This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaulneedsDAThelp

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all!
I am applying this year. I have turned in my application. However, I did not realize one letter I receive from my Pre-dental society does not count as a committee letter until WesternU informed me about it. On AADSAS, there is this rule that I can only submit 1 committee letter and 1 individual letter. So, there is no way I can change the the committee letter to individual letter nor I can add another LOR request. I called AADSAS and they said the only way I can do it is to email individual schools. However, I checked some schools, like UCSF, they only want the LOR submitted through AADSAS. So, I am asking if anyone else encounter things like this and solved it somehow??? Thank you SO much!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• aadsas.png
    aadsas.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 48
If you called AADSAS and they said they can't do anything about it, your best bet would be to give each school a call and see what they say. Usually schools only want letters submitted through AADSAS, but they might make an exception since this was a mistake

Reactions: 1 user
If you called AADSAS and they said they can't do anything about it, your best bet would be to give each school a call and see what they say. Usually schools only want letters submitted through AADSAS, but they might make an exception since this was a mistake
thank you!

Hi y'all!
I am applying this year. I have turned in my application. However, I did not realize one letter I receive from my Pre-dental society does not count as a committee letter until WesternU informed me about it. On AADSAS, there is this rule that I can only submit 1 committee letter and 1 individual letter. So, there is no way I can change the the committee letter to individual letter nor I can add another LOR request. I called AADSAS and they said the only way I can do it is to email individual schools. However, I checked some schools, like UCSF, they only want the LOR submitted through AADSAS. So, I am asking if anyone else encounter things like this and solved it somehow??? Thank you SO much!

You can simply erase the request and create a new request. I had a similar problem and AADSAS told me to do this. This did not affect my application.