2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i sent a letter of intent the week before decisions were sent out (maybe not the best choice looking back) and i was WL, i really feel like i should be sending SOMETHING to let them know how badly i wanna get off the WL but is there anything else i could really do??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i sent a letter of intent the week before decisions were sent out (maybe not the best choice looking back) and i was WL, i really feel like i should be sending SOMETHING to let them know how badly i wanna get off the WL but is there anything else i could really do??
Hold the dean’s daughter for ransom

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they start actually reviewing waitlisted applicants (maybe current students if there are any in here)? I know decisions come out early May, but curious if they start reviewing sooner.

Does anyone know when they start actually reviewing waitlisted applicants (maybe current students if there are any in here)? I know decisions come out early May, but curious if they start reviewing sooner.
From what I understand, they only start reviewing WL applicants when spots become available

Withdrew A, best of luck to everyone on the WL :)

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
I submitted one update earlier and got two emails of confirmation, one automatic and one a little later saying they got it and added it to my file. I submitted another one a little while back and only got the automatic one and not the second one. Should I call/email asking if they got it? Or is this normal

I think it’s normal but if you want to cover your assets email them

Does anyone know what the official process is for submitting interest letters? I assume we email them since there is no real portal to submit. Thank you!

Does anyone know what the official process is for submitting interest letters? I assume we email them since there is no real portal to submit. Thank you!
I just emailed one to the regular admissions email and they responded with this:

Please send any future updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address.

Just withdrew my A - good luck to all the WL peeps!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
thank you!!! if you are willing to share, where did you decide on and why not wcmc?
Yeah, sure! I chose stanford because it was closer to my fam (at least over wcmc). There are other small reasons (e.g., didn't like the weekly testing schedule, etc.), but location was the largest factor for me

wcmc is a great school though!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users