This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dental0911

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a first year grad student, started this fall semester (Sept).
The dental cycle is opened, and I do not know if I am allowed/can apply now even though my first semester grades will be released in December (after my final exam grades are posted). I also took my DAT last year.
 
I'm a first year grad student, started this fall semester (Sept).
The dental cycle is opened, and I do not know if I am allowed/can apply now even though my first semester grades will be released in December (after my final exam grades are posted). I also took my DAT last year.
You could but it’s relatively late in the cycle now putting you at a disadvantage. I would apply right away the following cycle and do well in your masters this semester and next.
 
I'm a first year grad student, started this fall semester (Sept).
The dental cycle is opened, and I do not know if I am allowed/can apply now even though my first semester grades will be released in December (after my final exam grades are posted). I also took my DAT last year.
Hey so I wouldn’t recommend applying. I was in your shoes last year and didn’t get one interview. wasted a lot of time, money and effort. They wanted to see my grades and not take a gamble “if “ I was going to get good grades. I finished the program with a 4.0 (biomedical science) and reapplied. This cycle I’ve already been invited to interview at 5 schools. Including my first and second pick. I hope this helps!