This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gelfbeard

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There isn't a dedicated thread for Coney Island IM and I wanted to get one started. Anyone have any experience rotating at the hospital?
Considering there's only 4 DO seats per year is it a competitive program?
How do residents manage to live in Brooklyn when you only get $59 in the 1st year?
Any other thoughts?
 
I can't comment on the hospital but the cost of living. I live in the area by myself on a similar salary and it's not too bad. I'm paying down debt, so that's $450 per month, plus I put $300 per month in savings and I don't really feel "poor." I still go out and enjoy myself when I have time and buy a few things that aren't necessities. I don't feel like I'm rolling in it and I do have to watch my bank account, but at that salary, in this area, supporting yourself isn't that bad.