Cell Bio in Fall or Spring before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bschaefer97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I plan on taking Cell Bio before the MCAT, for obvious reasons, but am not sure if it is as important to take as something like Biochemistry (I am taking the 2 semester Biochem I/II course). I just don't know if taking it in the Spring RIGHT before I take the MCAT would give enough time to study it while simultaneously studying everything else for the exam. The reason I wouldn't like to take it this Fall is because it conflicts with the better of 2 P Chem classes that I need to take as a co-req for biochem, so I figured I could just push it off til next semester. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Im studying for the MCAT right now and I've found that cell bio is helping so much! I would have to learn a lot of stuff about cell processes if I hadn't taken it. For MCAT I would say p chem is less important.

Im studying for the MCAT right now and I've found that cell bio is helping so much! I would have to learn a lot of stuff about cell processes if I hadn't taken it. For MCAT I would say p chem is less important.
Thanks for the input! I have to take P chem as a co-req for biochem, so it's kind of a package deal. :/ But I love chem so it shouldn't be too bad. Do you think it'd be better to take Cell Bio in Fall and then just mostly study in the Spring? I might just take some electives so I can spend most of my time studying anyway. Thanks again for your help!