Cornell Weill Housing for Families

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snakes

Snakes On A Cane
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be posted in totally the wrong forum, but does anyone know what the institutional housing is like at Cornell Weill for families? I see that there are 2 bedroom apartment options but was wondering if anyone had actually lived there with a family. Also, what are the public school options in that area, or have I entered a complete twilight zone with this kind of stuff? I haven't seen any other posts about it. I had a friend that did her residency there and she had a studio in a great building across from the hospital (she was unmarried, no kids at the time). Was wondering if I should even consider Cornell given the fact that I have 3 children (who are not babies).

Please note that "consider" means "apply". I am still pre-med and most likely don't have a prayer of getting in there anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This may be posted in totally the wrong forum, but does anyone know what the institutional housing is like at Cornell Weill for families? I see that there are 2 bedroom apartment options but was wondering if anyone had actually lived there with a family. Also, what are the public school options in that area, or have I entered a complete twilight zone with this kind of stuff? I haven't seen any other posts about it. I had a friend that did her residency there and she had a studio in a great building across from the hospital (she was unmarried, no kids at the time). Was wondering if I should even consider Cornell given the fact that I have 3 children (who are not babies).

Please note that "consider" means "apply". I am still pre-med and most likely don't have a prayer of getting in there anyway.

Sorry I don't know :(.

But you may want to try the Cornell school specific thread, as people who already attend Cornell and people familiar with the area post on there:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=895411

I know that there are some because my friend lived in one when his father was a resident. But I'm not sure if medical students live in that building though so you should call the school and ask.