MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched as well! Our hard work has paid off 🥲

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Your boy matched into Neurology. I actually made it into residency, this is unbelievable!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I matched obgyn!!!! You guys, we made it!!!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Matched EM!! Now i have 4 whole day to freak out about whether I'm happy with my rank list or not!!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Matched either IM or anesthesia hahaha. Dont really care at this point just glad I matched.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Congratulations everyone on your Matches!

Reactions: 15 users
Matched!! Happy to see you all did too!!

If anyone didn’t get good news this morning, I hope you know that you are an incredible and valuable human being who will do great things, even if there are bumps and detours in the road.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
I’m gonna be an ED doc y’all. What a wild ride it’s been!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Mama. Remember that job I've been training for, for a long time now?

Well I finally got it!

MATCHED IM. Just a gainfully employed doctor over here!

• Love
OK who's gonna break into the NRMP offices and publish match results NOW so we don't have to wait 5 days.
oceans12-laser-dance-scene[1].gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to all of you that matched!

If you did not, keep your chin up. This will just be a bump in the road.

This, So much this. Many people have gone through this before you, and many will go through it afterwards. The vast majority will end up happy, satisfied, fulfilled physicians.

There's a sense of finality to Match Day, but, really - I don't have enough fingers to count the number of friends/classmates who ended up switching before their residency was up. The majority of them switched during intern year or shortly afterwards.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
If you didn’t match it’s not the end of the world.

Our 4 prelims all matched this year, and all of them to the specialty they originally applied to. All of them surgical fields.

Reactions: 14 users
10/10 would not recommend SOAP. The stress is unreal

PS. Happy for all those that did match

• Care
Well matched neuro! Now I get to hope I picked the right field to apply to LOL

• Love
matched, already heard about 3 KCU ortho matches. crazy stuff, very impressed

• Love

Matched neurosurgery! Two from KCU!

Also shout out to dumb luck because as hard as we work that’s definitely a part of this whole process. Folks who don’t match - I feel for you big time because of that and this doesn’t reflect poorly on you as a candidate at all. I’m sure one of you will be taking care of me or one of my loved ones someday.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
I know of two for sure in my class, likely a couple more. We also had a couple ophtho matches and a uro match.

Reactions: 4 users
Matched... something. My rotation site was compiling a list of the fourth years who matched and what specialty - everyone was able to tell them a specialty but me. Didn't realize this part of match week would be 100x more obnoxious with a multispecialty app. Still absolutely over the moon that I matched though lol

I've heard four confirmed ortho matches from my school. Don't know much for other competitive specialties.

Reactions: 11 users
I heard from the ortho group at my school that we had over 10 ortho match this year. We shall see where this Friday.
My school got absolutely rekt in the ortho match. I think 7 applied and only 2 matched.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all! I matched psych!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Yea except this one very big thing that no program worth a damn will rank someone without a step 2ck score before the ROL deadline.............
Your school's requirements or NRMP requirements and your school's verification process don't mean anything(although this is strange because I am 100% positive my school would murder me if I didn't have step2/level 2 in by like December). The vast majority of programs need it in before the ROL deadline, some PD's will drop applicants off the ROL for not having it in by mid February....

Ummm that’s incorrect. I’ve matched. Had no Step 2 before ROL deadline, nor did some of my co-applicants at my school, we all matched neurosurgery. We all interviewed at all the top programs in the country.

Step 2 as a requirement is program dependent, and most do not have it as a requirement.
ETA: if you don’t have scores in upcoming cycle highly advise an early Step 2. I had the luxury of my Step 2 scores being irrelevant. YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Ummm that’s incorrect. I’ve matched. Had no Step 2 before ROL deadline, nor did some of my co-applicants at my school, we all matched neurosurgery. We all interviewed at all the top programs in the country.

Step 2 as a requirement is program dependent, and most do not have it as a requirement.
ETA: if you don’t have scores in upcoming cycle highly advise an early Step 2. I had the luxury of my Step 2 scores being irrelevant. YMMV
Thank you for clarifying.... it is very specialty dependent

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all my soap homies out there.

For the rest of us, the wait isn’t really a big deal but it is annoying that the NRMP withholds it from us for no real reason.

Good luck to all my soap homies out there.

For the rest of us, the wait isn’t really a big deal but it is annoying that the NRMP withholds it from us for no real reason.
I thought the idea was that this way those who SOAP will find a spot by Friday and will get to celebrate with everyone else. So technically someone who SOAPed doesn't have to say they did if they don't want to.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought the idea was that this way those who SOAP will find a spot by Friday and will get to celebrate with everyone else. So technically someone who SOAPed doesn't have to say they did if they don't want to.
Yeah. Like I mean for me I am pretty tense as I ranked 15 FM programs and WHERE I match to is a pretty big range of great to not so great...

But I think some poor person who SOAPed being able to enjoy match day with the rest of us is a good thing. Hope the SOAP is going well for those who have to do it. According to reddit, unsure of the accuracy, 215 unfilled EM slots which is nuts.

I mean, they could tell people and schools could still have a big reveal party on Friday. Would allow students who didn’t get the place they were hoping for to compose themselves, and the people who soap wouldn’t have to say anything.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
It's time like this I regret having ranked three different specialties. Not only do I not know where I am going, I don't even know what field it is in

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
A little late, but....rads gang!!

• Love
  • Care
Contacted by 20 FM programs today. I feel like I can barely keep my head above water between the phone calls and zoom interviews

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Just checked the NRMP portal for... uh... neuroticism purposes and maybe someone has pointed this out already but what a sick joke to put "withdraw" right over "log out". It has always been a scary click.

1647397062602.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Just checked the NRMP portal for... uh... neuroticism purposes and maybe someone has pointed this out already but what a sick joke to put "withdraw" right over "log out". It has always been a scary click.

View attachment 351864
Jokes on them because I never log out lol. I just close the page.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

View attachment 351864
And how much you wanna bet if you mistakenly click it, it doesn’t even confirm with you before withdrawing. Lol, SMH. Sick indeed. Oh and though I mostly lurk, sooo grateful to say I matched IM (USMD but also a non-citizen)!

Reactions: 4 users