This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddtru

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior graduating a year early with a BA in Chemistry but not a CA resident
I currently have a 3.64 cGPA and 3.58 sGPA and 3.53 BCP GPA
First year GPA: 3.49 with 18 credit hours both semesters and 12 additional for the summer (48 hours)
Second year GPA: 3.79 with 20 and 21 credits respectively followed by 12 additional summer credits (53 hours)
Currently taking 24 credits
DAT: 21AA PAT:21 RC:20 QR:25 BIO:19 OCHEM:23 GCHEM:22 TS:20 (slightly weak, but I really hope the rest of my app makes up for it)

Co-founded a non-profit organization to help underprivileged communities (100+ hours traveling and organizing)
120 hours of dental assisting at practice during 21 credit semester and continuing to work at practice now
40 hours orthodontic shadowing last winter
Additional 200 hours of GP shadowing two winters ago
Full time chemistry research assistant during summer - 40 hour weeks
Continuing research - Paper(s) to be published soon and presenting research at conference in November.
Former GChem TA - Current OChem TA
Also play clarinet for my wind symphony (if this helps with manual dexterity)
Submitted AADSAS pretty late, but under review as of 10/16

UoP is my top choice and hoping my hard work, dedication, and well-roundedness in academics, research, dentistry, and volunteer work will get me into my dream school and hope the work I put in as an undergraduate makes me a good enough applicant.

Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First of all, your stats are great and you should have a good shot at most schools.

Secondly, I understand one can have a dream school, but I hope you applied to many more (10-15). Even people with great stats aren't guaranteed an interview anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
First of all, your stats are great and you should have a good shot at most schools.

Secondly, I understand one can have a dream school, but I hope you applied to many more (10-15). Even people with great stats aren't guaranteed an interview anywhere.
Don't worry, I applied to 10 other schools :), its just that UoP is my TOP.

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you know if having an intense schedule helps? I feel like anyone going to UoP understands the workload is going to be A LOT with no breaks really and wondering if my workload was anything comparable.

Not sure about UOP specifically but I think any school can appreciate a heavy course load and the work ethic that goes with it.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile

Thanks, just got my interview invite today to Buffalo!

Reactions: 2 users
How do you handle taking 24 credits at once...? Isn't that 8 courses? If you can handle that, you're probably ready for any dental school, they will likely look favourably upon that, especially since you're maintaining a high GPA too

Wow, I feel like I have been slacking after reading your work load. I am wishing you the best of luck this application cycle. :)