Can you change schools after submitting your app?

Started by Modizzle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Modizzle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to change the schools you select to apply to on VMCAS after you have submitted your application?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to change the schools you select to apply to on VMCAS after you have submitted your application?

Thanks


This is a for sure no way.....I tried. Basically, VMCAS is really good at quoting regulations when you contact them with questions, and they are remarkably unbending with the rules. They are pretty specific about no adding or subtracting schools, so I thought I would try to get them on a technicality and simply change a school.....you know.... no change in fee and it should be simple.....Result = NO CHANCE IN HECK. Sorry.
 
Thanks everyone. I applied to Edinburgh and then when I posted here about the schools in the UK, I had replies about how wonderful Glasgow is, so I thought I'd add that if I could. But Edinburgh is cool, too, right?
 
I wonder if you could just fill out another application and submit with the one school you want to add. Not that that would be a lot of fun, but maybe it's a work-around.
 
they specifically say that starting a second app is a no-no and could jeopardize the one you've already got going.