California Dental Budget Cuts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the CA budget cuts are in any way affecting Dental school education or will have an effect in the near future?

R you serious? UCSF and UCLA have best deal ever. Excellent dental school, affordable price...
Even the tuition is increased at UC, you still can save 70K if you going to UC compare you going to big private school (NYU,USC, Tuff..)

Members don't see this ad :)
perhaps my title was a bit ambiguous. It was meant to imply budget cuts in low-income individual dental care, which is really a far cry from funding cuts for dental schools.

I don't know why dental care is seen as secondary to medical care. An infection in the mouth is just as serious as an infection anywhere else; and even more so if one takes into account that fact that we use our mouth for important things such as eating, and talking. I did the vast majority of my volunteering in a non-profit clinic in Southern California, and I believe that a greater urgency in oral-health education, and better accessibly to basic dental care for the poor would help keep a lot of people out of pain, and without severe oral health problems which could become systemic.

UC fans, the budget cuts already affected UCLA and UCSF acceptances; they've already accepted more out of staters than previous years. BUT, I doubt if it affects the quality of education. UCs have always been great schools and will continue to be.

Sincerely,
UC graduate!

This is why I am going to a private So.Cal. University :)

P.S. Arnold is out soon....

This is why I am going to a private So.Cal. University :)

P.S. Arnold is out soon....

Nor Cal Private University sounds so much better.... lol just kidding, they're all awesome.