xyzzz

Mar 25, 2017
  1. Medical Student
How quickly is the landscape of ob/gyn changing to become more lifestyle friendly? (ex. some hospitals have laborists, larger call groups)

(I am sorry if this has already been posted, I have looked around but have not found much/ the posts I have found are older)

Redpancreas

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I can't see how far in training you are so I apologize if you're an M3. From my rotation, OB/GYN was something I think people should go into only if they love it. In short they seemed miserable. Residency seems just below surgery. The only part I genuinely liked was GYN/ONC which is a 3 year fellowship to operate/remove/manage female pelvic tumors and had lots of job satisfaction. Everything else didn't seem that appealing from a medical student's POV and I didn't feel like many attending physicians liked it very much but I can't read their minds. My friend loved OB but she also wants a good lifestyle and she is considering FM w/ the condition that the residency she chooses provides strong OB/GYN or w/e training. Have you considered that? Hope you get some good answers from those interested!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.