Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha I never even knew what a pre-med committee was until SDN. So glad my school doesn't have one.
I'm kind of glad because I can submit I think 7 LORs, and they all are compiled into one nice letter.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha I never even knew what a pre-med committee was until SDN. So glad my school doesn't have one.
Hi '16🙂 What's shakin?
Hi '16🙂 What's shakin?
Seems like the worst part is waiting for the application to open! I'm booored with my life right now... 😀I really think the MCAT is the worst part of this whole thing. Second is waiting for your MCAT scores, and third is waiting for your first interview. Fourth is waiting for your first acceptance 😀
You guys will all get there. This thing is all about wanting it badly and working even when you're tired. You can do it!!!
Nah....cause you know what it all will look like. You could pre-write it if you really wanted to🙂 You could also pre-write a bunch of secondaries right now too. A lot of them don't change. And even if they do, you can recycle a LOT of material.Seems like the worst part is waiting for the application to open! I'm booored with my life right now... 😀
I remember when I used to say **** like this 😛.Seems like the worst part is waiting for the application to open! I'm booored with my life right now... 😀
Last week of princeton review course this week. Then I will have about 10 weeks in which I will become a hermit in my schools library only to venture out when I need to work,volunteer, and maybe eat while I study for my June 16th test date. I guess I'll throw in my personal statement writing and LOR requesting in there somehow.
I swear, this MCAT has got to be the worst part of the application process, I don't see how secondaries or personal statements could be any worse

the worst part is trying to study for the mcat but you cant because of classes the and bunch of bs assignments they give you. this whole day, I've say at my desk trying to write this paper for english when I could have popped my physics 1001 book and practiced some problems dealing with projectile motion. 😡
I wish I could throw my comp. at my professor![]()
Definitely true. I've done most of the prewriting, and even a couple of secondaries. I stopped with the secondaries because I feel like such a gunner 😛Nah....cause you know what it all will look like. You could pre-write it if you really wanted to🙂 You could also pre-write a bunch of secondaries right now too. A lot of them don't change. And even if they do, you can recycle a LOT of material.
Hehe... I acknowledge my ignorance. I actually think that traveling around for interviews will be one of the worst parts for me, though. I would prefer not to travel alone.I remember when I used to say **** like this 😛.
Doing great. How are you?Hi peeps! How's everyone doing?

I want to finish 2 chapters (scan DNA stuff and learn microbio) today and do a bunch of physics 1001! yay!Who wants to rewrite my PS for me? 😀
I have to find time to do this too 🙁 Met with someone on my State Med's ADCOM. The person told me "rip it up and write more about ____". So much for the draft I've constantly updated and worked on for the last four years >.<
4 years? Geez.I have to find time to do this too 🙁 Met with someone on my State Med's ADCOM. The person told me "rip it up and write more about ____". So much for the draft I've constantly updated and worked on for the last four years >.<
Who else is just planning on writing and editing their ps in a couple of days? I'm too lazy to spend months working on one paper lol
UCI, not for any particular reason. One of them is a diversity essay, though, which I think I'll get a lot of use out of later. 👍What school did you do it for?
And here I am getting drunk with my friends while surfing SDN. What is wrong with me? And then, I find this stupid thread. I love it!!! I hope we all get in and have a freaking HUGE party!!!!!!!!!!!Opps! sorry, had too many shots!
And here I am getting drunk with my friends while surfing SDN. What is wrong with me? And then, I find this stupid thread. I love it!!! I hope we all get in and have a freaking HUGE party!!!!!!!!!!!Opps! sorry, had too many shots!
Had an awful hangover today....wasn't productive until about 7pm haha. I hate when that happens
No parties for me, instead I'm holed up in my room coughing my life away as I am sick for what seems like the 1000th time.
Sorry to hear that dude, hope you feel better soon!
Is anyone else counting down the days til AMCAS opens? (25 by the way, haha). I'm such a loser, I know it's going to be boring and tedious to fill out but I'm really excited anyway 🙄
Is anyone else counting down the days til AMCAS opens? (25 by the way, haha). I'm such a loser, I know it's going to be boring and tedious to fill out but I'm really excited anyway 🙄
Still haven't started on the personal statement at all, hopefully it won't be bad, just one page double spaced right?
Mine's at the character limit (5300), and it's 900 words, 2.5 pages double spaced. But you can definitely make it shorter, I'm not sure one page would be enough though.
last year it let you login in May. Is that not the case this year?It's so hard to "get in the mood" to rewrite my PS. It really sucks that we can't log in early like last year and pre-fill in our application.
The character limit is 5300 now? No way, that's nuts.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.