This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlecGaro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was told that some of you SDNers have the 2015 AADSAS application questions. I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to share a PDF, Word, or any other version of it with me. If this is not possible then does anyone know a brief summary of the questions asked and the exact character limit (with spaces or not with spaces)?

I want to get my application all typed up on a Word document before June 1st so that I can just copy and paste on the day of. I thought that a google search or SDN search would find me a similar thread but none of them have come up with anything that is useful. Please either post it on here to share with everyone or PM me if possible. I don't think this is against SDN policy but if it is, can an admin please let me know?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you can gather your transcript, volunteer log, shadowing hours, other EC's and have them ready, but that's about it. You can't fill it out until june 1st or 2nd..

@1passbbsSHAVE , you are quite knowledgeable about this stuff, so one question for you- Is it really that big a deal to get it in June 1? I mean, what if I filled it out on June 10, you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
@1passbbsSHAVE , you are quite knowledgeable about this stuff, so one question for you- Is it really that big a deal to get it in June 1? I mean, what if I filled it out on June 10, you know?

This has been a while, but I think it takes about 3~4 weeks for them to verify GPA (by that, they compare the grade you put in AADSAS and the transcript).
So earlier you send the transcripts in, and earlier you fill AADSA out, earlier they can verify it. But since it takes about a week for them to get the transcript from your school, I think you are safe for at least until then. From the time they get the transcript, I think it was 3~4 weeks.

For me, it was full 4 weeks!! Mine was complete in August and that was a big mistake. I didn't think about the time it takes for them to verify it.

Reactions: 1 user
you can gather your transcript, volunteer log, shadowing hours, other EC's and have them ready, but that's about it. You can't fill it out until june 1st or 2nd..
thanks 1pass! I already have that stuff ready. But I know people have last cycles actual application as a screenshot or PDF. That way I can see exactly what is needed and the character limit for it to have as a rough draft for the real application

If you guys think you need to have this application prepared at 11:59 pm on May 31st, you're highly mistaken. The ONLY thing that is time consuming is entering in your courses. Even that can be done in under an hour. Relax and smell the roses, people.

Reactions: 3 users
If you guys think you need to have this application prepared at 11:59 pm on May 31st, you're highly mistaken. The ONLY thing that is time consuming is entering in your courses. Even that can be done in under an hour. Relax and smell the roses, people.
But.. but .. but.. I need to be in the FIRST BATCH! ;)

Gathered to be mailed in or something??

to enter in AADSAS when it becomes available. It took me a while to figure out my hours of volunteer, volunteer description, EC description, work hours, work description, etc.

to enter in AADSAS when it becomes available. It took me a while to figure out my hours of volunteer, volunteer description, EC description, work hours, work description, etc.

Do you have to receive this official copy from the registrar or something? I'm confused cause couldn't you easily access a unofficial one online?

PREACH!

Truth.

Just breath

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, it was full 4 weeks!! Mine was complete in August and that was a big mistake. I didn't think about the time it takes for them to verify it.
When did you send your application? I'm taking my DAT mid jun and sending my application on Jun 20th? Do you think this is late

When did you send your application? I'm taking my DAT mid jun and sending my application on Jun 20th? Do you think this is late
Lol I thought this was a joke because I am actually taking mine on June 20th as well. Also I was going to send it out after I took the DAT, and honestly I just might still do that (I don't think 20 days into the cycle is a big deal if my transcripts and everything else is already ready).. But after reading what people have been saying on SDN, it might not be a bad idea to just send the app WITHOUT the DAT score as soon as possible. Guess it just depends what you want to do. I doubt it makes much of a significant difference within the first 1-2 months of the application process anyway.

Should we have hard copies of official transcripts ready to send in trough the mail or say 2-3 days before cycle opens can we go ahead and have them sent from our schools to the ADEA so they get there around June 1st.

OR

Should we wait until the cycle opens and then contact our schools after filling out the application to have them sent. So full out app June 1 for example and contact schools for transcripts that same day.

Thanks!

Should we have hard copies of official transcripts ready to send in trough the mail or say 2-3 days before cycle opens can we go ahead and have them sent from our schools to the ADEA so they get there around June 1st.

OR

Should we wait until the cycle opens and then contact our schools after filling out the application to have them sent. So full out app June 1 for example and contact schools for transcripts that same day.

Thanks!
There is a transcript matching form that you get from your AADSAS application that your school will need to mail in with your transcript, so don't send anything early. Wait until you can access your AADSAS app and then send that form to your school when you request your transcript.

There is a transcript matching form that you get from your AADSAS application that your school will need to mail in with your transcript, so don't send anything early. Wait until you can access your AADSAS app and then send that form to your school when you request your transcript.

Gotcha! So technically what makes the process lengthy is the time for transcripts to actually get sent in and then verified..

Thank you!

Gotcha! So technically what makes the process lengthy is the time for transcripts to actually get sent in and then verified..

Thank you!
What makes the process lengthy is the GPA verification that only begins once you submit your application IMO. That takes 4-6 weeks and is why people say to submit as soon as you can.

Getting your transcripts sent in and enter usually only takes 2ish weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
What makes the process lengthy is the GPA verification that only begins once you submit your application IMO. That takes 4-6 weeks and is why people say to submit as soon as you can.

Getting your transcripts sent in and enter usually only takes 2ish weeks.

And as far as transcripts that need sent in... Say I have summer classes at a new school that end at the end of July. I won't send those until after those classes end correct?

So send transcripts from where I've finished classes as of June 1. Then once I finish summer classes (end of July) send those in as to update my application?

And as far as transcripts that need sent in... Say I have summer classes at a new school that end at the end of July. I won't send those until after those classes end correct?

So send transcripts from where I've finished classes as of June 1. Then once I finish summer classes (end of July) send those in as to update my application?
Once you submit, you cannot update your classes until the academic update in November. Either wait until November to update or wait until July to submit.

Once you submit, you cannot update your classes until the academic update in November. Either wait until November to update or wait until July to submit.

I am just making sure I got this right. Can I submit my transcript to the schools prior to sending my application? I am applying this cycle. Thank you.

I am just making sure I got this right. Can I submit my transcript to the schools prior to sending my application? I am applying this cycle. Thank you.

Yes, you can request your transcripts to be sent to AADSAS before you submit your application.