california, texas, etc. programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys -- my fiancee just dropped a bomb on me about moving out west for what sounds like a great job offer and i am freaking. i thought we had agreed on the midwest (yeah! i can get gas there, hopefully) but now he is thinking west. the cali programs are all super tough right? and not do friendly? what about texas? same story? is there anything out west reasonable for an average DO student? or is SLU or OKlahoma the furthest west i can really consider myself competitive? any help, greatly appreciated as i am having heart failure.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys -- my fiancee just dropped a bomb on me about moving out west for what sounds like a great job offer and i am freaking. i thought we had agreed on the midwest (yeah! i can get gas there, hopefully) but now he is thinking west. the cali programs are all super tough right? and not do friendly? what about texas? same story? is there anything out west reasonable for an average DO student? or is SLU or OKlahoma the furthest west i can really consider myself competitive? any help, greatly appreciated as i am having heart failure.

If you want to learn a little Urology during your Anesthesia residency and do not mind jumping into a program with Interim chairman UT Southwestern in Dallas many be right for you.

From web site;
John D. McConnell, M.D., Executive Vice President for Health System Affairs and the former chairman of Urology at UT Southwestern, has been appointed as Interim Chair of Anesthesiology and Pain Management.