This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Doe12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to say thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

My current circumstance is the following:

I have messed up in undergrad and currently have a 2.53 GPA. It was a combination of family problems, but I've learned to prioritize my career more than my family at this point. I haven't taken any science classes so I don't have a GPA for those requirements currently. In school I am a Global Health Studies major and I have done over 1500 hours of community service while enrolled in undergrad. Additionally, as a requirement for graduation you must complete a senior thesis. I did a project on preeclampsia which I thought would give me an edge being that I want to be an OB/GYN. I'm just currently looking for suggestions to start on the path towards going to Med School. I am also a black male, I don't know if that is worth mentioning.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you fit the criteria but you have to apply to a couple different programs. Look them up because each is program is different in what they offer and how they do things. Also some are way more competitive than others. I did a postbacc myself and I can say that they actually work when you're trying to prove to medschool adcoms that you turned your life around - so long as you do extremely well.

https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index <--- start here if you haven't already