MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y'alllllllll.....time is moving so slowly. I just wanna figure out where I'm gonna live

I already looked at apartments near my top 3

I am *seriously* over being a med student. I hate this short coat with a passion.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I already looked at apartments near my top 3

I am *seriously* over being a med student. I hate this short coat with a passion.
As a future EM doc, I’m ready to say goodbye to the white coat forever after my remaining 8 weeks of rotations.

Reactions: 3 users
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 1.29.58 PM.png

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same but I still think my TMJ tightness will spontaneously resolve the Monday of match week
As a fellow owner of a terrible jaw, I’m anticipating a lot of tension in the week leading up though lol. My flares past this year have coincided pretty much exactly with ERAS submission/first few weeks of invites and then the peak of my interview season. I’ve been doing good since I finished interviews but it’s starting to come back…

Reactions: 1 user
As a fellow owner of a terrible jaw, I’m anticipating a lot of tension in the week leading up though lol. My flares past this year have coincided pretty much exactly with ERAS submission/first few weeks of invites and then the peak of my interview season. I’ve been doing good since I finished interviews but it’s starting to come back…
Isn't it fun when you try to open your mouth and it only goes a little way

and then both sides crack

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
As a future EM doc, I’m ready to say goodbye to the white coat forever after my remaining 8 weeks of rotations.
I havent worn my white coat a single day of residency hahah

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Plz stop sending me emails about the SOAP
EVERY DAY I GET ONE.

And I keep hearing these stories of applicants getting pushy calls from PDs trying to manipulate you into ranking them higher. Its making me feel very unloved.

And ugh. There is nothing I can do about this now, but it took me a while to realize my top program was my top program and did not send an LOI. I feel a bit badly about the whole thing. Like to think I am a good candidate for my field otherwise...

And I keep hearing these stories of applicants getting pushy calls from PDs trying to manipulate you into ranking them higher. Its making me feel very unloved.
i am feeling SO SO glad that my specialty doesn't seem to do much in the way of RTM emails/calls. it just seems to cause stress for everyone

I haven't gotten anything either and it's taking a lot of my energy not to overthink it.

Might ask this again after the match, but what are the prices ranges you're looking at for rent? Even just 2 years ago in the area you could get a decent 2 bedroom apartment for $1500/month now it's $2000, which is absurd. Seems like I'll have to put off paying student loans to live more comfortably during residency.

Might ask this again after the match, but what are the prices ranges you're looking at for rent? Even just 2 years ago in the area you could get a decent 2 bedroom apartment for $1500/month now it's $2000, which is absurd. Seems like I'll have to put off paying student loans to live more comfortably during residency.
2 bedrooms im looking at are 6k-8k *subsidized housing* lolz. So it depends *and yes no way im paying that*

• Wow
yeah I'm struggling with this too - but in some of the cities i might end up in, those prices barely get you a 1/1 😭 It's kind of making me hope I match my number 4, far from family but the best rental market of most of my top places based on my stress zillow stalking

Members don't see this ad :)
My top 3 are mid-sized cities and I am looking for a studio or 1BR. Top of my budget is $1500-1600, seems doable where I've looked. This is butting up against the 30% on rent rule but I have decided that 7 years of living in crappy apartments to save money is enough. Time for a little lifestyle creep for me! I am so excited (as long as I match)!

South Florida. 2.5-3k for a one bedroom lol. We are hoping to buy since this is where we want to end up permanently if I match here.

• Wow
I ain’t complaining anymore after reading some of these comments 😅

Are claims about getting "ranked to match" emails a myth/troll attempt or does this actually happen? I always thought it was NRMP policy that correspondence like that from programs is a violation on their side?

I've gotten one email from a program confirming I was ranked but no reference as to whether I am 4th or 104th so it basically says nothing. I would give anything to have gotten something that says where I am on any list like others apparently have.

Are claims about getting "ranked to match" emails a myth/troll attempt or does this actually happen? I always thought it was NRMP policy that correspondence like that from programs is a violation on their side?

I've gotten one email from a program confirming I was ranked but no reference as to whether I am 4th or 104th so it basically says nothing. I would give anything to have gotten something that says where I am on any list like others apparently have.
It's not against the rules. It's against the rules for you to ask them where you're ranked or for them to ask you where you ranked them. Either party can tell the other voluntarily where they've ranked them.

I think it’s only a violation if they asked you how you rank them.

That’s like you telling a program they are your number 1 in a LOI. It’s not against the rule but it’s not allowed to ask the other party where they rank you.

Ok so if it says certified, paid, verified there's nothing else we need to do right? I just have that feeling of anxiety that I'm missing things. Have the 3 green words, but just wanna make sure lol.

I basically had my rank list made throughout my interviews, submitted it early after it opened with only minor changes. Didn't really think about it since. The knowledge that today is the last day is seriously messing with me and I feel so nervous now. Ahhhhh.

Reactions: 3 users
I basically had my rank list made throughout my interviews, submitted it early after it opened with only minor changes. Didn't really think about it since. The knowledge that today is the last day is seriously messing with me and I feel so nervous now. Ahhhhh.
Yup. I just have that itching feeling I did something wrong and won't match because of it.

Reactions: 2 users
I know our ROLs are due tonight, is it the same for programs as well?

Our futures are officially in the hands of the NRMP match algorithm.

Reactions: 7 users
It prob is lmao also makes me wonder why tf we have to wait 2 weeks. the algo takes 2 seconds
From what I gathered, they have to make sure it is right by running the algorithm multiple times to see if they get the same results every time. Also, once the results are in, they need time to compute the preliminary match statistics, so they can also release it on match week.

will give someone 50$ if they call the company that does it and see if they can find out where they matched

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
There are 2 match day films if yall want to get the blood pumping before the big day. "this didn't make me cry, i just had allergies while watching"

Last edited:
It prob is lmao also makes me wonder why tf we have to wait 2 weeks. the algo takes 2 seconds
I don't understand why we have a month to rank. Trimming that to 2 weeks and then moving match day up so it's early March would be nice.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I remember a lot of you guys back when we were all applying to med school together (even bumped into some of you IRL). Glad to see us on the other side and now on the cusp of matching into residency! The next 15 days are going to fly by!

Reactions: 9 users
I remember a lot of you guys back when we were all applying to med school together (even bumped into some of you IRL). Glad to see us on the other side and now on the cusp of matching into residency! The next 15 days are going to fly by!
no.

lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
My countdown isn't even to the 18th, it's to the 14th
The rest is just gravy

Reactions: 9 users
It happened. I had a dream (nightmare) about opening my email to find "Unmatched" in my inbox. It was a bad a time time.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
T-minus 1 week! The nerves really haven’t hit me yet but I imagine they will be by the weekend.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
These SOAP emails need to chill lol. I freak out everytime

Reactions: 5 users
What does partially unmatched means? How will someone be partially unmatched? Can someone please explain this?

What does partially unmatched means? How will someone be partially unmatched? Can someone please explain this?
Certain fields you have to apply for intern year (in medicine /transitional year/surgery ) separately from your field of choice . Eg. Anesthesia, derm, rads, Pm&r , rad onc . So if you only match your advance program or only match your intern year program then you will be partially unmatched.

Last edited: