You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I think clem is right that we're looking for another wolf
Fine. There I said it
Although that might explain why no 3rd nk
Fine. There I said it
Although that might explain why no 3rd nk
Why did you choose spurs and zenge?I think gladiator is only town?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Why did you choose spurs and zenge?
Spurs and you actually 💀
You two were both up on my list and I thought you'd both still be alive (darn multiball). And also I thought it would be highly entertaining. Which is why I picked that ability in the firstplace.
Still disappointed it didn't work 😅
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why spurs over kitz and/or dubz?Spurs and you actually 💀
You two were both up on my list and I thought you'd both still be alive (darn multiball). And also I thought it would be highly entertaining. Which is why I picked that ability in the firstplace.
Still disappointed it didn't work 😅
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Why spurs over kitz and/or dubz?
Neither felt like a good choice to force out D2. Kitz being new and dubz in her first full game since modding (I'm not a meanie). Between Spurs and zenge I felt there was a decent chance of scum between the two of them (I was right!) Also felt evenly matched in terms of sussness and play style to keep one or the other from being immediately steamrolled.
I'm not putting in a vote tonight bc I have too much to do BUT I will for sure ASAP tomorrow. I am planning on voting for someone in rae, clem, CG, genny, kitz, Dubz, samac, zenge, Spurs, or fruit for courtesy reasons. We'll see who becomes the most sus.
(TBH, CG or Spurs are appealing to me bc if they had the choice between village or scum I believe they absolutely would have chosen scum...)
This is a fair list 🙂
Except for me ofc.
Fruit vendor
fruit vendor! 🥝
Clem, Alissa, shorty, fruit, beans town (I’m sure I’m off about one of them but not in POE currently)
CG, zenge scum
Unsure: apop,kitz
No read yet: the rest
I'm willing to give kitz and rae the benefit of the doubt for now. Other than what I previously mentioned, neither of them have done anything particularly scummy. Spurs feels okay? I think I've shrunk my pool down to the following (mostly because I don't think I can say that any of these people have done something to make me certain they're village):
CG, genny, Dubz, samac, zenge
I am obligated to point out this role is not necessarily town lol
Ah. I somehow got it into my head that the list of roles also meant you couldn't be offered things that wouldn't result in a combo already on the list.
I'm not sure if I think it's wolfy or not that she didn't include an aff in the post originally because I think scum would probably be more likely to pay attention to that detail, but yeah, mafia fruit vendor is on the list.
I'm a little confused on why you made the post in the first place with a full reads list of the roster when so many boiled down to basically neutral? Shades of neutral, okay, but still neutral enough that you called them as such in your list.
apop is making my insides buzz with confusion and befuddlement. But that's how she always makes me feel and last game I led her misyeet D1, so I guess I'm just going to... set that aside for now.
I feel like someone else may have said this while I'm reviewing, but this is weird. Backtracking on kitz and rae, after initially planting those as your only real reads?
Also, hi @fruitsalad 🙂
Oh yeah. I wasn't sure if these were serious or goofing. I see SAR is serious.
It's okay. The good news is you'll never be night killed. The bad news is you'll never be night killed.
...?
As mentioned, fruit vendors can be mafia or town.
And as Dubz pointed out, shorty asked for affiliation, not role.
i don’t know if kitz misunderstanding is genuine
Honestly I'm just locking kitz town lol
would like to motion that we give the n00b a break 🙂
I don't find this especially clearing (because their pack could just not be on right now to help), or sus (because she could just have misunderstood the assignment and this is a hella challenging game to understand as your second game). But I think we have gotten all we can out of this line of questioning.
I think a few other ppl pointed this out, but sussing people who sus you is not very village-y.
I personally don't care if you react to all my posts. I just ignore reactions and look for places where people quoted me.
Agree
I think this is what I was feeling when I flagged her backtracking on a couple reads
Valid. Stand by what I said. I don't especially want to re-open that discussion.
Huh. Well I wish you were gonna be around so I could ask why, but
If you have time later, would appreciate knowing which posts specifically set off your spider tingles.
Premature post. That's supposed to be @ apop and @GoSpursGo can you summarize briefly why you're on Zenge?
Why the CG votes? Is it stemming from the thought she wouldn't choose town over scum?
What's the sitch with spurs
Hm
Did the Spurs wagon gain steam after CG and Zenge were double bubble toil and trouble, or does it only appear that way to my memory because I've got big gaps
Am I remembering correctly that Spurs was a wolf in the noob game? Did his use of abbreviations increase when he was a wolf there, or as scum in The Good Place?
Alright, unless there is a scum faction that thinks I'm other-scum, I think it's very unlikely I need to leave a legacy tonight. Nevertheless, it appears I have made giving them part of my MO, so here are my thoughts.
Village lean (note I'm realizing that I'm using "I liked their line of questioning" a lot, so that is probably a verbose way of saying "vibes")
@Clem J --as I previously said, I thought his snap-reading players early in the day yesterday felt natural and like v!Clem
@alissa14 --seems very engaged in questioning from an earnest perspective of meeting and understanding new players. Nothing has felt off.
@apoptosis09 --personally I think they were actively trying to change playstyle to not get auto-scum-read again, and playing different seemed to feel off to other players. I've never seen w!apop but this felt like a phenotype of village that could exist.
@potentialsheltervet --also generally like the lines of questioning, felt similar to previous V!PSV.
@supershorty --questioning also seemed very genuine, worked overdrive to track down old reads and compare to current. I don't put anything past such an experienced player, but it would be an awful lot of work to put in to create a smokescreen for a scum player.
@beans2020 --also feels like a nice, relaxed line of questioning. I still am not sure what @_rae_ meant by "the beans thing"
Neutral:
@SARdoghandler --more of a null than anything for now
@genny --I had in my village lean, but as noted above the flash flip at the end deserves scrutiny
@WildZoo --I'll be honest... I've skipped most of their posts in order to catch up in a reasonable timeframe. Another player where I feel like there is a wide range of play styles that could fit either scum or village. Will just have to watch
@_rae_ --I went back and forth on putting her here or in POE, and I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that yesterday was just a very busy day. Picking up the pieces after the fact, I don't really disagree with her reads that much, though I think she got flack for limited reasoning.
@samac --I also went back and forth on putting her here or in POE, and landed on I think yesterday was super busy so I can't really get a solid read yet. Something felt off, but that can happen when someone is busy. But I'm watching.
POE:
@kitzsuna --I do not think she was derpcleared, and I don't like that her reads have basically been high volume players and players who suss'd her first.
@Zenge142 --Because he tickled my nose at the beginning of the day in a way that led to me voting for him, and nothing changed my opinion.
@Barkley13 --Don't like that they literally never gave a reason for their vote yesterday. I know we did a lot of ****posting, but that isn't an unreasonable bar to expect someone who is village to clear.
@fruitsalad --I don't think the voting noise at the beginning of the day was necessarily benign, and even beyond the 8:59p vote, the voting noise in the 8pm hour I'm not sure is benign
Went on an iso deep dive but got lost in the sauce somewhere. I have been debating who is most likely part of the PSV/spur pack. I think it is most likely to be apop
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Possible, but spurs' downfall in his last wolf game was staying too close to the pack. Maybe he would make that mistake again but I don't see psv doing it. I would think it's pretty safe to scum read each other early game for distance when nothing is likely to come of it. The last few packs I've seen have spread their pack reads across w/vIt doesn't appear that spurs likes to bus and I honestly doubt he would bus kitz in her second game.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I thought you thought you were dying tonight? 🤔Stating intent to snap vote
Who do you think is dying tonight? 🤔I thought you thought you were dying tonight? 🤔
I think it's possible I die tonight yeahI thought you thought you were dying tonight? 🤔
But I believe in contingency planning
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Probably not me but I've been killed just before endgame twice when I wasn't expecting it, so who knows.Who do you think is dying tonight? 🤔
Maybe clem if his governor ability was true and scum doesn't want to risk it.
Maybe zenge since I'm increasingly surprised he's still alive
Not likely you bc you're up for contention, same as me.
Maybe alissa but also has been sussed lately so probably not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Also the vague risk that scum thinks I'm lying about having used my gladiator ability already and doesn't want to risk that either.Probably not me but I've been killed just before endgame twice when I wasn't expecting it, so who knows.
potentially me!Who do you think is dying tonight? 🤔
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Same 🥲 last (and only) time I made it to end game I flubbed it and we lost as village. I'll kick myself if I do that again 😅 I much prefer n3/n4 deathI welcome death at this point because I fear I am choking
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Since we're getting close-ish to time (not really I'm just impatient and avoiding taking a break from studying)
Clem, I would like to know if you still feel this way?
Dubz said a similar thing before her untimely death (RIP)
I can't help but wonder if this was a coincidence that they aligned with me since I'm commonly village read by wolves, or if it was a light attempt to pocket since I fell for PSV's village routine so quickly and completely in Hallowws 💀 (Which admittedly was working, since I still wasn't fully convinced of her wolfiness right up until she went over on D2). She even calls me out specifically for a read here, presumably hoping I'll push back against zenge since I voted him the first day:
Clem, I would like to know if you still feel this way?
Apop and Alissa are probably town via d1 vote stacks on zenge--that wagon is actually super interesting, with both psv and spurs on it indicating willingness to stack from the team, but I am usually willing to call the bluff that most mafia teams won't stack the whole team on one vote (a bet you almost always win)
Dubz said a similar thing before her untimely death (RIP)
Microread that PSV probably doesn't tag two packmates here
I can't remember if apop was already consensus not-wolf but I'm asserting that apop is not-wolf
I can't help but wonder if this was a coincidence that they aligned with me since I'm commonly village read by wolves, or if it was a light attempt to pocket since I fell for PSV's village routine so quickly and completely in Hallowws 💀 (Which admittedly was working, since I still wasn't fully convinced of her wolfiness right up until she went over on D2). She even calls me out specifically for a read here, presumably hoping I'll push back against zenge since I voted him the first day:
Studying is overrated. Werewolfing is forever.
How are you reading me? What way does Zenge's spiel make the wind blow?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
If you die tonight I've had fun playing with you! Endgame is always stressful (to me) but it's been a good time regardlessMy legacy is to flip a coin between apop and kitz and hope for the best
Night closed; results pending!
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Dead is @Clem J Village 1x Governor (Village Tourist + Mafia 1x Governor)
Roster
6. @kitzsuna
10. @alissa14
11. @apoptosis09
12. @Zenge142
It is now Day 5.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I don't know if I'm more disappointed that clem is dead or that I'm not
@kitzsuna @alissa14
Ordinarily in a situation like this, the “correct play” is to vote Sleep, and take it to final 3, since the extra night kill technically gives more information.
However in this particular instance, the optimal play is for me to role reveal:
I’m the Town Bloodhound.
wiki.mafiascum.net
I left breadcrumbs earlier to indicate this:
Last night I checked Apop. Apop is not town.
YEET APOPTOSIS
@Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush @kaydubs
Ordinarily in a situation like this, the “correct play” is to vote Sleep, and take it to final 3, since the extra night kill technically gives more information.
However in this particular instance, the optimal play is for me to role reveal:
I’m the Town Bloodhound.
Greater Idea Mafia/RolePMs
I left breadcrumbs earlier to indicate this:
I have a nose for village PSV.
This is why I had this complete 180 on PSV:I'm like a dog with a bone and I can't let it go.
Along with you and Samac. Probably PSV.
Which shocked people:
It’s why I had a 180 on Rae:*record scratch*
Say what?
Spurs and Rae are my two strongest wolf reads
Which even Rae didn’t understand:Rae?
Zenge is suddenly majorly confident I’m village after scum reading me which is great because I am village but what changed his tune
Last night I checked Apop. Apop is not town.
YEET APOPTOSIS
@Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush @kaydubs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 5 Yeet Tally
apop (1) - Zenge
1/4
yeet close in ~23.5 hours
apop (1) - Zenge
1/4
yeet close in ~23.5 hours
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Vote Zenge@kitzsuna @alissa14
Ordinarily in a situation like this, the “correct play” is to vote Sleep, and take it to final 3, since the extra night kill technically gives more information.
However in this particular instance, the optimal play is for me to role reveal:
I’m the Town Bloodhound.
![]()
Greater Idea Mafia/RolePMs
wiki.mafiascum.net
I left breadcrumbs earlier to indicate this:
This is why I had this complete 180 on PSV:
Which shocked people:
It’s why I had a 180 on Rae:
Which even Rae didn’t understand:
Last night I checked Apop. Apop is not town.
YEET APOPTOSIS
@Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush @kaydubs
I guessed you might be a seer of some kind
I don't really know why you're still alive today and everyone else seems town.
@Animal Midwife @Kaydubz @Dr. ForgotToFlush
I mean you killed Clem because of the Governor ability. That’s the obvious kill choice there. You can’t have that in endgame, if you’re scum.Vote Zenge
I guessed you might be a seer of some kind
I don't really know why you're still alive today and everyone else seems town.
@Animal Midwife @Kaydubz @Dr. ForgotToFlush
Given the 3 killing factions and only two kills each night, it wouldn’t surprise me if I was a previous kill choice attempt and it failed. Especially after PSV.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
No you have no ideaI mean you killed Clem because of the Governor ability. That’s the obvious kill choice there. You can’t have that in endgame, if you’re scum.
Given the 3 killing factions and only two kills each night, it wouldn’t surprise me if I was a previous kill choice attempt and it failed. Especially after PSV.
I tried to kill you TWICE
ALL 3 OF THE WOLF KILLS FAILED UNTIL LAST NIGHT
Genuinely shocked I made it this far bc I was surely toast from the beginning
Anyways
That was exhausting and I can never do that again 💀
Just out of curiosity, if we had voted sleep, who would you have taken to final 3?Vote Zenge
I guessed you might be a seer of some kind
I don't really know why you're still alive today and everyone else seems town.
@Animal Midwife @Kaydubz @Dr. ForgotToFlush
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Y'all got dealt the most skill issued wolf that ever wolfed fr
But gg regardless!
But gg regardless!
No you have no idea
I tried to kill you TWICE
ALL 3 OF THE WOLF KILLS FAILED UNTIL LAST NIGHT
Genuinely shocked I made it this far bc I was surely toast from the beginning
Anyways
That was exhausting and I can never do that again 💀
That gif 🤣No you have no idea
I tried to kill you TWICE
ALL 3 OF THE WOLF KILLS FAILED UNTIL LAST NIGHT
Genuinely shocked I made it this far bc I was surely toast from the beginning
Anyways
That was exhausting and I can never do that again 💀
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Probably you for lulz. Despite the urge to avenge my packmother for her untimely death.Just out of curiosity, if we had voted sleep, who would you have taken to final 3?
Also bc I was tossing up if you were a seer being heavily protected or a wolfproof-something
Might've killed alissa bc she was finally getting onto me. Or kitz to throw the scent. Who knows
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
This was me as a wolf fr
Losing my entire pack in 3 cycles while I hung myself like 5 times in the process was not something I thought I was going to recover from 😅
Losing my entire pack in 3 cycles while I hung myself like 5 times in the process was not something I thought I was going to recover from 😅
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Anyways
Unvote zenge
Vote Apop
Bc I need a nap
Unvote zenge
Vote Apop
Bc I need a nap
Yeet closed; results pending!
********
**********
**********
Final Day 5 Yeet Tally
apop (3) - Zenge, alissa, apop
Zenge () -
3/4
Missing: kitz
apop (3) - Zenge, alissa, apop
Zenge () -
3/4
Missing: kitz
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
THIS IS WILDALL 3 OF THE WOLF KILLS FAILED UNTIL LAST NIGHT
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
This was truly the most stressful game I've ever played. Y'all made it fun though!
And pro tip: if you ever catch apop making spreadsheets and doing isos ever again, you yeet that bitch immediately because she is up to No Good 💀
And pro tip: if you ever catch apop making spreadsheets and doing isos ever again, you yeet that bitch immediately because she is up to No Good 💀
I’ll give you credit, I would’ve been lost between you and kitz and also paranoid about zenge and Clem had I not done an ISO on you todayThis was me as a wolf fr
View attachment 412910
Losing my entire pack in 3 cycles while I hung myself like 5 times in the process was not something I thought I was going to recover from 😅
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
You're telling meTHIS IS WILD
I was basically a crappy villager the whole game 😂

