This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otayfwend

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear people of the forum, I am asking for some much needed advice.

I have a 3.03 GPA in biochem but I do have a strong upward trend (3.45 and 3.8 in my last 2 semesters), and I still have one semester left.

I have a 508 on MCAT I wrote last summer.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any schools in both US or CAN (can be DO or MD) that like to see strong upward trends? I've used MSAR to narrow down some US MD schools but I still don't meet the lowest of the low GPA cut offs.

would DO be a better bet? (Do DO schools even accept Canadians?)

Thank you so much to whoever take a second to help me out!

Members don't see this ad.

Dear people of the forum, I am asking for some much needed advice.

I have a 3.03 GPA in biochem but I do have a strong upward trend (3.45 and 3.8 in my last 2 semesters), and I still have one semester left.

I have a 508 on MCAT I wrote last summer.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any schools in both US or CAN (can be DO or MD) that like to see strong upward trends? I've used MSAR to narrow down some US MD schools but I still don't meet the lowest of the low GPA cut offs.

would DO be a better bet? (Do DO schools even accept Canadians?)

Thank you so much to whoever take a second to help me out!
Yes, they do accept Canadian applicants. Another thread says that MSUCOM reserves 25 seats a class for Canadian applicants. I will do my best to find that thread and repost it on here. Good luck.

Edit: look up MSUCOM Canadian Initiative

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Last edited: