You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Weill Cornell
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think it's pretty much over unfortunately 🙁Should I just lose all hope here if I haven’t heard anything since submission? I also sent a pre-II update in Jan so I thought that might give me a better chance 🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is someone neurotic (best way possible) enough to find the advertised decision release months in those years? (Did they advertise February as the decision release time for the 2022-23 cycle?)Found this old thread and added the last couple years (can I count this as non-clinical volunteering)
2023: Friday Feb 24th (10:50 AM EST)
2022: Saturday Feb 26th (8:49 AM EST)
2021: Monday March 8th (5:13 PM EST)
2020: Friday March 13th (decisions largely around 3:30 pm PST
“2019: Friday March 8 (First Acceptance at 3:03 PM)
2018: Thursday March 8 (First Acceptance at 3:21 PM)
2017: Thursday March 9 (First Acceptance at 1:32 PM)
2016: Wednesday February 24 (First Acceptance at 12:14)
2015: Thursday March 12 (First Acceptance at 10:31 AM)
2014: Thursday March 13 (First Acceptance at 10:13 AM)
2013: Monday March 11 (First Acceptance at 9:38 AM)
2012: Thursday March 15 (First Acceptance at 9:06 AM)
2011: Tuesday March 8 (First Acceptance at 9:51 AM)
2010: Wednesday March 3 (First Acceptance at 2:55 PM)
2009: Friday February 27 (First Acceptance at 11:22 AM)
2008: Friday March 7 (Can't find SDN Thread)”
D
deleted1143918
Don't have the energy to check previous years but last year at least it was advertised as March. Hope they keep up the pattern of sending it a week or two earlier this year as wellIs someone neurotic (best way possible) enough to find the advertised decision release months in those years? (Did they advertise February as the decision release time for the 2022-23 cycle?)
Eshimabenga
New Member
Anyone have an idea how many international students Cornell has accepted in the past?
chicago_chickk
Full Member
Anyone have an idea how many international students Cornell has accepted in the past?
I would check MSAR if you have it —I think this information would be listed there!
MSAR says 27 were interviewed and 2 matriculated.Anyone have an idea how many international students Cornell has accepted in the past?
Welp Texas schools didn’t show me any love this school is officially my last hope
D
deleted1139705
You didn’t match anywhere??? That’s absurdWelp Texas schools didn’t show me any love this school is officially my last hope
D
deleted1143918
Damn dude that's tough but I really hope it works out, will be rooting for youWelp Texas schools didn’t show me any love this school is officially my last hope
Yeah have a feeling I was on the fence at a couple of places gpa is p low tbh. It’s okay tho we ballYou didn’t match anywhere??? That’s absurd
D
deleted1143918
Could've sworn you had an A already, are you on any WLs that may have some movement? It's not over til it's overYeah have a feeling I was on the fence at a couple of places gpa is p low tbh. It’s okay tho we ball
D
deleted1139705
good luck slime 💗Yeah have a feeling I was on the fence at a couple of places gpa is p low tbh. It’s okay tho we ball
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
Although I didn't receive an R yet, they’ve wrapped up their interview season. Just letting other ppl know who are in the same boat lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
Unfortunately yes. :,( They told me when I reached out for a status update.
are they done for sure? I thought Cornell was my best app, and I had several people there tell me I would get an interview for sure so this absolutely sucks. Congrats to everyone who did get one tho!!
Does anyone have any insight/hunch for decision day? People still thinking March 1?
squarecat
Full Member
That’s what I’m guessing since last year the accepted students day was about a week earlier than it is this year and they released decisions Feb 24th. This process is so unpredictable though so I could be wrong!Does anyone have any insight/hunch for decision day? People still thinking March 1?
Idk dude last year they said that the second look would be in April this year they have it set to March 22-23 so who knows maybe it will bei know decisions will likely go out on March 1st but really really hoping they come out this friday 🤞
D
deleted1143918
yeah based on the last two years i'm starting to refresh tmw evening and will not stop til we hear backIdk dude last year they said that the second look would be in April this year they have it set to March 22-23 so who knows maybe it will be
I’m getting off sdn tmr night I have a feeling they’re gonna send out that trainings email and if I don’t get it and i see others get it I’m gonna be sadyeah based on the last two years i'm starting to refresh tmw evening and will not stop til we hear back
Is this like a guaranteed A if you get? Confused on what this email would be about.I’m getting off sdn tmr night I have a feeling they’re gonna send out that trainings email and if I don’t get it and i see others get it I’m gonna be sad
Based on last year, yeah... As far as I can tell, everyone who got emails about trainings to complete got As a bit laterIs this like a guaranteed A if you get? Confused on what this email would be about.
I'm assuming it was a glitch that they got the training emails first though. I'd be surprised if it happens again this year...
futurist99
Full Member
Did they say whether accepted students will be notified by email or phone?
D
deleted1143918
The portal says all communication from the admissions office will be by email so I think emailDid they say whether accepted students will be notified by email or phone?
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Cornell!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Cornell have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cornell?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Cornell have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cornell?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Many of these are google-ableHi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Cornell!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Cornell have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cornell?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
yeah you're right, especially the first few. but as I'm trying to do this for every school, and planning to share result in a public format, I figured asking online (as I'm doing here) once per school would be more time efficient. especially since it is only me and one friend working on this spreadsheet. I'll backfill as needed and dig deeper when I get conflicting answers though!Many of these are google-able
Makes sense. The spreadsheet sounds like a great idea but I think I’m speaking for many if not most people in this thread that we created a spreadsheet for ourselves like the one you’re talking about. You might have an easier time creating it by posting in a main pre med thread to ask if people would be willing to share their notes in order to create a master spreadsheet to share. One thing about pre meds is we all probably neurotically researched lolyeah you're right, especially the first few. but as I'm trying to do this for every school, and planning to share result in a public format, I figured asking online (as I'm doing here) once per school would be more time efficient. especially since it is only me and one friend working on this spreadsheet. I'll backfill as needed and dig deeper when I get conflicting answers though!
Also I remember way in the beginning of the cycle googling grading of medical schools and finding a website that had a very extensive list of grading policies at a ton of schools. I’ll see if I can find and I’ll DM you my stuff
Just adding to the speculation lol: Last year, MSAR had the decision date as March 13th but decisions came out Feb 24th. This year, MSAR says March 1st, so theoretically they should come out earlier this year than last year? Maybe not though, since, following that logic, we would have gotten decisions a week or two ago 😅That’s what I’m guessing since last year the accepted students day was about a week earlier than it is this year and they released decisions Feb 24th. This process is so unpredictable though so I could be wrong!
I wonder if the training emails were a glitch that forced them to release decisions early 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And on MSAR, def a good tool for building a school listMany of these are google-able
@purdey - somehow I am not allowed to message to you. Could you please, share this spreadsheet with me as well? Thanks in advance.Makes sense. The spreadsheet sounds like a great idea but I think I’m speaking for many if not most people in this thread that we created a spreadsheet for ourselves like the one you’re talking about. You might have an easier time creating it by posting in a main pre med thread to ask if people would be willing to share their notes in order to create a master spreadsheet to share. One thing about pre meds is we all probably neurotically researched lol
Also I remember way in the beginning of the cycle googling grading of medical schools and finding a website that had a very extensive list of grading policies at a ton of schools. I’ll see if I can find and I’ll DM you my stuff
Two years ago (from the 21-22 sdn), the MSAR date was 3/11Ahhhh not this again. What did the MSAR say about the decision date two years ago
(Not me refreshing this thread every day to try to read the newest neurotic replies)
Ok so here's what I've found for MSAR vs actual decision date vs second look:
2024: March 1st vs _________ vs March 22-23rd
2023: March 13th vs Feb 24th vs March 17-18th
2022: March 11th vs Feb 26th vs April (no specific date found)
2021: March 12th vs March 8th vs April (no specific date found)
Unfortunately, I feel like March 1st is probably the decision date... Last year's early release was probably a glitch and the time between decisions and second look in the previous years was probably due to COVID.
2024: March 1st vs _________ vs March 22-23rd
2023: March 13th vs Feb 24th vs March 17-18th
2022: March 11th vs Feb 26th vs April (no specific date found)
2021: March 12th vs March 8th vs April (no specific date found)
Unfortunately, I feel like March 1st is probably the decision date... Last year's early release was probably a glitch and the time between decisions and second look in the previous years was probably due to COVID.
D
deleted1143918
Thank you for your service. Agree I think last year they may have rushed it b/c of the trainings email glitch. They also usually start releasing before 12 PM EST so I think it will be 3/1 too instead of todayOk so here's what I've found for MSAR vs actual decision date vs second look:
2024: March 1st vs _________ vs March 22-23rd
2023: March 13th vs Feb 24th vs March 17-18th
2022: March 11th vs Feb 26th vs April (no specific date found)
2021: March 12th vs March 8th vs April (no specific date found)
Unfortunately, I feel like March 1st is probably the decision date... Last year's early release was probably a glitch and the time between decisions and second look in the previous years was probably due to COVID.
12 minutes left bubba dont count it outThank you for your service. Agree I think last year they may have rushed it b/c of the trainings email glitch. They also usually start releasing before 12 PM EST so I think it will be 3/1 too instead of today
Friend who is a student there told me decisions come out next week
yeah you're right, especially the first few. but as I'm trying to do this for every school, and planning to share result in a public format, I figured asking online (as I'm doing here) once per school would be more time efficient. especially since it is only me and one friend working on this spreadsheet. I'll backfill as needed and dig deeper when I get conflicting answers though!
I answered what I can below. Our handbook is also available online if you have any really detailed questions.
- Does Cornell have a home hospital? Yes, NYP/WCMC. The med school is attached. (We also rotate through MSK, HSS, and other NYP locations around NYC)
- What is your preclinical grading system? Pass / Fail
- How are students ranked? The school says we aren't, but they do consider grades for AOA.
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years? Weekly quizzes during 1st semester, every 1-2 weeks for the rest.
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material? They're all written by faculty, a few quizzes are STEP style.
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)? Lecture isn't required. Small group sessions, anatomy lab, and patient presentations are required. There's a handful required sessions per week, and PBLs usually start at 8 am.
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)? Weekly exams are averaged out for each unit, so you can fail an exam and still pass the unit. If you fail a unit, you remediate down the line. (I'm not sure how it's actually notated on the transcript)
- What is your clinical grading system? Honors / High pass / Pass / Fail
- Do you have AOA at Cornell? Yes
Last year they sent out all decisions at once, post-II A/WL/R, and pre-II Rsif they're done with II, do they wait until the reject everyone all at once?
I know March 1 is likely our date at this point, but do y’all think there’s a chance decisions could come out some day next week before friday? Seeing as actual decision day has preceded what MSAR listed in past 4 years
Yall gods who got like 100 acceptances this week should withdraw so us mortals have a chance
Esp u @slavic_skunkworks
Yeah Slavic skunkworks you’ve risen to sdn celeb status in such a short amount of time. You’re literally killing the game it’s actually astounding, so congrats!
Maybe if enough people withdraw they might send me an II, so I’m with 2023applicantxd 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Pre-II R although email says "Thank you for your interest in Weill Cornell Medical College and for the time you took to interview with our committee" ??
Pre-II R finally dropped
swaggyP12
Full Member
+1Pre-II R
ok-patient
Full Member
+1 and the subject line "March Decision" lol.... it's February 26th and why would the decision be related to the month anyway???Pre-II R although email says "Thank you for your interest in Weill Cornell Medical College and for the time you took to interview with our committee" ??