-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CampWWorld: A Delos Destination - Game Thread
Started by Trilt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
***
Not relevant to game. But it's so frustrating (and confusing) when only half a post shows up because things are bolded or are images etc.
***
Not relevant to game. But it's so frustrating (and confusing) when only half a post shows up because things are bolded or are images etc.
***
Let's break character, because I have a minor peeve to address!
Basically every. single. game. I've modded - ones I made and ones other people (STL, basically) made - have had at least one person substituted during play. In legitimately every instance I can think of, they were villagers. I always try and sub instead of mod kill, because it's lame for one side to get an advantage because life **** on the other.
K. That's all.
It is now Night 10. Night will close at 6AM EST. Good luck.
- - - - ----------------------
---------------------- - - - -
Maple Cabin
3. @Jilary
Birch Cabin
10. @alohacat319
Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
19. @StartingoverVet
Gone
17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
4. @katashark - Camper
9. @Zensing - Camper
8. @LadyOtheFarm - Camper
12. @SummerTheLynx - Camper
18. @hazelmoo - Camper
13. @Teepster87 - Camper
5. @PrincessButterCup - Camper
14. @nyanko - Camper
2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Camper
11. @finnickthedog - Camper (affil seer)
7. @Filly Bay - Camper (tracker)
16. @kcoughli - Camper
Basically every. single. game. I've modded - ones I made and ones other people (STL, basically) made - have had at least one person substituted during play. In legitimately every instance I can think of, they were villagers. I always try and sub instead of mod kill, because it's lame for one side to get an advantage because life **** on the other.
K. That's all.
Oh, also - strangled brutally by some teeny tiny LED Christmas lights is @kcoughli, a vanilla village Camper.
It is now Night 10. Night will close at 6AM EST. Good luck.
- - - - ----------------------
Maple Cabin
3. @Jilary
Birch Cabin
10. @alohacat319
Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
19. @StartingoverVet
Gone
17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
4. @katashark - Camper
9. @Zensing - Camper
8. @LadyOtheFarm - Camper
12. @SummerTheLynx - Camper
18. @hazelmoo - Camper
13. @Teepster87 - Camper
5. @PrincessButterCup - Camper
14. @nyanko - Camper
2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Camper
11. @finnickthedog - Camper (affil seer)
7. @Filly Bay - Camper (tracker)
16. @kcoughli - Camper
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok... so congrats SOV, I guess you can claim your win now.
Sorry Kcough. Really thought it was you.
We can still win.... 3 of left tomorrow to lynch the wolf. Not me.
Sigh.
Not exactly fitting my typical rule for an overwhelming, unmoving majority, but let's say if there is no exciting motion and/or discussion/etc by ****8:30PM EST**** I'll call it.
unlynch alohal
lynch kcoiugh
I'm sorry Trilt, I totally adore you, but don't you think a complete change in who the lynch leader is one minute prior to the new tentative deadline is "exciting motion"? I know I was pushing the kcough vote, but that last second change from SOV would have at the very least sparked some conversation for me had I been on in the few seconds before you posted lynch closed.Lynch closed, results pending.
Final Lynch Tally
Aloha (2) - kcough, LIS
Kcough (3) - Jil, aloha, SOV
5/5 votes.
I think they probably pressed send at the same time, and as a mod, I don't think Trilt can really say "jk. I said it was closed, but I take it back."I'm sorry Trilt, I totally adore you, but don't you think a complete change in who the lynch leader is one minute prior to the new tentative deadline is "exciting motion"? I know I was pushing the kcough vote, but that last second change from SOV would have at the very least sparked some conversation for me had I been on in the few seconds before you posted lynch closed.
Except she had SOV's vote in her lynch closed post and the post doesn't appear to be edited.I think they probably pressed send at the same time, and as a mod, I don't think Trilt can really say "jk. I said it was closed, but I take it back."
It was edited, just within five minutes so it doesn't show. 🙂Except she had SOV's vote in her lynch closed post and the post doesn't appear to be edited.
That wasn't even the least little bit sketchy.....
My only hope is that we get lucky with protection.
Just some info that may be useful should village not instantly lose at daybreak. I have mod confirmed info that there has been at least 1 failed wolf attack this game. I'm not sure if that meant last night or the night LIS was protected, my guess is it was the latter and for some reason the wolf decided not to kill last night just to throw us all off. I really do think Aloha is neutral. If SOV isn't the wolf, then it's a shame he changed his vote seconds prior to lynch close because that was shady as all hell and if we live to see tomorrow, he will likely be lynched.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doubt you believe it, but I wrote and posted that message earlier, after Trilt moved the deadline up. When I checked the board right before close it hadn't post so I hurried to scribble another one. The first one was much more eloquent (well a little more anyway). Just felt I should do what I really believed.Just some info that may be useful should village not instantly lose at daybreak. I have mod confirmed info that there has been at least 1 failed wolf attack this game. I'm not sure if that meant last night or the night LIS was protected, my guess is it was the latter and for some reason the wolf decided not to kill last night just to throw us all off. I really do think Aloha is neutral. If SOV isn't the wolf, then it's a shame he changed his vote seconds prior to lynch close because that was shady as all hell and if we live to see tomorrow, he will likely be lynched.
It is all about LIS' protection, so if he does it right, we win.
Some interesting noises last night. Scuffles, grunts, groans... probably something important.
It is now Day 11. Day will close at 10:30 PM EST or following an overwhelming, unmoving majority.
- - - - ----------------------
---------------------- - - - -
Maple Cabin
3. @Jilary
Birch Cabin
10. @alohacat319
Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
19. @StartingoverVet
Gone
17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
4. @katashark - Camper
9. @Zensing - Camper
8. @LadyOtheFarm - Camper
12. @SummerTheLynx - Camper
18. @hazelmoo - Camper
13. @Teepster87 - Camper
5. @PrincessButterCup - Camper
14. @nyanko - Camper
2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Camper
11. @finnickthedog - Camper (affil seer)
7. @Filly Bay - Camper (tracker)
16. @kcoughli - Camper
Nobody has died.
It is now Day 11. Day will close at 10:30 PM EST or following an overwhelming, unmoving majority.
- - - - ----------------------
Maple Cabin
3. @Jilary
Birch Cabin
10. @alohacat319
Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
19. @StartingoverVet
Gone
17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
4. @katashark - Camper
9. @Zensing - Camper
8. @LadyOtheFarm - Camper
12. @SummerTheLynx - Camper
18. @hazelmoo - Camper
13. @Teepster87 - Camper
5. @PrincessButterCup - Camper
14. @nyanko - Camper
2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Camper
11. @finnickthedog - Camper (affil seer)
7. @Filly Bay - Camper (tracker)
16. @kcoughli - Camper
lynch aloha
if it is anyone else, I congratulate them on their ingenuity.
if it is anyone else, I congratulate them on their ingenuity.
Mod provided info: there is a neutral in the game.
I was attacked last night. What were you up to last night SOV?
I was attacked last night. What were you up to last night SOV?
lamenting bad internet connections.Mod provided info: there is a neutral in the game.
I was attacked last night. What were you up to last night SOV?
I am not the droid you are looking for. Just imagine my message was posted 20 minutes earlier, would you still be suspicious of me. Don't let comcast win.
I'm asking you did you do anything last night? Like, do you have an ability? Today is the last day so no worries outing that now.lamenting bad internet connections.
I am not the droid you are looking for. Just imagine my message was posted 20 minutes earlier, would you still be suspicious of me. Don't let comcast win.
Yes. I am a thief. I can still Delos $ for the last 2 nights. I have $11 now.I'm asking you did you do anything last night? Like, do you have an ability? Today is the last day so no worries outing that now.
Mod provided info: there is a neutral in the game.
I was attacked last night. What were you up to last night SOV?
Confirmed. I protected Jilary last night and she was attacked.
***lynch sov***
Who did you steal them from?Yes. I am a thief. I can still Delos $ for the last 2 nights. I have $11 now.
I guess it doesn't matter. It's been confirmed there is a neutral (aloha), I was attacked last night and LIS protected me. That leaves SOV, and I used the silly string on him so I know he left his cabin last night. No one else is claiming neutral, it makes no sense for LIS to protect AND attack me when he could have just ended the game last night by killing me or SOV, so...
Lynch SOV
Lynch SOV
lamenting bad internet connections.
I am not the droid you are looking for. Just imagine my message was posted 20 minutes earlier, would you still be suspicious of me. Don't let comcast win.
@alohacat319 come vote for SOV and let's end the game one way or another.....
Way I see it, SOV is full of crap and the last wolf. If he isn't and it's you or Jilary, you played well and deserve the win. But I have to really stretch the story to make either of you the last wolf. I mean, I don't see Jilary attacking herself last night. And I don't see you being a wolf if there truly is a neutral in the game. (Though I'm still not sure where the confirmation comes from, so.....)
Way I see it, SOV is full of crap and the last wolf. If he isn't and it's you or Jilary, you played well and deserve the win. But I have to really stretch the story to make either of you the last wolf. I mean, I don't see Jilary attacking herself last night. And I don't see you being a wolf if there truly is a neutral in the game. (Though I'm still not sure where the confirmation comes from, so.....)
***********
now that it has no effect on the game...I would never sub out for being a wolf. I subbed out because I couldn't concentrate on the game due to a bunch of **** happening in my personal life. I informed trilt and she found a sub
***********
now that it has no effect on the game...I would never sub out for being a wolf. I subbed out because I couldn't concentrate on the game due to a bunch of **** happening in my personal life. I informed trilt and she found a sub
***********
I have an "ask the mod" ability. It's how I confirmed there was a fake attack, and that there really is only 1 wolf left in the game. I had to check the number of wolves left because SOV's timing with that info was a little too convenient.@alohacat319 come vote for SOV and let's end the game one way or another.....
Way I see it, SOV is full of crap and the last wolf. If he isn't and it's you or Jilary, you played well and deserve the win. But I have to really stretch the story to make either of you the last wolf. I mean, I don't see Jilary attacking herself last night. And I don't see you being a wolf if there truly is a neutral in the game. (Though I'm still not sure where the confirmation comes from, so.....)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aloha (1) - SOV
SOV (2) - LIS, Jil
3/4 accounted for.
SOV (2) - LIS, Jil
3/4 accounted for.
•••lynch SOV•••
My point: So you finally got the road runner.....
Can't get away from you guys every time.
🙂
Can't get away from you guys every time.
🙂
Haha! Looks accurate.
And to think I was changing my target last night right when I got results...
almost.....
almost.....
Go villagers!!! So sorry kcough! It was really hard with you only playing for a few days. Thanks for protecting me last night LIS, glad it worked out. That was a tough gamble for sure.
Last time I am ever nice to LIS...
As MrsSOV always tells me... no good deed goes unpunished.
As MrsSOV always tells me... no good deed goes unpunished.
50/50.Go villagers!!! So sorry kcough! It was really hard with you only playing for a few days. Thanks for protecting me last night LIS, glad it worked out. That was a tough gamble for sure.
it was very princess bride.. I knew he knew I knew that he knew...
But I had a dream I chose the wrong target and woke up to change it.. Made a quick post and when I finished it was too late.
No regrets though... it was fun.
unlynch aloha
lynch LIS
don't want to break my unofficial streak of voting to lynch LIS.
lynch LIS
don't want to break my unofficial streak of voting to lynch LIS.
And with that, I don't think anyone will get too worked up if I call it... 🙂
Lynch closed, results pending.
Final Tally
LIS (1) - SOV
SOV (3) - LIS, Jil, Aloha
4/4 accounted for.
Lynch closed, results pending.
Final Tally
LIS (1) - SOV
SOV (3) - LIS, Jil, Aloha
4/4 accounted for.
Thanks for protecting me last night LIS, glad it worked out. That was a tough gamble for sure.
It really wasn't. SOV thinking I'd protect myself was a pretty reasonable bet (although it sounds like he was waffling). I actually protected you the last two nights. And protecting myself didn't get me any info - if I could luck onto protecting a villager, then it was as close to seer'ing you as I could come.
Last time I am ever nice to LIS...
As MrsSOV always tells me... no good deed goes unpunished.
Remind me how you were nice to me? You tried to kill me mid-game. That sorta trumps anything you said in-game. 🙂
Anyway.
@Filly Bay I'm sorry I screwed you. I really was super busy that day and just racing between work and work and work. I knew BBC had wanted me to release info, and I just rushed and got it out without thinking about it. Had I looked at the vote, it wasn't even necessary.
I think I made up for it with two successful wolf blocks, and calling out SOV as a wolf mid-game. Hmph. Told y'all he was wolfing.
50/50.
it was very princess bride.. I knew he knew I knew that he knew...
Hahaha. Yes, very Princess Bride.
I decided you'd fall on the side of "Nah, LIS will selfishly protect himself because he KNOWS he's a villager and isn't 100% sure about anyone else." That said, I protected Jilary the night before, too.
@kcoughli did a pretty decent job coming in mid-game. That's tough.
People come to this place for many reasons, and honestly, not having to explain the why is part of the appeal.
But it leaves questions, and many of them will simply go unanswered. Things are frustrating like that sometimes. Despite your theories, your machinations and your grand ideas, life is a lazy storyteller and drops hints and clues and ideas and simply leaves them... hanging. Maybe that's a reason why people like Campworld, and Westworld, and all the Delos Destinations. The hosts have simple loops, simple lives, they live unquestioningly and everything comes together in a gorgeous way by the end of your two week stay. It's nice.
So you won't get a good answer why some campers decided to go rogue and start killing the very people they were meant to enjoy a stay with. Or why they were allowed to keep it up, unchecked, despite the others trying their best to notify the powers-that-be that things had gone awry. Needless to say, something had to have been going very wrong at HQ to let them go crazy for as long as they did, but you'll figure that out later I guess. For now there is some retribution to be had.
Beaten to death by an angry mob is @StartingoverVet, a vanilla wolf Camper.
And with that, Village has WON!
(And additionally, @alohacat319 as a neutral player).
- - - - ----------------------
---------------------- - - - -
(And additionally, @alohacat319 as a neutral player).
- - - - ----------------------
Maple Cabin
3. @Jilary - Camper (ask-a-mod)
Birch Cabin
10. @alohacat319 - The Old Radio Hermit
Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow - Camper (protector)
Gone
17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
4. @katashark - Camper
9. @Zensing - Camper
8. @LadyOtheFarm - Camper
12. @SummerTheLynx - Camper
18. @hazelmoo - Camper
13. @Teepster87 - Camper
5. @PrincessButterCup - Camper
14. @nyanko - Camper
2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Camper
11. @finnickthedog - Camper (affil seer)
7. @Filly Bay - Camper (tracker)
16. @kcoughli - Camper
19. @StartingoverVet - Camper
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
50/50.
it was very princess bride.. I knew he knew I knew that he knew...
But I had a dream I chose the wrong target and woke up to change it.. Made a quick post and when I finished it was too late.
No regrets though... it was fun.
I posted a princess bride meme in the dead chat lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My first instinct was that you would protect Jil (I even told Trilt that in wolf thread), and the only thing that stopped me from following my gut last night was the concern that you could ONLY protect yourself/avoid attack. Alternatively I assumed you couldn't protect yourself or anyone else 2 nights in a row which based on my count when we attacked you meant it was the night to protect yourself. Didnt think Trilt would let such a powerful protector in a game with little abilities. Oh well.It really wasn't. SOV thinking I'd protect myself was a pretty reasonable bet (although it sounds like he was waffling). I actually protected you the last two nights. And protecting myself didn't get me any info - if I could luck onto protecting a villager, then it was as close to seer'ing you as I could come.
.
FWIW, I thought this was a hard game for the wolves to win. We got lucky to be able to take seer right away, but had no other abilities... and wolves rarely do well in plain vanilla games.. too many good players. Nice job LIS.
And sorry @Jilary ..... but being my "friend" kept you alive at least. I had no intention of killing you until last night.
And sorry @Jilary ..... but being my "friend" kept you alive at least. I had no intention of killing you until last night.
FWIW, I thought this was a hard game for the wolves to win. We got lucky to be able to take seer right away, but had no other abilities..
Yeah, vanilla games are harder for wolves because the opportunity for mass confusion is decreased. That said, the villagers had similarly limited abilities - including no seer! - this game, so I think it was extremely balanced. It was almost as vanilla as you can get, aside from one neutral and the "claim a role" mechanic.
And some game design explanation...
Roles - 21 players:
4 wolves
Just like the campers who arrived with you, your past and motives are murky. Are you from another corporation, bent on ruining Delos' reputation? Or simply sick human beings, bent on causing distress and destruction? No matter what, you know your goal: kill those who are good until parity.
You all meet nightly in an abandoned radio shack, and have gotten wind that there may be someone with little stake in this all listening to the air waves. Feel free to submit a short message to transmit to them each evening... maybe they'll be listening to the right channel.
You each begin with $5 Delos Dollars.
Each night you must choose one person to do your killing, and a method of death. Make them fun and camp themed. 🙂
As stated before, no converts. This is who you've got, play carefully!
None of you have any abilities, and should you be role seered, you will simply be a "Camper" like most others.
16 villagers
People come to this place for many reasons, and honestly, not having to explain the why is part of the appeal.
Are you here to reminiscence and relive cheerful childhood times? Dream about those short-term - but long remembered - friends? Honor a parent, or a companion, or a sibling whose camping days are gone? Or maybe you just want to try your hand at pitching a tent, or shooting a bow and arrow, or doing a bit of horseback riding in the safety and comfort of a Delos Destination.
Whatever your reason, you begin your adventure on the main grounds as the sun is slowly - gloriously! - setting. It is getting dark, so your map is a bit tough to read, but the mess hall and latrines seem to be nearby, in addition the woods-themed cabins where you sleep. As you follow the dirt trail towards the soothing crackle of a bonfire, you pass by a dimly lit canteen building with an "Opening Soon!" sign on the front. Guess that's where you can use the $5 in Delos Dollars that came in your pocket.
As you approach the fire, you're quickly joined by others from other paths. You exchange smiles, roast marshmallows (they're delicious!), and the ever cheerful camp attendants lead you in song and dance. Maybe you remember some from childhood. Maybe you don't. Whatever your past is, it doesn't matter, and the time passes quickly until you are sleepily escorted to your cabin full of happy, glowing warmth.
Nothing too bad could ever happen here. That's what you paid for...
(You are a vanilla villager).
1 neutral
You've lived here a long, long time. Years at this point. You spend your days mixing with the new guests, watching the hosts go through their programmed routines, and simply following the ebb and flow of the days. It's soothing, really. Great what a big donation at a time of need can do.
At night, you retreat to your cabin in the woods, where you have squirreled away dozens of different amateur radios and parts. This is your hobby, and every night you may pick a channel number: 1, 2 or 3. You will receive a message from a different channel based upon your choice.... who knows where the messages are actually coming from, though?
You begin with $5 in Delos Dollars.
You've watched people for long enough that you see them coming from a mile away; as such, you may dodge one attempt on your life.
You are a Neutral player, and win by simply surviving.
Aloha's role - the hermit - could receive radio transmissions from one of three channels each night. Channel two was being transmitted from the dead - The Old, Abandoned Radio Tower - and Channel three was submitted by the wolves. She was the only original power role in the game.
Channel one was tied to the ham radio item...
- - - - ----------------------
---------------------- - - - -
Items - Two in Distribution:
A Portable Ham Radio - Huh, neato. Give the dial a good twist and send the short message of your choice out into the abyss. Someone has to be listening, right?
and...
A Rigabamboo - Now what is that? A Princess Pat™ creation, you may use this red and gold (and purple, too!) item to give yourself - or the person of your choice - a simple ability.
Now... don't go too crazy. These will be subject to moderation, must be fairly simple (think traditional WW roles like seer, blocker, protector, etc), and may not be repeated within the game. So, for example, if somebody has already given themselves a protecting role and you try to do so for yourself, the item will fail. Tough cookies.
Obviously I recommend that you think carefully on your decision.
Which ever so entertainingly RNG'd itself to the wolves N1. Hence the wolf affiliation seer. And then never again, which was fairly tough luck for them, because an extra kill or avoidance or something would have been extremely game changing I think.
It was an interesting dynamic, because I think we ended up with a total of three attempts for an affiliation seer, two attempts at tracker, one night where the rigabamboo holder was killed, and then the protector/ask-a-mod before I pulled items at eight people remaining. I expected more variety!
- - - - ----------------------
---------------------- - - - -
Delos Dollars - Positive Reinforcement:
Delos Dollars were distributed based on contribution/engagement in the game. If you did little game solving and just threw in a vote (or missed it completely), no dollars for that day. If you were kind of normally engaged, you got a dollar per day, and up to two people daily could get $2.
Three people (Zen, Kata, Sandy) started with $10, so they were "sort of" power roles from the getgo... I think all died by the time there was a chance to use the shop items.
Prices were designed so that anyone who was moderately participating could get to the Ask-a-Mod item by the second time the shop was opened, and be pretty close to the pseudo-tracking Silly String (which was fairly akin to my ocelot/cat role in Minecraft; you could catch yourself a wolf OR a villager power role with it, and I like ambiguity). I thought there was slim chance anyone would hit $20 (although I would have allowed dollar stealing as an ability, so it was definitely possible) and thought maybe one or two people would get to the $16 kill/protect ones. Jil got within $1 but not quite, which was painful!
It was neat. I kind of expected more discussion about what to buy, best items, etc, because the purchases were revealed so talking about them beforehand would not be as much of a negative. Never really worked that way.
Any questions? Do people actually read these things? ( 😛 )
Roles - 21 players:
4 wolves
Just like the campers who arrived with you, your past and motives are murky. Are you from another corporation, bent on ruining Delos' reputation? Or simply sick human beings, bent on causing distress and destruction? No matter what, you know your goal: kill those who are good until parity.
You all meet nightly in an abandoned radio shack, and have gotten wind that there may be someone with little stake in this all listening to the air waves. Feel free to submit a short message to transmit to them each evening... maybe they'll be listening to the right channel.
You each begin with $5 Delos Dollars.
Each night you must choose one person to do your killing, and a method of death. Make them fun and camp themed. 🙂
As stated before, no converts. This is who you've got, play carefully!
None of you have any abilities, and should you be role seered, you will simply be a "Camper" like most others.
People come to this place for many reasons, and honestly, not having to explain the why is part of the appeal.
Are you here to reminiscence and relive cheerful childhood times? Dream about those short-term - but long remembered - friends? Honor a parent, or a companion, or a sibling whose camping days are gone? Or maybe you just want to try your hand at pitching a tent, or shooting a bow and arrow, or doing a bit of horseback riding in the safety and comfort of a Delos Destination.
Whatever your reason, you begin your adventure on the main grounds as the sun is slowly - gloriously! - setting. It is getting dark, so your map is a bit tough to read, but the mess hall and latrines seem to be nearby, in addition the woods-themed cabins where you sleep. As you follow the dirt trail towards the soothing crackle of a bonfire, you pass by a dimly lit canteen building with an "Opening Soon!" sign on the front. Guess that's where you can use the $5 in Delos Dollars that came in your pocket.
As you approach the fire, you're quickly joined by others from other paths. You exchange smiles, roast marshmallows (they're delicious!), and the ever cheerful camp attendants lead you in song and dance. Maybe you remember some from childhood. Maybe you don't. Whatever your past is, it doesn't matter, and the time passes quickly until you are sleepily escorted to your cabin full of happy, glowing warmth.
Nothing too bad could ever happen here. That's what you paid for...
(You are a vanilla villager).
1 neutral
You've lived here a long, long time. Years at this point. You spend your days mixing with the new guests, watching the hosts go through their programmed routines, and simply following the ebb and flow of the days. It's soothing, really. Great what a big donation at a time of need can do.
At night, you retreat to your cabin in the woods, where you have squirreled away dozens of different amateur radios and parts. This is your hobby, and every night you may pick a channel number: 1, 2 or 3. You will receive a message from a different channel based upon your choice.... who knows where the messages are actually coming from, though?
You begin with $5 in Delos Dollars.
You've watched people for long enough that you see them coming from a mile away; as such, you may dodge one attempt on your life.
You are a Neutral player, and win by simply surviving.
Channel one was tied to the ham radio item...
- - - - ----------------------
Items - Two in Distribution:
A Portable Ham Radio - Huh, neato. Give the dial a good twist and send the short message of your choice out into the abyss. Someone has to be listening, right?
and...
A Rigabamboo - Now what is that? A Princess Pat™ creation, you may use this red and gold (and purple, too!) item to give yourself - or the person of your choice - a simple ability.
Now... don't go too crazy. These will be subject to moderation, must be fairly simple (think traditional WW roles like seer, blocker, protector, etc), and may not be repeated within the game. So, for example, if somebody has already given themselves a protecting role and you try to do so for yourself, the item will fail. Tough cookies.
Obviously I recommend that you think carefully on your decision.
It was an interesting dynamic, because I think we ended up with a total of three attempts for an affiliation seer, two attempts at tracker, one night where the rigabamboo holder was killed, and then the protector/ask-a-mod before I pulled items at eight people remaining. I expected more variety!
- - - - ----------------------
Delos Dollars were distributed based on contribution/engagement in the game. If you did little game solving and just threw in a vote (or missed it completely), no dollars for that day. If you were kind of normally engaged, you got a dollar per day, and up to two people daily could get $2.
Three people (Zen, Kata, Sandy) started with $10, so they were "sort of" power roles from the getgo... I think all died by the time there was a chance to use the shop items.
Prices were designed so that anyone who was moderately participating could get to the Ask-a-Mod item by the second time the shop was opened, and be pretty close to the pseudo-tracking Silly String (which was fairly akin to my ocelot/cat role in Minecraft; you could catch yourself a wolf OR a villager power role with it, and I like ambiguity). I thought there was slim chance anyone would hit $20 (although I would have allowed dollar stealing as an ability, so it was definitely possible) and thought maybe one or two people would get to the $16 kill/protect ones. Jil got within $1 but not quite, which was painful!
It was neat. I kind of expected more discussion about what to buy, best items, etc, because the purchases were revealed so talking about them beforehand would not be as much of a negative. Never really worked that way.
Any questions? Do people actually read these things? ( 😛 )
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K