This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PaulneedsDAThelp

New Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all!
I am applying this year. I have turned in my application. However, I did not realize one letter I receive from my Pre-dental society does not count as a committee letter until WesternU informed me about it. On AADSAS, there is this rule that I can only submit 1 committee letter and 1 individual letter. So, there is no way I can change the the committee letter to individual letter nor I can add another LOR request. I called AADSAS and they said the only way I can do it is to email individual schools. However, I checked some schools, like UCSF, they only want the LOR submitted through AADSAS. So, I am asking if anyone else encounter things like this and solved it somehow??? Thank you SO much!
 

Attachments

  • aadsas.png
    aadsas.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 161
If you called AADSAS and they said they can't do anything about it, your best bet would be to give each school a call and see what they say. Usually schools only want letters submitted through AADSAS, but they might make an exception since this was a mistake
 
If you called AADSAS and they said they can't do anything about it, your best bet would be to give each school a call and see what they say. Usually schools only want letters submitted through AADSAS, but they might make an exception since this was a mistake
thank you!
 
Hi y'all!
I am applying this year. I have turned in my application. However, I did not realize one letter I receive from my Pre-dental society does not count as a committee letter until WesternU informed me about it. On AADSAS, there is this rule that I can only submit 1 committee letter and 1 individual letter. So, there is no way I can change the the committee letter to individual letter nor I can add another LOR request. I called AADSAS and they said the only way I can do it is to email individual schools. However, I checked some schools, like UCSF, they only want the LOR submitted through AADSAS. So, I am asking if anyone else encounter things like this and solved it somehow??? Thank you SO much!

You can simply erase the request and create a new request. I had a similar problem and AADSAS told me to do this. This did not affect my application.