This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cameraGEEK

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about taking a job at the VA, does anyone know if things are even negotiable with employment at the VA? I have not yet seen the contract, but I am wondering if it worth getting a contract lawyer. What things are negotiable with them?
 
I am thinking about taking a job at the VA, does anyone know if things are even negotiable with employment at the VA? I have not yet seen the contract, but I am wondering if it worth getting a contract lawyer. What things are negotiable with them?

Generally salary will be the only thing that is negotiable and even then probably not. I doubt there are any predatory terms (eg medmal, non-compete) in the contract you would need a lawyer to negotiate on. If the contract spells out service requirement that will need to be to your liking.
 
I am thinking about taking a job at the VA, does anyone know if things are even negotiable with employment at the VA? I have not yet seen the contract, but I am wondering if it worth getting a contract lawyer. What things are negotiable with them?
Generally it’s non-negotiatable. If I recall, the offer comes from a panel of docs who work at the VA you’re applying to, so you’re not negotiating with one individual.