Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I apparently followed some beautiful music into the ballroom and was attacked with the knife. Huh.

So we know that the rope has the capability to move people. Does the knife as well?

Anyone want to fess up to attacking LIS here?

Members don't see this ad.

nyanko or devyn, did ivory say anything to you guys at all? and can we assume that it was the rope (right? that's the one that silences and moves to another room?) that did LIS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lissa: In regard to the PM you sent me before I switched locations - noted! Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you before the night. Trying to whip through the RAVS test tonight. Forgot it's due by .. uh .. tomorrow.

Well, that explains a lot. I wonder if the wolves knew she was a seer, or if it was a lucky shot.

So we know that the rope has the capability to move people. Does the knife as well?

Anyone want to fess up to attacking LIS here?

Someone said they were attacked by the knife last night and didn't get moved

Just letting you guys know that I just got off work. Heading home, eat dinner, then catch up on what happened. I have over 30 pms to read.

I will give you guys a couple of lynch deadline options when I get home.

What does this mean? Am I missing something?
If you have an item you tell the mods what room you'd like to corner someone in (I know because I had the revolver last night; didn't use it though). Judging from my move and LIS's move, if you're not killed you switch rooms.

the-very-best-of-the-success-kid-meme.jpg

I sent him some info I learned after the night results went up. After I sent the PM, krist edited the results post showing where LIS was moved to the ballroom. Since he wasn't in the kitchen anymore, I wasn't supposed to PM him anymore so I asked him to delete the PM without reading it.

And nothing happened to you?

Correct. Apparently I was stumbling around the mansion drunkenly last night (*gasp*!), and followed some music into the ballroom, where I was slashed in the leg with the knife. It did not do significant damage and there are no effects of which I'm aware. I don't know why.

The way my PM is written up makes it sound more like I moved myself ("wandering around drunkenly"). But I may be reading too much into it. And I'd be a bit peeved if I left the location I was in voluntarily. So my guess is yeah, whoever had the knife moved me via the attack.

??????

What does this mean? Am I missing something?

I'm just reporting what happened to me. You now know everything I know about it.

Lissa: In regard to the PM you sent me before I switched locations - noted! Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you before the night. Trying to whip through the RAVS test tonight. Forgot it's due by .. uh .. tomorrow.
I don't think drinking and passing out in the ballroom is going to help your exam...

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless the wolves had the protection item

WW games almost always have an actual protector, or "angel" role - protective items are not standard and used in more complicated games. original WW has no items, roles, etc - just three wolves (the usual #), a seer, a protector, and maybe two dozen people. I am sure we have one or more protectors in this array of people.

Correct. Apparently I was stumbling around the mansion drunkenly last night (*gasp*!), and followed some music into the ballroom, where I was slashed in the leg with the knife. It did not do significant damage and there are no effects of which I'm aware. I don't know why.

I'm just reporting what happened to me. You now know everything I know about it.

So other than being able to move people around (via attacker), do we not know what the knife does?

WW games almost always have an actual protector, or "angel" role - protective items are not standard and used in more complicated games. original WW has no items, roles, etc - just three wolves (the usual #), a seer, a protector, and maybe two dozen people. I am sure we have one or more protectors in this array of people.

They also usually don't have factions that can PM amongst each other freely (for normal people anyway, usually it's just "mason" roles that can do this...). The way it's played here is a bit different than other places it seems like in general.

But I concur, I'm sure there are people with protective roles.

232709505715783668_uAdhQTUh_b.jpg
Still laughing!

DARN IT!!! I'm really glad we didn't lynch IPB. That would have sucked. Sorry we lost such a good role :(

Watching you strategize without me is hard!

So, to distract myself and keep up with Fireflysushi:
Myself and Miss Scarlet in one of my favorite scenes!
tumblr_lgbec2Bu5O1qex1ujo1_500.png

I think it's funny you guys managed to get rid of the two players who were both planted FBI agents in the movie. (Wadsworth in 2 of the endings, and Mr. Green in the other.)

The knife didn't move me when I got cut the first night!!

(sorry for not chiming in sooner, I got off work & hubs demanded Chipotle and South Park :laugh: )

Losing the seer sucks...and I'm off to bed unfortunately. Sorry I don't have any great ideas yet about anything. Currently developing a pretty killer headache which doesn't help with brainstorming. I work 8-4 EST tomorrow so I feel like I'm going to miss a lot again...I'll try to pop on before work but I'm not sure how much I'll actually be able to catch up on during that time.

wait, so i don't have to dig it up again, what did the knife do to you?
I was told that someone slashed me across the arm and injured me, but I could still PM and talk. Basically, it did nothing. :confused:

Maybe it does more in the hands of a certain role or needs to be combined with another object? Just speculation here...

I was told that someone slashed me across the arm and injured me, but I could still PM and talk. Basically, it did nothing. :confused:

So at least we know it doesn't silence.

If you have an item you tell the mods what room you'd like to corner someone in (I know because I had the revolver last night; didn't use it though). Judging from my move and LIS's move, if you're not killed you switch rooms.

Seems like whoever did it to you nordi chose to corner you in the room you were already in?

So at least we know it doesn't silence.
For sure- both me & LIS have been able to communicate freely after getting sliced.
What were you told about rooms?
Nothing; I'm still in the study. Basically my PM from DVMDream said that just as I was about to leave the study, I felt a slash across my arm and unfortunately the attack was so quick that I couldn't see who cut me and needed to tend to the laceration instead of using any items/skills I had at the time.

So I guess the knife served as a sort of "blocking" item? It kept me from doing anything?

For sure- both me & LIS have been able to communicate freely after getting sliced.

Nothing; I'm still in the study. Basically my PM from DVMDream said that just as I was about to leave the study, I felt a slash across my arm and unfortunately the attack was so quick that I couldn't see who cut me and needed to tend to the laceration instead of using any items/skills I had at the time.

So it said you couldn't use any items/skills you had? Sounds like a "roleblocker" item....

NBasically my PM from DVMDream said that just as I was about to leave the study, I felt a slash across my arm and unfortunately the attack was so quick that I couldn't see who cut me and needed to tend to the laceration instead of using any items/skills I had at the time.
Thanks for clarifying! And I agree that it sounds like a roleblocker item.

Day 3 Lynch Deadline Options:

1. 12PM PST. Voting will close at 12PM PST, someone will need to post an official vote tally so I can locate it easily (I will be at work). I will post results when I get to lunch which is usally between 11:30AM PST and 2PM PST. I will not be able to add a list of players at the end of the results because I will be posting from my phone.

If this option is used, then we can have night PMs being sent up until 6PM PST and I will close night out when I get home and go through all PMs probably around 6-7PM.

2. 6PM PST for lynch deadline. I will give you guys all day to decide who to lynch. Send PMs to me throughout the day and I will close out both Day 3 and Night 3 when I get home from work.

Please vote for option 1 or option 2. Thank You!

Alright you guys, I'm off to bed. I will probably get back on if I can't sleep. I only have class from 8-11 tomorrow so I should be home by noon-plenty of time to catch up and vote in the lynch (at least I hope- ya never know with these games).

Oh and DVMDream, I vote for option 1

If everyone wants option 1 that's fine, but I'll be out so I may have to put in a contingency vote if there's someone suspicious by the time I leave

The sooner you find my murderer the better!
Avenge my death! :caution:

I won't be around much tomorrow. May be able to check in from time to time, but I'm going to help with my shelter's grand opening of our mall location (squee! Puppy store got kicked out--we moved in!) tomorrow and may be a bit busy. Just so you know.