Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
now that we have class of 2017 thread, i just want to say class of 2018 is going down. gunners :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Wooh! We hit six-pages! Courtesy of ozzi, who also told us we were going down.

This.Means.War.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wooh! We hit six-pages! Courtesy of ozzi, who also told us we were going down.

This.Means.War.

Agreed. He just better remember that these "gunners" had a nice head start on the road to victory!

Oh and 6 pages :love:

WE CANNOT FALL ONTO PAGE TWO! :O

Only a little bump.

No we can't! Ughhh, I have volunteer in the morning at 8:30 at the free clinic, but I reallly don't want to go. Maybe when I'm a little bit more rested I'll be hyped

Wolfman, are you in the Class of 2018? Your MDapps says you're applying in about a year...?

Wolfman, are you in the Class of 2018? Your MDapps says you're applying in about a year...?

Yeah...that was when my most recent semester was on track for a better academic performance. I realized that I had to go do a post-bacc to bring up my gpa, so hence I will be applying in two years.

Yeah...that was when my most recent semester was on track for a better academic performance. I realized that I had to go do a post-bacc to bring up my gpa, so hence I will be applying in two years.

Is your GPA that bad? Either way, I'm honored to be in the same class as you

So, I skipped out on that free clinic thing I have this morning. Am I a bad person?

Is your GPA that bad? Either way, I'm honored to be in the same class as you

So, I skipped out on that free clinic thing I have this morning. Am I a bad person?

Yea. I'll be brutally honest. Currently it is a 2.96 in others words I screwed up royally.

says the guy in trouble with the mods :laugh:

I missed something...

I hope we hit 8 pages soon :love: As I said earlier in the thread, 8 is my lucky number. Anyone else have lucky numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
says the guy in trouble with the mods :laugh:

Lol, it was for that "America F*ck Yeah" youtube video I posted on the july 4th thread :rolleyes:

Go figure Mods would **** a brick over that

Yea. I'll be brutally honest. Currently it is a 2.96 in others words I screwed up royally.

It is never too late my friend. We all (especially me) just have to buckle down, gird our loins, roll up our sleeves and do some work

I missed something...

I hope we hit 8 pages soon :love: As I said earlier in the thread, 8 is my lucky number. Anyone else have lucky numbers?

Hmmm, I guess mine would have to be 5. It was the same number I used for every sport I play as a wee kid

Lol, it was for that "America F*ck Yeah" youtube video I posted on the july 4th thread :rolleyes:

Hah bummer. I created that thread and just got a little slap on the wrist for it. What doesn't get you banned makes you stronger, I say.

EDIT: Oh and btw c/o 2017 just left you all in the dust.

If this is a second account, I would advise that you delete it and wait out whatever punishment the Mod gave you.

It is never too late my friend. We all (especially me) just have to buckle down, gird our loins, roll up our sleeves and do some work

From here on out I vow to work harder. I have a dream and nothing, except myself.

I missed something...

My lucky number would have to be 9.

Hah bummer. I created that thread and just got a little slap on the wrist for it. What doesn't get you banned makes you stronger, I say.

EDIT: Oh and btw c/o 2017 just left you all in the dust.

We need to change that. I think wolfman and I should find a time to both be on SDN and post up a storm ;)

I miss Doc of the Walk :( When does he get to come back?

We need to change that. I think wolfman and I should find a time to both be on SDN and post up a storm ;)

I miss Doc of the Walk :( When does he get to come back?

Maybe that time is now Squishe.

I'm Game!

You going to watch the new Harry potter movie?

I'm Game!

You going to watch the new Harry potter movie?

Probably not. I haven't even seen the 5th, 6th, and the 7th part I either. I'm kinda Harry Pottered out. I didn't even read book 7. Instead I had my sister tell me what happened. :laugh:

The biggest thing I was looking forward too out of Hollywood this year was the premier of Season 1 of Game of Thrones on HBO. I've read all the books in that series multiple times.

LOL never heard of it.

I am a huge Harry potter freak. I have had to try very hard to to give away any spoilers when talking about the series.

I preordered tickets for the midnight premere...now I just have to find something nerdy to wear :laugh:

Looks like something to add to my summer reading list along with a few blogs I ran across. I also want to get through the "Thing I learned from my pts" thread in the emergency medicine area

Looks like something to add to my summer reading list along with a few blogs I ran across. I also want to get through the "Thing I learned from my pts" thread in the emergency medicine area

If you want a good blog, try schorrmore. I love her blog!

I'll definately take a look in a second :)

You avatar change totally through me off lol

Right now I am reading http://www.agraphia.net/ Has anything really jumped out at you yet?

Last edited:
:idea: It is 3:49 on the east coast...and I am still wide awake...this may be a problem lol

Then you probably have a lot more steam left then I do!

On that note I think I need to get a wake up snack lol. Ohhhh the choices!

Once we get this to seven pages, sign off and go to sleep lol. You need your beauty sleep to keep kickin' a** on SDN!

I can make up the sleep tomorrow. I have nothing to do with my life until the 11th. Until then I will troll SDN.

On a funny note, I found this on the blog I meantioned a few post ago:

July 2006

Monthly Archive

Mon 31 Jul 2006
Nair

Posted by Zac under Best Of , Medicine Subscribe!
[13] Comments
So they say that pediatrics is more about the parents than the kids. I guess I chalked that up to hyperbole.
Good lord was I wrong.
The very first couple that I saw were bringing in their first baby (5 weeks old). The kid was absolutely adorable. Mom and Dad pounced on Dr. B like a hawk the second he walked in. Now, I’d like to point out a couple of things before I continue this story.
1) The dad is a doctor.
2) The mom is a (high powered) lawyer.
3) This is the kind of couple that can handle the running of a small country, survive shipwrecked on a deserted island, or find the cure for cancer. They were that smart.
They brought their baby in because of a rash. The conversation transpired as follows.
Dr. B: So this rash came on about a week ago?
Mom: Yes, probably 8 days or so.
Dad: She also has colic. I perform these maneuvers (he proceeds to show us a series of extremely painful-looking movements on the baby. She looks extremely unhappy) to help expel the flatulence from her rectum.
Dr. B: And where did you pick those up?
Dad: Oh, we use them in my practice. They’re pretty standard (the baby begins to cry). Honey, do you want to tell him about the hair?
Mom: Oh… I freaked out because she had little soft downy hairs all over her shoulder, back, and forehead. I don’t want her to look like a caveman.
Dad interjects: Y’see, doc, the women on my side of the family… I don’t know if you noticed, but I’m Indian (he’s very obviously Indian) and they all have really awful facial hair. It’s pretty gross.
Mom: Yeah, I figured I’d nip it in the bud… and so I used Nair all over her.
Dad: But that’s not why we’re here. We’re wondering what’s causing her rash.

Uncomfortably long pause.

Dr. B: It’s probably the Nair.
Somehow I managed to stop from giggling. I love medicine.

HAHA well I definately need the eats advice. My tummy is rumbling and I still have not desided on a suitable snack!

Maybe I should start a thread that says "If I eat ice cream does that mean I have no chance at getting into medical school?" Or better yet "Can I put eating down as a hobby on my application?"

Then again I don't want to make the Mods angery :(

HAHA well I definately need the eats advice. My tummy is rumbling and I still have not desided on a suitable snack!

Maybe I should start a thread that says "If I eat ice cream does that mean I have no chance at getting into medical school?" Or better yet "Can I put eating down as a hobby on my application?"

Then again I don't want to make the Mods angery :(

:laugh: @ the spacing. Someone really wants to get to page 7. :laugh:

Well if the whole transcontinental distance thingy wasn't a problem I would offer my services as a chef.

Eating is a good hobby, but so is sleeping, which happens to be my hobby. :laugh::thumbup: and of course. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

:laugh: @ the spacing. Someone really wants to get to page 7. :laugh:

Well if the whole transcontinental distance thingy wasn't a problem I would offer my services as a chef.

Eating is a good hobby, but so is sleeping, which happens to be my hobby. :laugh::thumbup: and of course. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Ahhhh the shameless spaceing is shameless :D

I think I may actually put eating and sleeping down as hobbies. Maybe I can get a few laughs!

I wish you did not live so far away! Food is always better when someone else makes it!

Ahhhh the shameless spaceing is shameless :D

I think I may actually put eating and sleeping down as hobbies. Maybe I can get a few laughs!

I wish you did not live so far away! Food is always better when someone else makes it!

Well maybe in Fall 2014 we will be going to the same med school and I will be able to show off my mad skills.

Well maybe in Fall 2014 we will be going to the same med school and I will be able to show off my mad skills.

If we are the same school I will hold you to that!

I have always wanted to learn how to make fried rice and crab ragoon. I have a bit of a sweet spot when it comes to chinese food :love:

If we are the same school I will hold you to that!

I have always wanted to learn how to make fried rice and crab ragoon. I have a bit of a sweet spot when it comes to chinese food :love:

I've done fried rice in various forms (usually with shrimp or pork), making my own sauce. I have never done a ragoon dish.

Even bigger Hero for noticing I am a girl :D

I am one of those one hit wonder type of cooks. I only know how to make a couple of dishes, but those I can make, I make very well. My signature dish is Chicken ala king (minus the peas, peas are gross).

Even bigger Hero for noticing I am a girl :D

I am one of those one hit wonder type of cooks. I only know how to make a couple of dishes, but those I can make, I make very well. My signature dish is Chicken ala king (minus the peas, peas are gross).

Lol, it's not that hard to tell.

Well you had better find a man who can cook for you. *hint* *hint* :laugh:

:D Hint taken lol

I have a boyfriend, who I must say cannot cook. At all. Nothing. I'm still wondering how that is going to work out in med school. I know a lot of couples end up breaking up and dating people in their own class because they never see anyone else lol

:D Hint taken lol

I have a boyfriend, who I must say cannot cook. At all. Nothing. I'm still wondering how that is going to work out in med school. I know a lot of couples end up breaking up and dating people in their own class because they never see anyone else lol

Lol, its all good, I'm the Happy Bachelor TM haha

That's what I have heard.

Also I am posting this before someone else inevitably does.

6a5731ada65976a.jpg

That is really cute! Don't worry, any guy that can cook will never stay single for long!

You'd be surprised :rolleyes:

Not that I am that bitter about it, just cynical about the whole relationship/dating scene.

Besides being a bachelor has perks, like being able to watch sports whenever I want and etc.