You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by Doc of the Walk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well said, us 2018-ers are better than that.
Have you shadowed anyone yet?
I have 8 hours. Nothing to special in that department.
I remember a post from one user how they went around a hosiptal and asked every office if they had MD's willing to do shadowing. I want to do something like that but quite a bit more selective. 🙂
Where are you at Shadowing wise?
Last edited:
I want to do some EM stuff too. Maybe not so much the OB/GYn.
So far, just some Radiologist. I hear that Family Medicine is almost like an unoffical requirement in the shadowing dept. but I just have no interest in becoming one. But I want to shadow a Cardiologist, EM, and mayyybe some General Surgery
So far, just some Radiologist. I hear that Family Medicine is almost like an unoffical requirement in the shadowing dept. but I just have no interest in becoming one. But I want to shadow a Cardiologist, EM, and mayyybe some General Surgery
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to do some EM stuff too. Maybe not so much the OB/GYn.
So far, just some Radiologist. I hear that Family Medicine is almost like an unoffical requirement in the shadowing dept. but I just have no interest in becoming one. But I want to shadow a Cardiologist, EM, and mayyybe some General Surgery
Those sound like good shadows. I could do general surgry about as much as you can do OB/GYN! Don't discount FM to quickly though. I enjoyed my shadowing. PCPs have a unique relationship with their pts. I was really cool to see the MD and pts interact. I felt like I was watching two old friends talking everytime I walked into the room.
Wooooh! Welcome to the club friend. I think that makes it like 4 people now
Wooooh! Welcome to the club friend. I think that makes it like 4 people now
HAHA
.....That statement makes me feel like a loser 🙁On the brightside, we have plenty of time on our hands. I have a feeling that by the time out cycle is over with, that this thread will be pretty long!
HAHA.....That statement makes me feel like a loser 🙁
On the brightside, we have plenty of time on our hands. I have a feeling that by the time out cycle is over with, that this thread will be pretty long!
Haha nonsense! We do have a lottt of time though. Even though for me, the summer has gone by really fast. It will be July in just a couple of days

And then the second year will begin...
Third year for me 😀
i actually just finished my sophomore year and am only short of 2 classes from finishing all of my prerequisits but probably will spend another semester therefore delaying my application for one year. Did you guys start your Ec, volunteer, shadowing yet? I have zero EC but I have been working at a nursing home, pharmacy, and dry cleaners.

Third year for me 😀
Fourth year for me. Then it's time for a two year long post-bacc program. So I'll be the old(er) guy in of y'alls classes.

Fourth year for me. Then it's time for a two year long post-bacc program. So I'll be the old(er) guy in of y'alls classes.![]()
Better late then never my friend 😀
Better late then never my friend 😀
Exactly. And besides being older and wiser has its benefits.

I think I belong in this thread.
You guys won't know for like 2.5 years.... 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is never too late! Unless your'e dead, but even that is a minor detour.
@SN1
I have started some EC's this summer. I will probably continue these until college and maybe I can pick up a few more minimal ones along the way. I have only shadowed a Radiologist, and while that was really cool, I want to do a Cardiologist, E.M. and possibly some General Surgery.
Its happening man, just accept it
@SN1
I have started some EC's this summer. I will probably continue these until college and maybe I can pick up a few more minimal ones along the way. I have only shadowed a Radiologist, and while that was really cool, I want to do a Cardiologist, E.M. and possibly some General Surgery.
You guys won't know for like 2.5 years.... 😕
Its happening man, just accept it
SN1 said:How are you guys' grades so far and what prereqs have yall completed?
No grades, this is summer! 🙂 But I did bio, some math, and chem last year. Organic and physics coming up, and I thought I might try to knock out either biochem, English, or stats next summer. Trying to keep as many of the options open as I can. 🙂
Doc of the Walk said:Well said, us 2018-ers are better than that.
Have you shadowed anyone yet?
I wish my job schedule would let me shadow this neurosurgeon (which sounds so awesome), but I think I have to delay until February break when my schedule is more open and I can work around his. 🙁
No grades, this is summer! 🙂 But I did bio, some math, and chem last year. Organic and physics coming up, and I thought I might try to knock out either biochem, English, or stats next summer. Trying to keep as many of the options open as I can. 🙂
I wish my job schedule would let me shadow this neurosurgeon (which sounds so awesome), but I think I have to delay until February break when my schedule is more open and I can work around his. 🙁
LOL I agree. We should be enjoying summer and stop talking about school.

How are you guys' grades so far and what prereqs have yall completed?
My grades are okay/low. I had a strong first semester but my second semester really brought me down.
So Far my pre-reqs are as follows:
Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A
Bio 151- B
Chem- C 🙁
Chem Lab- C 😡 (this score was complete bullcrap, but I shall avenge my self)
No grades, this is summer! 🙂 But I did bio, some math, and chem last year. Organic and physics coming up, and I thought I might try to knock out either biochem, English, or stats next summer. Trying to keep as many of the options open as I can. 🙂
I wish my job schedule would let me shadow this neurosurgeon (which sounds so awesome), but I think I have to delay until February break when my schedule is more open and I can work around his. 🙁
I'll probably have to do this too. I got lucky last summer when I didn't really have a job and I could be extremely flexible. But now, I'm as flexible as Aerogel (look it up, its sooo cool)
LOL I agree. We should be enjoying summer and stop talking about school.![]()
Yeah, though my summer is already halfway over! I believe my fall classes start August 23rdbut.....................wait..........................2018???😱
I'm going to use this gif every time someone doubts us
Is this common? I made a B in pre-cal but an A in Calc I as well.My grades are okay/low. I had a strong first semester but my second semester really brought me down.
So Far my pre-reqs are as follows:
Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A
Bio 151- B
Chem- C 🙁
Chem Lab- C 😡 (this score was complete bullcrap, but I shall avenge my self)
Is this common? I made a B in pre-cal but an A in Calc I as well.
Very common and in fact BETTER.
My brother got the same exact grades. B in precalc and an A in Calc. A lot of my friends also said that Calc I is easier than precalc. I think precalc is where the the algebra is the toughest.
Calc I on the other hand, is like an intro class. Limits, derivatives, integrals, and other new concepts are fairly introductory in this class.
Last edited:
My grades are okay/low. I had a strong first semester but my second semester really brought me down.
So Far my pre-reqs are as follows:
Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A
Bio 151- B
Chem- C 🙁
Chem Lab- C 😡 (this score was complete bullcrap, but I shall avenge my self)
I'll probably have to do this too. I got lucky last summer when I didn't really have a job and I could be extremely flexible. But now, I'm as flexible as Aerogel (look it up, its sooo cool)
Yeah, though my summer is already halfway over! I believe my fall classes start August 23rd
![]()
I'm going to use this gif every time someone doubts us
Not too bad for your first year.
I was lucky too this past spring. I did NOT have to work but was taking orgo II, physics I, calc I, and a computer class. I couldn't find a job until the end of June and now am working 40 hrs a week 🙁
Not too bad for your first year.
I was lucky too this past spring. I did NOT have to work but was taking orgo II, physics I, calc I, and a computer class. I couldn't find a job until the end of June and now am working 40 hrs a week 🙁
Thanks, it could be worse, but it could have been a lot better. Yeah, I didn't work the first semester a whole lot but I did for the second. I think I'm going to scale back my hours seeing how school is my main job.
Though we shall see what doors open up when I get my EMT cert
Class of 2020 sounds SO much better than class of 2018!
HAHA thats what you think!
Hopefully I'll be joining you all! 🙂
hopefully i'll be joining you all! 🙂
😀
Don't know why the smilie keeps changing 🙁
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping this thread would spark a c/o 2017 thread...
We're overdue people!
You guys are laggin so far behind, I may overlap you Mario Kart StyleHopefully I'll be joining you all! 🙂
Woooooh! Welcome to the club man 😀
Join the conversation, Have you done any EC's yet? How are your grades?
Hey can someone make the official Class of 2055 thread? I'm planning on having my first kid in 2030 and forcing him/her to go to med school and theyre going to need some neurotic pre-med (probably false) advice. Thanks.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/YOUTUBE]
Funneh
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/YOUTUBE]
Funneh
Almost as 'funneh' as this thread.... Just kidding this one is so much more hilarious.
Well, my MD apps page kind of says everything I hope🙂You guys are laggin so far behind, I may overlap you Mario Kart Style
Woooooh! Welcome to the club woman 😀
Join the conversation, Have you done any EC's yet? How are your grades?
D'oh! I didn't even see that. You are looking pretty good so far! Any schools you really want to go to?
Realistically, I would be more than happy with MCG but my dream/reach school would be Emory.D'oh! I didn't even see that. You are looking pretty good so far! Any schools you really want to go to?
The radiologist had an guy in his residency who went to Emory. My In-state school is UVa while for my OOS school, I've always wanted to go to UMiami.
Hot girls in bikinis +beach +med school = dream come true
Hot girls in bikinis +beach +med school = dream come true
I guess il jump in this thread as well. I'm about to be a sophomore in Biology! What What!😎
What What! (in the butt). Welcome to the club mate
My instate school should be obvious, but I am going go out of state to a formal post-bacc program. Hopefully I will be able to get residency in that state.
Which state are you going to?
Which state are you going to?
Hopefully Oregon.
Dangit. this was going to be my year but I gotta do an extra year of UG. 2019? woo...what an ugly number :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dangit. this was going to be my year but I gotta do an extra year of UG. 2019? woo...what an ugly number :/
An extra year just means that you will be older and more mature and better able to handle med school.
Dangit. this was going to be my year but I gotta do an extra year of UG. 2019? woo...what an ugly number :/
🙁
An extra year just means that you will be older and more mature and better able to handle med school.
And wrinkles 👎
wow...in 2018, kids who were born in 2000 will be 18 :O wasn't 2000 like yesterday?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 586