Update*** Chapman sent out fall acceptances 1/19

University: South Carolina State University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155V 158Q 3.5 AW

1400 hours in 2 clinical settings

Applied to: CSUN, CSULB, WEST COAST UNIVERSITY, CHAPMAN

Waitlist: CSULB 1/15/2018, CSUN #28 1/19
Interview: West Coast University (TBD)
Rejection: N/A
Accepted: Chapman, Fall 2018 1/19

Congrats on the acceptance, knew it was just a matter of time! Great program from what I have heard from others.

Congrats to you!! I applied for both Summer and Fall and haven’t heard back yet. Last thing I heard from them was an email in early January that applications are under review :( Has anyone received a rejection or waitlist email from them? Trying to still stay hopeful

Congrats to you!! I applied for both Summer and Fall and haven’t heard back yet. Last thing I heard from them was an email in early January that applications are under review :( Has anyone received a rejection or waitlist email from them? Trying to still stay hopeful
I applied to Fall 2018 and haven’t heard back either!

Still waiting for Chapman. Applied Fall and Summer.

Reactions: 1 users
What are your stats is you don’t mind me asking?
Sure thing! :)

University: San Diego State University
Major: Kinesiology Pre-Physical Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
GRE: 149 Verbal, 151 Quant, 4.0 AWA
Observation hours: 1600 outpatient ortho, 20 acute care

Certifications: BLS and Adult, Child, and Infant CPR & AED

Extra-Curricular: Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Miracle Babies' Ambassador, Numerous community service events, Physical Therapy Aide, Physical therapy outpatient/inpatient volunteer, Feeding food to homeless in downtown SD, Student volunteer at SDSU Adaptive Fitness Clinic, Dean's List 4 semesters

Applied: CSUN, CSULB, Fresno, Sac State, Western U, West Coast, Chapman (both Summer and Fall), Mount st. Mary's, NAU, UNLV, Rocky Mountain University, Gannon University Erie, Gannon University Ruskin, University of Miami, Drexel University, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Brenau University, Dominican College of Blauvelt, University of New England

Interviews: University of New England (11/3 - Declined), Drexel (11/17), Dominican College of Blauvelt (12/5 - Declined), Gannon University Ruskin (1/13 - Declined), Rocky Mountain University (1/13 - Declined), University of Miami (1/19 - Declined), Brenau University (1/19 - Declined), West Coast (1/26 - Declined), Fresno (1/27), Sac State (2/3), Western U (2/7 - Declined),

Waitlist: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (11/6), Drexel (12/15), CSULB (1/15 - High tier), CSUN (1/19)

Acceptances: Gannon University Erie (1/8), Chapman University - Summer (1/10):soexcited:

Rejections: NAU (12/13)

Reactions: 1 user
*FINAL UPDATE AND ATTENDING*

University
: California State University, Long Beach
Major: BS in Kinesiology: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: 3.76
GRE: 156 Q, 149 V, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Southern California Special Olympics Volunteer, Orange County Food Bank Volunteer

Observation: Aide at Outpatient Facility (Adult Day Health Care, Child Development Program, Aquatics): 1780 hours, Aide at Private Outpatient Clinic: 230 hours, Volunteer at Skilled Nursing Facility: 150 hours

LOR: 1 outpatient physical therapist, 1 inpatient physical therapist, 1 major professor

Applied: Chapman, WesternU, CSULB, CSUN, CSU Fresno, CSU Sacramento, UNLV, NAU, Rocky Mountain, Regis, Mount St. Mary’s
Acceptances: Mount St. Mary’s (12/12), Chapman-Summer (1/5), Rocky Mountain (2/5), CSUN (4/6)
Interviews: Rocky Mountain (12/1), WesternU (1/18- declined), UNLV (1/19- declined), Regis (1/26- declined), NAU (1/26- declined), CSU Fresno (1/27- declined), CSU Sacramento (2/3- declined)
Waitlist: Rocky Mountain (12/5), CSULB- High Tier (1/15), CSUN #51 (1/19)
Rejections: N/A

ATTENDING:
Chapman University- Summer

Last edited:
***UPDATED STATS***

University
: California State University San Marcos
Major: BS in Kinesiology (Pre-PT)
Overall GPA: 3.78
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75-3.85
GRE: 153 Q, 147 V, 3.5 AW

Extra-Curric: San Diego Food Bank Volunteer, Kinesiology Club Philanthropy chair, Disabled Student Services note taker, Campus Recreation Student Assistant (3yrs)

Observation: 4 settings: 1550 orthopedic outpatient (PT Aide), 100 orthopedic/wellness center, 45 acute rehab unit inpatient, 42 pediatrics

LOR: 1 outpatient physical therapist (orthopedic), 1 inpatient physical therapist (hospital), 2 professors (Ex. Physiology & Anatomy & Physiology)

Achievements: Magna Cum Laude

Applied
: Regis University, Fresno State, CSUN, CSUS, Chapman, CSULB, University of Florida, UNLV, West Virginia University, University of Colorado, WesternU, Midwestern (AZ)

Interviews: WesternU (1/24), Regis University (1/26), CU Denver (1/27), Fresno State (1/27-declined)
Waitlists: Midwestern (11/11), CSULB (1/15 High-Tier), CSUN #83 (1/19)
Acceptances: Chapman Fall (1/22) :)
Rejections: Chapman Summer & CSUS

No Response: UNLV, WVU, UF

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear from USC and SDSU for California schools!

Rejections
Congrats!!! I got accepted at Western as well! (Im pretty sure you were at my interview on the 16th) Maybe Ill be seeing you there! :)

just got accepted to Chapman! waiting to hear from MSM

Has anyone asked SDSU when they will be sending out admission decisions?

Has anyone asked SDSU when they will be sending out admission decisions?
I actually just emailed them today and Gloria in admissions told me they'd be sending out letters on February 9th!