Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well said, us 2018-ers are better than that.

Have you shadowed anyone yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I have 8 hours. Nothing to special in that department.

I remember a post from one user how they went around a hosiptal and asked every office if they had MD's willing to do shadowing. I want to do something like that but quite a bit more selective. :)

Where are you at Shadowing wise?

Last edited:
I want to do some EM stuff too. Maybe not so much the OB/GYn.

So far, just some Radiologist. I hear that Family Medicine is almost like an unoffical requirement in the shadowing dept. but I just have no interest in becoming one. But I want to shadow a Cardiologist, EM, and mayyybe some General Surgery

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to do some EM stuff too. Maybe not so much the OB/GYn.

So far, just some Radiologist. I hear that Family Medicine is almost like an unoffical requirement in the shadowing dept. but I just have no interest in becoming one. But I want to shadow a Cardiologist, EM, and mayyybe some General Surgery

Those sound like good shadows. I could do general surgry about as much as you can do OB/GYN! Don't discount FM to quickly though. I enjoyed my shadowing. PCPs have a unique relationship with their pts. I was really cool to see the MD and pts interact. I felt like I was watching two old friends talking everytime I walked into the room.

I am actually surprised that this thread got any traction, considering I have yet to see a Class of 2017 thread.

I think I belong in this thread.

Wooooh! Welcome to the club friend. I think that makes it like 4 people now

Wooooh! Welcome to the club friend. I think that makes it like 4 people now

HAHA :laugh:.....That statement makes me feel like a loser :(

On the brightside, we have plenty of time on our hands. I have a feeling that by the time out cycle is over with, that this thread will be pretty long!

HAHA :laugh:.....That statement makes me feel like a loser :(

On the brightside, we have plenty of time on our hands. I have a feeling that by the time out cycle is over with, that this thread will be pretty long!

Haha nonsense! We do have a lottt of time though. Even though for me, the summer has gone by really fast. It will be July in just a couple of days :scared:

And then the second year will begin...

i actually just finished my sophomore year and am only short of 2 classes from finishing all of my prerequisits but probably will spend another semester therefore delaying my application for one year. Did you guys start your Ec, volunteer, shadowing yet? I have zero EC but I have been working at a nursing home, pharmacy, and dry cleaners.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
It is never too late! Unless your'e dead, but even that is a minor detour.

@SN1

I have started some EC's this summer. I will probably continue these until college and maybe I can pick up a few more minimal ones along the way. I have only shadowed a Radiologist, and while that was really cool, I want to do a Cardiologist, E.M. and possibly some General Surgery.

You guys won't know for like 2.5 years.... :confused:

W3iuo.gif

Its happening man, just accept it

How are you guys' grades so far and what prereqs have yall completed :laugh:?

SN1 said:
How are you guys' grades so far and what prereqs have yall completed :laugh: ?

No grades, this is summer! :) But I did bio, some math, and chem last year. Organic and physics coming up, and I thought I might try to knock out either biochem, English, or stats next summer. Trying to keep as many of the options open as I can. :)

Doc of the Walk said:

I wish my job schedule would let me shadow this neurosurgeon (which sounds so awesome), but I think I have to delay until February break when my schedule is more open and I can work around his. :(

No grades, this is summer! :) But I did bio, some math, and chem last year. Organic and physics coming up, and I thought I might try to knock out either biochem, English, or stats next summer. Trying to keep as many of the options open as I can. :)

I wish my job schedule would let me shadow this neurosurgeon (which sounds so awesome), but I think I have to delay until February break when my schedule is more open and I can work around his. :(

LOL I agree. We should be enjoying summer and stop talking about school. :laugh:

sdf

Last edited:
How are you guys' grades so far and what prereqs have yall completed :laugh:?

My grades are okay/low. I had a strong first semester but my second semester really brought me down.

So Far my pre-reqs are as follows:

Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A
Bio 151- B
Chem- C :(
Chem Lab- C :mad: (this score was complete bullcrap, but I shall avenge my self)

I'll probably have to do this too. I got lucky last summer when I didn't really have a job and I could be extremely flexible. But now, I'm as flexible as Aerogel (look it up, its sooo cool)

LOL I agree. We should be enjoying summer and stop talking about school. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, though my summer is already halfway over! I believe my fall classes start August 23rd

but.....................wait..........................2018???:eek:

W3iuo.gif

I'm going to use this gif every time someone doubts us

ssdf

Last edited:
My grades are okay/low. I had a strong first semester but my second semester really brought me down.

Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A

Bio 151- B
Chem Lab- C :mad: (this score was complete bullcrap, but I shall avenge my self)
Is this common? I made a B in pre-cal but an A in Calc I as well.

Is this common? I made a B in pre-cal but an A in Calc I as well.

Very common and in fact BETTER.

My brother got the same exact grades. B in precalc and an A in Calc. A lot of my friends also said that Calc I is easier than precalc. I think precalc is where the the algebra is the toughest.

Calc I on the other hand, is like an intro class. Limits, derivatives, integrals, and other new concepts are fairly introductory in this class.

Last edited:

Pre-Calc- B
Calc- A
Bio 151- B

I'll probably have to do this too. I got lucky last summer when I didn't really have a job and I could be extremely flexible. But now, I'm as flexible as Aerogel (look it up, its sooo cool)

:laugh: Yeah, though my summer is already halfway over! I believe my fall classes start August 23rd

W3iuo.gif

I'm going to use this gif every time someone doubts us

Not too bad for your first year.

I was lucky too this past spring. I did NOT have to work but was taking orgo II, physics I, calc I, and a computer class. I couldn't find a job until the end of June and now am working 40 hrs a week :(

Not too bad for your first year.

I was lucky too this past spring. I did NOT have to work but was taking orgo II, physics I, calc I, and a computer class. I couldn't find a job until the end of June and now am working 40 hrs a week :(

Thanks, it could be worse, but it could have been a lot better. Yeah, I didn't work the first semester a whole lot but I did for the second. I think I'm going to scale back my hours seeing how school is my main job.

Though we shall see what doors open up when I get my EMT cert

Class of 2020 sounds SO much better than class of 2018!

I was hoping this thread would spark a c/o 2017 thread...

We're overdue people!

Hey can someone make the official Class of 2055 thread? I'm planning on having my first kid in 2030 and forcing him/her to go to med school and theyre going to need some neurotic pre-med (probably false) advice. Thanks.

Hey can someone make the official Class of 2055 thread? I'm planning on having my first kid in 2030 and forcing him/her to go to med school and theyre going to need some neurotic pre-med (probably false) advice. Thanks.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/YOUTUBE]

Funneh

:laugh: You guys are laggin so far behind, I may overlap you Mario Kart Style

Woooooh! Welcome to the club woman :D