You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Started by Arjuna
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ah, it's going to be such a pain to balance this stuff with apps. Hopefully we'll have some acceptances by the end of the fall semester so we can focus on senior design in the spring.
Apparently the BME's here who got accepted just said "eff it" during senior design and did bare minimum. left the job to the industry and grad future kids

dammmit! i wanted top!
Well, my posts will bring up another opportunity very shortly.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm reading this girls blog... she turned down NYMC, Wayne, MCW for Oakland.... I'm getting really excited about this school.
🙂
you get a chance to hear my story brah
So I'm reading this girls blog... she turned down NYMC, Wayne, MCW for Oakland.... I'm getting really excited about this school.
🙂
What were her stats like?
Apparently the BME's here who got accepted just said "eff it" during senior design and did bare minimum. left the job to the industry and grad future kids![]()
lol.
The rule here is that if you're not doing industry, pick the "easiest" (read: boring) project possible.
i just want to save money and go on a trip.
Whoa, that was big.
you get a chance to hear my story brah
Oh snap!!!! How was the interview??? I completely forgot. My apologies.
lol.
The rule here is that if you're not doing industry, pick the "easiest" (read: boring) project possible.
i think thats the unspoken rule here when we fill out the questionnaire to put us in groups


Oh snap!!!! How was the interview??? I completely forgot. My apologies.
It's buried about 5-6 pages back

tl;dr - it went well, apparently
Oh snap!!!! How was the interview??? I completely forgot. My apologies.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11344961#post11344961
What were her stats like?
I'm not sure, they must have been good... she got a scholarship at OUWB.
http://www.amandaxi.com/2011/06/numbers-and-impressions.html
i think thats the unspoken rule here when we fill out the questionnaire to put us in groups![]()
We have to take the Briggs-Meyer test. They sort us into groups based on that.
Do you actually get to pick your own group?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure, they must have been good... she got a scholarship at OUWB.
http://www.amandaxi.com/2011/06/numbers-and-impressions.html
I want merit scholarships plz.
So I'm reading this girls blog... she turned down NYMC, Wayne, MCW for Oakland.... I'm getting really excited about this school.
🙂
As you should be.
We have to take the Briggs-Meyer test. They sort us into groups based on that.
Do you actually get to pick your own group?
Yes and no. We fill out a questionaire that asks us our class schedule, what we do outside of class to see how much time we can commit. etc. Then they put us in groups. Usually not with friends. that way its not like Risk or Zelda 4 swords Adventure where you ruin friendships
Found them... she was a 31Q/3.8 Engineering major.
Yes and no. We fill out a questionaire that asks us our class schedule, what we do outside of class to see how much time we can commit. etc. Then they put us in groups. Usually not with friends. that way its not like Risk or Zelda 4 swords Adventure where you ruin friendships
I can't play Risk anymore. Literally can't be friends with anyone who beats me at that game.
Hopefully I get paired in a group with a bunch of hard workers

And yes, I can't sleep. I'll pull an all-nighter into work, eff it.
As you should be.
hahahaha oakland guy. you're turning into me... you no sleep?
Found them... she was a 31Q/3.8 Engineering major.
And Asian, too, by the looks of it.
Suddenly my prospects seem brighter!
And yes, I can't sleep. I'll pull an all-nighter into work, eff it.
Practice for residency.
Pre-pre-pre-pre-studying.
lololol.
Were you a pre-med religious studies major, or was that a career change you decided on later?
I actually started off as a Biology premed student. Then I started taking some classes in a Humanities field to finish my elective requirements for graduation. I enjoyed those classes so much that I decided to pick up a Humanities minor. As I took more science classes, I decided to drop Bio altogether. I really love Bio, but I think I just had bad luck picking professors or something because I didn't feel very engaged in those classes (they would just read off the Powerpoint word-for-word). Also there was too much cheating going in those classes, which is inevitable when you have 200+ students in an auditorium. I was tired of people asking "Will this be on the test?" instead of the meaningful, thought-provoking questions that my classmates asked in my Humanities courses. The atmosphere was not very conducive to my learning, so I am actually now majoring in two Humanities fields; Religious Studies is one of them.
I'm not sure, they must have been good... she got a scholarship at OUWB.
http://www.amandaxi.com/2011/06/numbers-and-impressions.html
For one year Oakland University gave more money in undergraduate financial aid than Harvard. Just saying.
Found them... she was a 31Q/3.8 Engineering major.
2/3 aint bad here
. Lets just replace that with "URM"And yes, I can't sleep. I'll pull an all-nighter into work, eff it.
Atta boy!
And Asian, too, by the looks of it.
Suddenly my prospects seem brighter!
You'll be fineeeeee
Practice for residency.
Pre-pre-pre-pre-studying.
Gunner training.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually started off as a Biology premed student. Then I started taking some classes in a Humanities field to finish my elective requirements for graduation. I enjoyed those classes so much that I decided to pick up a Humanities minor. As I took more science classes, I decided to drop Bio altogether. I really love Bio, but I think I just had bad luck picking professors or something because I didn't feel very engaged in those classes (they would just read off the Powerpoint word-for-word). Also there was too much cheating going in those classes, which is inevitable when you have 200+ students in an auditorium. I was tired of people asking "Will this be on the test?" instead of the meaningful, thought-provoking questions that my classmates asked in my Humanities courses. The atmosphere was not very conducive to my learning, so I am actually now majoring in two Humanities fields; Religious Studies is one of them.
The problem with having GPA as a metric:
Students care more about their grade than learning. Oh well.
For one year Oakland University gave more money in undergraduate financial aid than Harvard. Just saying.
If I get a sick scholarship, no matter where it is... I'm down.
Why? Cuz debt sucks. I don't wanna have to graduate and worry about paying stuff back.
2/3 aint bad here. Lets just replace that with "URM"
omg URM apply to Harvard --> acceptance.
Just kidding

I can't play Risk anymore. Literally can't be friends with anyone who beats me at that game.
Hopefully I get paired in a group with a bunch of hard workers![]()
Yea...that game and Zelda 4 swords adventure for the GameCube destroys friendships.
just made one of those like 20 minutes ago minus the banana
Yea...that game and Zelda 4 swords adventure for the GameCube destroys friendships.
It doesn't help that Risk takes 100000 hours to finish.
So much emotional investment for so little reward

just made one of those like 20 minutes ago minus the banana
I see "banana" and the first thing that comes to mind is a sex joke.
I think I have problems.
If I get a sick scholarship, no matter where it is... I'm down.
Why? Cuz debt sucks. I don't wanna have to graduate and worry about paying stuff back.
Move to Texas --> IS tuition --> bank.
ugh, i'm trying to hammer out my 2 Touro essays then I'm all caught up with my secondaries!
I have one secondary outstanding... hasn't been sent to me. Other than that.... I'm doneeeeeee
CB pick my brain some more about OU if you want.
Texas = no income tax = bank.
Texas = no income tax = bank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Move to Texas --> IS tuition --> bank.
Texas? No thanks!
I see "banana" and the first thing that comes to mind is a sex joke.
I think I have problems.

LOL. Unintentional Top!
I have one secondary outstanding... hasn't been sent to me. Other than that.... I'm doneeeeeee
Same here. Uof Minn doesnt send stuff till later. DamnMS/MD programs.
I have one secondary outstanding... hasn't been sent to me. Other than that.... I'm doneeeeeee
This is gonna make you feel like garbage. I got a second e-mail from Wayne today.
CB pick my brain some more about OU if you want.
Texas = no income tax = bank.
Property taxes are so annoying, though 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 587