• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Congrats Jlee!

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
  1. Attending Physician
    sup 16"er....

thanks for the love bro...finally no more stress about whether california was gonna export me to an out of state med school.

now if i can just use this positive energy to tutor this kid right now instead of posting on sdn while she is doing my problems...haha...

About the Ads

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Nov 24, 2002
      Congrats jlee! Though Im sure we all expected it eventually, its good that the adcoms got their shiz together to send it out to ya so soon. Davis is great! Congrats! :clap:

lilstina

diamond sweetpea
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 31, 2003
      texas
      1. Medical Student
        ok... at least i dont feel as out of place on this thread...

congrats a million times over! dont forget to share your good news with all your important people... if you can even remember them ;)

and seriously... you think you're getting paid to post while teaching? for shame... but if youre gonna be on SDN at least remember to check your PMs every now and then eh?

:hardy:

jlee9531

J,A,S
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Nov 25, 2002
        CA
        fantasysports.yahoo.com
        1. Attending Physician
          Originally posted by CalBeE
          Hey Congrats! Now you can start sending out rejection letters to schools!;)

seriously man...to withdraw from like over 20 schools is gonna give me carpel tunnel haha.

thanks everyone...you guys are seriously great and know how to make someone's day. not too many of my friends understand how nice it is to stay at a cali school so its nice to have an sdn community that does ;)

got :love: for all of ya.

About the Ads

Adapt

2K Member
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Mar 19, 2003
            Nice jlee. Now you have the luxury that so many Californians want, to stay in CA.

I think you should be made moderator on SDN due to how much you have helped fellow SDNers.

JLEE FOR SDN MODERATOR!!! :clap: :thumbup: :)

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jan 10, 2003
            NY
              Congrats Jlee! You deserve the best! I hope UCLA takes Davis's lead and accepts you off the waitlist. Don't they know they are closing the door to the future of medicine? You rock! I hope the other 20 schools realize this! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jlee9531

J,A,S
              10+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Nov 25, 2002
              CA
              fantasysports.yahoo.com
              1. Attending Physician
                haha

slick and drj...you fools hahaha i love ya...

im not even qualified to be on that average joe show...

but thanks for the love.

drj...upenn better take you and make you their dean later on in life.

slick...your smooth nature will easily land you a spot into LL. :)

About the Ads

sinnah83

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Dec 2, 2003
                cali
                  Congrats Jlee! You deserved this especially for the all help you provide to fellow SDNers. I hope you are not too concerned about being waitlisted at UCLA now. Davis is a great place. Would you rather go to school in nor cal?

spaz

7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Oct 26, 2003
                    i'm more of an SDN browser than a poster, but just wanted to congratulate you on your well-deserved acceptance :clap:

you're one of the coolest people i've 'met' [from what i know of you on SDN anyway :) ] and i'm sure you'll be an awesome doc

docmemi

1K Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Jul 21, 2003
                    Los Angeles, Calif.
                      congrats jleee. i just saw this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i remember when you got waitlisted at ucla. i read your profiel and it said you were waiting for davis. then i told my self, "i hope jlee gets in to ucdavis. G-d help jlee." i really prayed for you. im soooooo hapy for you. you deserve it. now go have fun!

About the Ads

lilstina

diamond sweetpea
                      7+ Year Member
                      15+ Year Member
                      Oct 31, 2003
                      texas
                      1. Medical Student
                        hehe, you forgot to update your summary of app process on your mdapplicant profile as well... davis did take its sweet time, but doesnt matter now eh?

so see i posted on your thread twice... can't accuse me of showing you no love ever again :D and besides... like you'd need it, look at all the other people on this board who think you rock... oh if they only knew the truth... j/k ;) :cool:

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
                        7+ Year Member
                        15+ Year Member
                        Nov 6, 2003
                        'Eaterville
                          So this is what happens when you go to school... you're the last to hear the best news of the year! Congratulations, Jlee!! I want to say that you desevre this. You deserve Davis for all you have been through. They are so lucky that they will have you as a member of their entering class come August. Here's to Jlee!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adapt

2K Member
                          7+ Year Member
                          15+ Year Member
                          Mar 19, 2003
                            So let's start a movement to have jlee the next SDN moderator. I think he should be the new pre-allo moderator. Who the heck is Jamier2 anyway. I haven't seen him post anything since I've been here the past year.

I'm backing the coup that overthrows Jamier2 and installs Jlee as pre-allo moderator. :D

DrWorkNeverDone

Carters Mistress
                            7+ Year Member
                            15+ Year Member
                            Jan 15, 2004
                            Sacramento
                            groups.yahoo.com
                              I back the movement as well

Jlee, even though I have only had the past month to know you, I know that you will make a great doctor....I know that you have had the biggest impact this year on my internships and have given me alot of support during the early mornings.....Remember I told you they would take you :) They had to cause I am going to need you close to keep kicking me in the butt :) Plus I have to meet this cool guy who can just make everyone feel that they are 10 ft taller than they think they are. You are a true inspiration for us all.....What all of us should try to be...and I know that if someone with your back ground can make it, then I should be able to make it too.....I sit here with tears, of joy that everything that you have gone through will finally end with such a great reward...your going to be a doctor, man how cool is that......If you can make this much of an impact on me, I know that you will do the same with every single child you help in the future.....Thankyou,,,thankyou very much

NOW PARTY :) :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

Or maybe finally get some sleep :sleep:

ice_23

Economics Monster
                              7+ Year Member
                              15+ Year Member
                              Jul 21, 2003
                              NYC
                                Congrats Jlee! You may be from Cal, but I believe you like the cubs, and that means you're ok in my book. :)

-Ice

P.S. I second the notion that Jlee be moderator, but only if that entails him moderating from the hours of 12 AM to 4 AM PST. Cause that's usually the time that guy is on SDN...:)

jlee9531

J,A,S
                                10+ Year Member
                                15+ Year Member
                                Nov 25, 2002
                                CA
                                fantasysports.yahoo.com
                                1. Attending Physician
                                  Originally posted by lilstina
                                  hehe, you forgot to update your summary of app process on your mdapplicant profile as well... davis did take its sweet time, but doesnt matter now eh?

so see i posted on your thread twice... can't accuse me of showing you no love ever again :D and besides... like you'd need it, look at all the other people on this board who think you rock... oh if they only knew the truth... j/k ;) :cool:

haha i know you show the love...now dont be telling the people how i really am girl...thatd be the end of me here on sdn haha. thanks for your support...and you better have fun things planned when i decide to come and visit...;)

now............................................

slickness, spaz, DMBUGA34: jamier2 can make us all disappear like big brother lets not anger him so :laugh:

M&N: thank you for the props and for the PM. that was very nice for you to say.

trojan2004: thanks for the prayers man. its funny tho...i do pray for the best things to happen for the good people here on sdn as well. its an amazing forum and we can be a good force for the future of medicine. all of us.

ixitixl: i hope you figure out where you will like to end up for med school cause you have 2 nice choices in uic and tulane. just know that the hurricanes taste good.

AID: you better stick around california yourself man...fellow fv-er...we gotta represent man. show how well our bankrupt county can perform!

supereagles: congrats on the ucla, usc etc...acceptances...too many to list i think haha. if do you choose to stay in socal...live it up :horns:

subtle1epiphany: i hope things are going well with you. i havent seen you post these days...best wishes tho bro...

ewing: you think id leave sdn? even if i started med school? highly unlikely. plus this is the only way i can keep in touch with ya with your update pms and such. i aint going anywhere.

Mr. Rosewater: The korean kia owner will run all over you in fantasy baseball...beware

hapkidochic: the possibility of being future classmates is exciting...especially from my sdn twin. just dont kick my ass with your mad hapkido skills...

UCIgrad2002: thanks man. gotta show love to uci alum...my bro goes there now and loves it there....i think i remember you said you got accepted to gw....dc is great, my friend is in dc right now working at the white house and just loves the city.

elizabeth1028: i hope the next few weeks produces some good news for you....i hope you hear good things from yale, hopkins and washu...getting interviews from those schools...i can only stare in amazement...:wow:

sinnah83: thanks for the props...both of us in the same ucla waitlist boat...but you got ucsd (a sweeeeet school) so regardless of what happens at ucla....you are set. and who wants to take calc anyway? :D

spumoni: you seriously have to be one of the nicest people ever! a lounge favorite and easily an top sdn studette...im glad to even post in the same forum as you. and maybe one day you can teach me how to get motivated to run...i wanna get it shape i really do...but starting up sucks...

jalby: your info on the california schools in general were so helpful and your sticky up there in the preallo forum ever priceless...there would be hella people lost here on sdn if it werent for you man. thanks for all your help. oh and thanks for the countdown haha.

ucsbpremed: thanks for all the davis info and help man. i think you eased the stresses of all of davis peeps waiting for ucd to make their decisions on us by telling us your past experiences along with the other ucd students that got in last year. that was huge for us...and yes...the gem of california...tahoe ...im coming for ya.

exmike: your predictions are scary man. me and lil...seriously bow down to your skillz. you think the east side can handle two berkeley fools like us? i dunno...we pack quite a punch...but its all about world domination. you start from the east, i start from the west and we meet up in omaha...how about that?

mega: strut yours stuff at wake...and the results will be golden

g_eagle: you said it man. its a good feeling. to know ill be instate, near my family just incase anything happens i can be there, near my friends etc...simply...its good stuff.

canibeme: thanks...i hope you got that letter done for that special school of yours. (=

lyragrl: thank you so very much. and soon we are gonna have to start a thread on the tough decisions you will have when it comes to picking a school for this coming fall...but hopefully yale lets you know of the good news in a few weeks. good luck.

ttsd: tho i will not slap on some boobs and date you...its good to know another korean on here showing the love..."go reds! 2002 world cup!"

gleevec: ahh. an invaluable intelligent sdn member. its a good thing you came back when you said you were gonna leave. i even posted in the lounge that if i could be another sdn member for a day..itd be you man. props on all your successes and future endeavors in the field of ped hem/onc. ill be constantly bothering you about the many questions i have in the future...so im warning ya in advance. :D

drwork: your words...too kind. im glad i was able to help you. you have travelled on a difficult road but have made it this far. i know that you can succeed as well for your background and experiences will help you prepare for any obstacle that comes your way.

damn...that took a while. just wanted to show my appreciation for all those that have been so kind to me here. thank you once again.

jlee9531

J,A,S
                                  10+ Year Member
                                  15+ Year Member
                                  Nov 25, 2002
                                  CA
                                  fantasysports.yahoo.com
                                  1. Attending Physician
                                    Originally posted by ice_23
                                    Congrats Jlee! You may be from Cal, but I believe you like the cubs, and that means you're ok in my book. :)

-Ice

P.S. I second the notion that Jlee be moderator, but only if that entails him moderating from the hours of 12 AM to 4 AM PST. Cause that's usually the time that guy is on SDN...:)

yeah that 4 hour block haha i can handle :laugh: :laugh:

cal bears all the way. since the cubbies are just minibears...i do like em. whats not to like with that monster rotation?

lotanna

Child of God
                                    7+ Year Member
                                    15+ Year Member
                                    Oct 16, 2002
                                    Global nomad
                                      CONGRATS JLEE!!!! :clap: Thanks so much for all your help!!! Made my interview real easy and a breeze. Even though this means u wont be my classmate, and I wont get to break your ankle as I pull my Iverson crossover move:( , You're still cool with me...YOU ROCK!! :D

Adapt

2K Member
                                      7+ Year Member
                                      15+ Year Member
                                      Mar 19, 2003
                                        Ok, forget about the coup. Maybe we shouldn't upset Jamier2 then. We can always have jlee as comoderator of pre-allo just like they have 2 moderators on the pre-osteo forum. :)

About the Ads
                                        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                        7. This thread is locked.