MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And how much you wanna bet if you mistakenly click it, it doesn’t even confirm with you before withdrawing. Lol, SMH. Sick indeed. Oh and though I mostly lurk, sooo grateful to say I matched IM (USMD but also a non-citizen)!
I heard that your school has to sign off if you want to withdraw. Not sure if this is confirmed true.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone explain what obgyn prelims are? Thought they are a fixed 4 year program

Can someone explain what obgyn prelims are? Thought they are a fixed 4 year program

It's just that. Generally I believe the prelim does the same things that categoricals do. It's similar to the few peds intern years out there. I think anyone who is going into an advanced field can do on Ob/Gyn intern year if they so choose (going into anesth, derm, etc). They are good for those who want to do Ob/Gyn but didn't match categorical.

A good friend in my class didn't match categorical Ob/Gyn back in the day but scrambled into an ob/gyn intern year. They kept her on as a categorical next year so she didn't have to repeat intern year (what I perceive as the main benefit from a med student perspective). Why they exist from an institutional standpoint? *shrug* Maybe they just have extra work that they want interns to be able to take care of?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Question about my match scenario: I have matched but of course won't find out until friday where. I have learned that my #1 ranked program (which is my home program) still has 1 spot available for SOAP. Does this mean that I can be confident this residency program will be the name in the envelope I will open on friday??? Is there any reason why they wouldn't rank all Interviewed applicants (me)?

Question about my match scenario: I have matched but of course won't find out until friday where. I have learned that my #1 ranked program (which is my home program) still has 1 spot available for SOAP. Does this mean that I can be confident this residency program will be the name in the envelope I will open on friday??? Is there any reason why they wouldn't rank all Interviewed applicants (me)?
Some programs do choose not to rank all candidates, so there’s a theoretical possibility of being DNRed. But if you felt the program liked you then hopefully it’s good news!!

As long as they ranked you somewhere then youre going there

Reactions: 2 users
Some programs do choose not to rank all candidates, so there’s a theoretical possibility of being DNRed. But if you felt the program liked you then hopefully it’s good news!!
Imagine being DNRed by your home program.. I would flip!

Reactions: 3 users
crazy to think that tmr at noon our lives take a major change

Reactions: 6 users

Is there a way to find this list or is it only available for ppl who soap?

crazy to think that tmr at noon our lives take a major change
I love how our schools already know and the programs find out later today but we have to wait until tomorrow. It’s us this news has the biggest impact on yet we are the last to find out about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I love how our schools already know and the programs find out later today but we have to wait until tomorrow. It’s us this news has the biggest impact on yet we are the last to find out about it.
thought the schools already know?? 8am today

Members don't see this ad :)
These rounds of SOAP bring back memories of being picked for sports teams in elementary school...

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
So, yes, you likely matched there.

However, I will say that there are some programs which know that there are going to be a few legends like @dj-Roomba who got unlucky in applying to a competitive specialty who will be available in the SOAP, and thus they make the calculus that below a certain point on their ROL they would be OK with gambling that they could get an all-star via SOAP. This would be an especially brutal twist of the knife coming from your home program... but at least theoretically, that is why a program would not rank all interviewed applicants.

Guys our programs already know we're on their roster. I hope wherever I matched is happy to have me!

Oscillating between I matched my top 3 and I matched the last on my list. Ahhh.

How we holding up, fam?
I’ve done really well this whole time but today I’m finally panicking.

Reactions: 9 users
How we holding up, fam?
I’ve done really well this whole time but today I’m finally panicking.
I'm kinda relax because of my 13 programs, I would only really be disappointed if I fall down to 12 or 13. I was more worried about the matching email on Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Seeing all the poor souls on twitter still without a program after soap is demoralizing.

Lolz seeing so many people getting their match communication from their program early. Ruining the match surprise.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it's likely just one program that effed up. It's a match violation technically.
Nah seeing people in def specialties reporting it. Match violation but prob just a innocent mistake

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Stying up all night playing Pokémon game 😬🤕

• Love
I had three separate dreams last night: one where I matched my number 1, one where I matched a program that doesn’t even exist in a place I don’t want to be, and one where there was a glitch and no one got any results

So I think that’s all the bases covered

Reactions: 4 users
Happy Match Day y’all. Here’s to everyone matching their #1 today!

• Care
2d098586-43cd-4a87-8ca0-9eed0a28bd5f_text.gif

Good luck folks. No matter where you end up... it's only a couple of years, so keep the chin up.

Being on this side of it, we are over here counting down too waiting to see our interns! Everyone is really excited!! We put together a welcome packet from us interns to them, to send out with the initial emails from the program. And set up a meet and greet for next week!

I know it doesn’t compare with the mix of anxiety, excitement, and achievement I had last year. It’s more like just full blown bubbling over with excitement!!!

I can’t wait to meet our new interns!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
You will match your top 3 my Haitian bro. GL and congrats.
I'm kinda relax because of my 13 programs, I would only really be disappointed if I fall down to 12 or 13. I was more worried about the matching email on Monday.

2022 match rate for US DO seniors was 91.3%, the highest it has ever been!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Went down my list a little. Sort of sad I didn't get my #1 or #2 but the rest were interchangeable. Nice people where I am at. Just stings a bit.

• Care
Baller matches from my classmates. Can't believe we're here already!!