CHOOSE YOUR OWN IV - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ain’t voting nothing until closer to close then these first few days. Yall better not close the vote early otherwise imma be sad.
Voting close to close is a great way to make accidental hammers happen.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what I'm hearing is be careful that you're voting for someone you actually want yeeted and don't jump around too much between votes

That's how people tend to treat maj but I honestly don't change my vote strategy (except to check I'm not hammering accidentally) unless it's close to the end of the game and you're gonna hit it with like, two votes.
 
So what I'm hearing is be careful that you're voting for someone you actually want yeeted and don't jump around too much between votes
Yeah I mean just try and know what majority is (half the number of players +1) and how many votes there are, where you’re voting.

But also Scum can pile on quickly to hammer a misyeet, so some breathing room on a vote is always good
 
Yeah @Zenge142 this was specifically intended for you
I could tell.
1765224186483.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to hold my D1 vote until the very very EOD and I think the statistics show that my late D1 votes were more often correct than my earlier D1 votes were.

There’s a correlation there
 
Actually I should look into if I can get it
I haven't needed to get it in a really long time bc my titers have been so high, but I think it's generally VERY expensive for people to get out of pocket, and your insurance is unlikely to cover it without a good reason.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't needed to get it in a really long time bc my titers have been so high, but I think it's generally VERY expensive for people to get out of pocket, and your insurance is unlikely to cover it without a good reason.
Oh I have a good reason!

There was the whole incident in Michigan last year.

 
Mine wouldn't cover it unless it was post exposure. A rehabber told me if I ever went to the ER with a bite and said it was from a feral cat, they would be required to give it. I am not recommending that course of action, but it is true. I got mine through a random pharmacy benefit but had to drive to Vermont because pharmacists in Massachusetts aren't legally allowed to administer the rabies vaccine.
 
Oh I have a good reason!

There was the whole incident in Michigan last year.

This is also not the only time they've had patients contract rabies from organ transplants

I covered this is my public health elective last year and in our small animal medicine rabies lecture this year too.
 
but I think it's generally VERY expensive for people to get out of pocket, and your insurance is unlikely to cover it without a good reason.
My insurance paid for half of one of the rabies shots (I did the 2 shot series)...which is I guess better than nothing :shrug:
 
My insurance paid for half of one of the rabies shots (I did the 2 shot series)...which is I guess better than nothing :shrug:
I think my insurance covered it when I got it, but that was more than a decade ago and it was before I was heading off to Madagascar for several months, and my doctor still had to argue with them a fair amount to get it covered.
 
My insurance paid for half of one of the rabies shots (I did the 2 shot series)...which is I guess better than nothing :shrug:
Ugh. UMN made me do all three, even after offering a letter from my doctor stating that I would have to stop taking a critical medication for months to be able to receive the full series and the CDC recommendation is the two shot series.
 
I haven't needed to get it in a really long time bc my titers have been so high, but I think it's generally VERY expensive for people to get out of pocket, and your insurance is unlikely to cover it without a good reason.
yeah it was $450-$500 per dose for me, with two doses due at start of 1st year plus a booster and/or titer required at start of clinics 🥲 And I had insurance at the time (but it was United, so y’know…)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This isn’t really “AM Game” specific, as much as it’s “CHOOSE YOUR OWN” specific.

But yeah, vote can close at any point if there are enough votes.

Also called a “Hammer”. So if someone says “careful we don’t want to hammer”, they mean we want to get as much out of the cycle as we can and learn as much as we can with the time we have, rather than someone accidentally closing the cycle early.
The important thing to remember is that hammers are always good