Countdown 2.5: Quarter Century Crisis (TOWN WIN)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So me, you, and alissa? And that's a bad thing to village read us?
It’s not a bad thing but it is an easy thing

Members don't see this ad.

I’m just reminded of the last game she played where she was 3P and made her easy village reads and cruised on those

Not that my reads this game so far are particularly not easy tbh so I don’t have a whole lot of room to talk but that’s the vibe I’m picking up on

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not a bad thing but it is an easy thing
What you described is the exact opposite... Low-hanging fruits look perpetually wolfy and aren't unfamiliar with eventually getting lynched most games.

I’m just reminded of the last game she played where she was 3P and made her easy village reads and cruised on those
Were they wrong though that game? And also was she a harmful 3p?

Just remember people if you remove 3p first, wolves hit parity and win.

What you described is the exact opposite... Low-hanging fruits look perpetually wolfy and aren't unfamiliar with eventually getting lynched most games.
I’m not talking about the people she’s lynching being low hanging fruits, I’m saying the folks she’s village reading are low hanging fruits i.e. “gimme” village reads

I’m not talking about the people she’s lynching being low hanging fruits, I’m saying the folks she’s village reading are low hanging fruits i.e. “gimme” village reads
That's not what low-hanging fruit means then.

Worst case scenario: you think she's making up the reads and at least one of us is actually non-village, though how would she know that if she's 3p anyway?

Best case scenario: She's reading us all correctly, narrowing the poe and that's a problem for village because...?

I'm not following.

Let's keep in mind that I haven't actually given a village read to anyone other than Alissa yet and I already stated as much. Knowing that there are multiple 3ps and that 3p play can be harder to distinguish from village play makes me hesitant to kick anyone out of my POE too easily. So as I said, more thoughts when I get a chance to reread, but let's keep accusations in line with things I have actually stated.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
# of deaths last night makes me think village vig is already dead or died last night unless someone’s kill was blocked/protected

Also doesn’t look like anyone said hi to the PGO then which is interesting

I mean yes since she put pippy in her village pile and kept you in it post conversion sooo
No sane person would convert hunt when originals are obviously still alive so that was a correct assessment that village choked on. As for Pippy, you must have missed where basically every cycle was me trying to convince dubz she was village.

# of deaths last night makes me think village vig is already dead or died last night unless someone’s kill was blocked/protected

This doesn't necessarily make sense. Tourists can target the PGO and they are town, right? Also one of those kills could have been a vig shot

That's not what low-hanging fruit means then.

Worst case scenario: you think she's making up the reads and at least one of us is actually non-village, though how would she know that if she's 3p anyway?

Best case scenario: She's reading us all correctly, narrowing the poe and that's a problem for village because...?

I'm not following.
End result might be correct, but it doesn’t make me not want to lynch her because it seems like she’s going for the easy points

I feel like we’re just talking in circles lmao forget I said anything

This whole post made me very uneasy and strengthens my 3p tinfoil about you.

Debating going Bittens or Cubs today but this is my reminder to myself (and others) that Maj is in effect

This doesn't necessarily make sense. Tourists can target the PGO and they are town, right? Also one of those kills could have been a vig shot
Serial killer is still alive so I’m presuming they would have tried to shoot someone last night, that plus wolf kill means (unless one of the kills was interfered with) that vig either is dead or didn’t shoot

If there were 3+ kills I’d say PGO is a possibility with the uncertainty involved in not knowing how people flip but I think it’s unlikely that PGO caused either of the deaths given the other kill mechanics floating around

There's several other combinations of actions that could've occurred so don't know why this is the only one listed.

I feel like we’re just talking in circles lmao forget I said anything
I mean, if you're gonna make statements you have to be prepared to back them up and discuss them. What you're saying here doesn't make any sense when in neither this game nor the game you're referencing do I know who the villagers are.

Let's keep in mind that I haven't actually given a village read to anyone other than Alissa yet and I already stated as much. Knowing that there are multiple 3ps and that 3p play can be harder to distinguish from village play makes me hesitant to kick anyone out of my POE too easily. So as I said, more thoughts when I get a chance to reread, but let's keep accusations in line with things I have actually stated.

Did I miss where you said why you have a village read on Alissa?

Did I miss where you said why you have a village read on Alissa?
Maybe? I don't think she would have gone at AM the way she did yesterday as non-village. She's scared of her questioning and said as much when she was wolfing last game, I don't think she would have brought that upon herself unless she genuinely thought there was something off about her.

Can you share the tinfoil?

It's pretty weak tinfoil but doing an ISO on Bitten's posts yesterday seemed like a tone shift to me. She was quiet and used a lot of sad faces with a slightly depressed tone. I normally associate her with being super excited and happy to play so my tinfoil is that she could be SK or Survivor. I.e. one of the harder roles to pull off. I could see her as being excited being either town, wolf, or good.

This was expanded by that post I quoted where it's almost like she has some extra info narrowing down what happened last night? Like maybe if she was the SK and did one of the kills and then thought making that post might distance her a little bit?

It's pretty weak tinfoil but doing an ISO on Bitten's posts yesterday seemed like a tone shift to me. She was quiet and used a lot of sad faces with a slightly depressed tone. I normally associate her with being super excited and happy to play so my tinfoil is that she could be SK or Survivor. I.e. one of the harder roles to pull off. I could see her as being excited being either town, wolf, or good.

This was expanded by that post I quoted where it's almost like she has some extra info narrowing down what happened last night? Like maybe if she was the SK and did one of the kills and then thought making that post might distance her a little bit?
Lmao of course I was sad yesterday, Mrs is my only surviving wolf friend from the noob game, the only other game she played I died N2, and now I’m concerned she’s a wolf and want to lynch her. I’m trying not to let emotions get involved which is why I’m still going through with it but I’m bummed!!

And yes, I definitely would be analyzing the night results on thread as a serial killer. Drawing unwanted attention to myself when I need to survive to the final 2 sounds right up my alley lmao

Lmao of course I was sad yesterday, Mrs is my only surviving wolf friend from the noob game, the only other game she played I died N2, and now I’m concerned she’s a wolf and want to lynch her. I’m trying not to let emotions get involved which is why I’m still going through with it but I’m bummed!!

And yes, I definitely would be analyzing the night results on thread as a serial killer. Drawing unwanted attention to myself when I need to survive to the final 2 sounds right up my alley lmao

I said it was tinfoil! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Could go for MrsDr again today but I'm also okay with MsP lynch because she's been very absent on thread combined with the I thought I voted for lawper yesterday

Lmao of course I was sad yesterday, Mrs is my only surviving wolf friend from the noob game, the only other game she played I died N2, and now I’m concerned she’s a wolf and want to lynch her. I’m trying not to let emotions get involved which is why I’m still going through with it but I’m bummed!

I had you in my village pile but this sounds a little inorganic to me. What do you mean by your only surviving wolf friend from the noob game? She's the only one playing this game that you wolfed with.

Here are my thoughts while I’m on a quick lunch break:

feeling good about SAR and WZ

Just remember people if you remove 3p first, wolves hit parity and win.
Why do I feel like AM could be the blind survivor? She could play this role exceptionally well since she is a strong village player. Still leaning AM towards 3P and unwilling to lynch her at the moment because the longer it takes wolves to reach parity, the better.

mixed feelings about cubs and BC. BC feels Village but BC also never gets an easy village pass from me :p

neutral about MsP and MDD

honestly most suspicious about those who have low participation... might be easy, especially for those 3P roles out there, to hide

especially would like to hear more from @PippyPony . For some reason my gut is telling me Pippy could be the lightening rod

hey Flushy, does 3P get their own chat together like wolves do or?

Here are my thoughts while I’m on a quick lunch break:

feeling good about SAR and WZ

Why do I feel like AM could be the blind survivor? She could play this role exceptionally well since she is a strong village player. Still leaning AM towards 3P and unwilling to lynch her at the moment because the longer it takes wolves to reach parity, the better.

mixed feelings about cubs and BC. BC feels Village but BC also never gets an easy village pass from me :p

neutral about MsP and MDD

honestly most suspicious about those who have low participation... might be easy, especially for those 3P roles out there, to hide

especially would like to hear more from @PippyPony . For some reason my gut is telling me Pippy could be the lightening rod

hey Flushy, does 3P get their own chat together like wolves do or?
Can you elaborate more on cubs?

As for the last question, 3p don't know each other or else they wouldn't be independently-aligned with differing wincons.

Can you elaborate more on cubs?

As for the last question, 3p don't know each other or else they wouldn't be independently-aligned with differing wincons.

so cubs I have mixed feelings about because he hasn’t really contributed much in terms of content other than bickering with you and demanding money from Flushy. I might feel better about him when he posts some more and if he gives some reads. Sorry cubs but I expect more from you ;)

also thank you! I knew that 3P were out on their own but this is the first game where I’ve played with more than one so I wasn’t sure if it changed then!

I had you in my village pile but this sounds a little inorganic to me. What do you mean by your only surviving wolf friend from the noob game? She's the only one playing this game that you wolfed with.
Kras is gone, Grad is gone, Diff is gone, Mrs is the only one left who’s played since then.

Could go for MrsDr again today but I'm also okay with MsP lynch because she's been very absent on thread combined with the I thought I voted for lawper yesterday

***BigCat’s manator comes for her wig***
What are your thoughts on MrsDr and MsP? I feel like MsP gets lynched a lot for being absent and it doesn’t always yield good results so I’m hesitant to go there right now. MrsDr I feel neutral about... I want to hear from her first

also do you have thoughts on lawper? I have him on my mixed to neutral and forgot to add him on my list. I’d like to hear more from him for sure

• Haha
You all suck for lynching me when you knew I was away. Guess I'm back on hiatus.

Sent from my phone using the mobile app because I bought it and I'm stubborn

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Um good morning...

Just made a quick browse so far, but first off, BigCats is the one voting for who she views as a low hanging fruit.

Lynch BC

Kras is gone, Grad is gone, Diff is gone, Mrs is the only one left who’s played since then.

I guess I was confused because you used the word surviving as though some of them were playing this game

What are your thoughts on MrsDr and MsP? I feel like MsP gets lynched a lot for being absent and it doesn’t always yield good results so I’m hesitant to go there right now. MrsDr I feel neutral about... I want to hear from her first

also do you have thoughts on lawper? I have him on my mixed to neutral and forgot to add him on my list. I’d like to hear more from him for sure

I agree with your thoughts on MsP and admit that I've incorrectly lynched her many times in the past. I guess at this moment I'm a little hesitant which is why I haven't thrown a vote down. Waiting for her to come on and MrsDr and give some more content to work with.

I'm neutral on lawps. The only thing that stood out to me was that he didn't seem as defensive as I remember him being before about his lynch votes.

This feels incredibly insincere. You immediately jumped on me yesterday multiple times, even when I was just asking questions. Definitely not getting the "i'm so sad and I miss you so much Mrs" vibe from you!!!

I explained why I did not switch my vote. I'm wolfy on cubs anyway, so it didn't make sense to switch off him even after the LIS rule explanation unless I 100% had to save my own ass, which I didn't. I feel like you are pushing my noob status really hard and trying hard to create a target out of me.

• Sad
Ok, apparently everyone else is off Saturday day-drinking to ward off coronavirus (is nobody else's town shutting down like Seattle yet???), but I went through the list. Here's my reads right now:

wolfy on BC and cubs, maybe Wondering (would like to see more from cubs and wondering)
neutral +/- on AM, MsP, lawper, WZ
village? on alissa, SAR

Need more from dina, sporty, pippy, barks, dolphin.

Ok ok

I keep getting distracted reading updates from people on schools & hospitals shutting down, but howzabout I read this thread so you can all stop tagging me

What does this mean

all this sentimentality from BigCats is weirding me out tbh

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Ok, apparently everyone else is off Saturday day-drinking to ward off coronavirus (is nobody else's town shutting down like Seattle yet???), but I went through the list
My state, Michigan, isn’t “shut down” yet. However, all public schools K-12 are closed for three weeks starting Monday. Most colleges and universities have ended face to face instruction and are converting content online. Movie theaters are closing. My mom heard a rumor that gas stations might close. My clinic is still open but one of my coworkers who also works at another clinic said they’re basically starting drive by consults on Monday. They’re going to have clients call them when they arrive. The tech meets them at their car and takes the pet to the treatment area. The client then calls via phone to speak with the vet during the exam, but does not enter the physical building

a client of ours who owns a local pet store said that their shelves have never been more empty and they’re selling pet food left and right

also I echo MrsDrDr... where is everyone?

- I don't understand why people are afraid of AM. Wolf points to Alissa for that, especially.

- I think the KC votes from yesterday were crap

- Cubs acting defeated and talking about favoritism is much more likely to be non-village Cubs than village Cubs, although that makes me sad to say. Agree with the discussion that it's quite a switch for him to go from the strong wolf hunting D1 last game to saying it doesn't matter & is rigged.

- this is NOT meant as angleshoot-y, please don't kill me...I had thought Sunbodi was acting weirdly quiet before she subbed out. Maybe illness can explain that, maybe not...but I don't feel that Lawper's posts have been overwhelmingly village either.

- Getting some mild 3P pocket vibes from Dubz, who seems like she doesn't want AM to die. And yes, I know I said I thought AM was village too

Have a whole bunch of quotes pulled that I'll respond to next.