Countdown 2.5: Quarter Century Crisis (TOWN WIN)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. ForgotToFlush

The Best To Never Do It
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
tumblr_mp471gKyQ51qdr91xo1_500.gif

Countdown 2.5: Quarter Century Crisis
The 1.5th sequel to the critically acclaimed Countdown Game.
By ForgotToFlush

A 18p multiball open setup
12v3v1v1v1

Host: ForgotToFlush
Start Date: 3/13
Day Phase Length: 12 hours
Night Phase Length: 12 hours
Minimum Run-time: approx 4 IRL Days
Maximum Run-time: approx 7 IRL Days
Deadline Time: 11 AM/PM EST
Contact and Communication: No Outside Contact. Mafia are allowed to communicate with their partners through the provided medium.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rules:

0. I am the host of the game, and my word is law. I reserve the right to modkill/godkill or substitute anyone out those who break the rules.*

1 (a). You can only talk about the game in the game thread unless specified otherwise. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.
1 (b). Outside influences (eg. Threatening, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, trust tells) are not tolerated and will be dealt with severely.
1 (c). Sportmanship should be shown. Salting, raging or ranting will not be tolerated. At the end of the day, mafia is played for fun. The general rule of thumb is attack the play, not the player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users at any time. All forms of sharing of role PMs is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to share their role PMs or sharing role PMs themselves, please be sure to report it.

3 (a). You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting in bold "Vote: (user)" or "Lynch: (user)", unlynch users by using "Unvote: (user)" or "Unlynch: (user)". Votes will not be counted if they do not follow this format.
3 (b). Votes can be in shortform as long as I understand who you are voting.

4. Do not delete your posts, if you need to correct something make another post. (I usually ban editing in my games but I'll let y'all go wild.)

5. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If you do not post/are not active during the day phase, you will be prodded. If you fail to post after the previous prod or require excessive prods, you will be subbed out.*

6. Night talking is disallowed.

7. Extensions will be granted according to the situation.*

8. Actions should be sent during night phase through Forum Pm. If you do not have an action, please send an "idle". Failure of sending any actions during the night phase will result in the host deciding your action for you.

9. I might not be in time to end day at deadline or hammer. In this case the game will enter into Twilight. You are allowed to post but not allowed to vote or unvote users.

10. Angleshooting is strongly discouraged.

11. Do not try to exploit any loopholes or circumvent the rules.

*-will be judged at the discretion of me.

Reactions: 1 users
Game specific rules:

1. Roles are Semi reveal. Reveals are in the form of Town/ Not Town
2. Nothing can prevent a strongman NK
3. Natural Action Resolution is in effect
4. Cult-Rod cannot be role-blocked
5. No Lynch is unallowed.

Roles, by faction:

Town:

-2x Macho Doctors
-1x OS Vigilante
-1x Parity Cop
-1x Role-blocker
-7x Tourists

Mafia:

-1x Mafia OS Strongman
-1x Mafia Goon
-1x Mafia OS PGO

3rd Party:

-1x Blind Oracle Survivor Tourist
-1x OS BP 3-Shot Serial Killer
-1x Night 5 Black Goo Compulsive Lightning Rod Cultist (becomes black goo and lightning rod on night 5)

Role PMS:
Parity Cop: You may target one player per night. You learn if the player you target is aligned with the player you inspected the previous night.

Roleblocker: Each night, you may target one player and block them from performing their night action.

One-Shot Vigilante: Once per game, you may attempt to kill one player at night.

Macho Doctor: Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being night-killed. In addition, you cannot be protected from night kills.

Tourist: Each night, you must target one player to visit.

Mafia One-Shot Strongman: Once per game you may activate your strongman ability so that your kill cannot be prevented by any means.

Mafia One-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner: Once per game, you passively kill anyone who targets you.

Mafia Goon: No special abilities.
(Mafia possess a factional kill and factional communication for the entire game)

OS BP 3-Shot Serial Killer (You win when you control half of the town and there are no more threats to the town alive.)
Up to three times per game, you may attempt to kill one player at night. Additionally, you are passively protected against the first kill performed on you.

Blind Oracle Survivor Tourist: (Live until any other faction achieves their Win condition.)
Upon death, reveals one random Town Power Role. In the absence of any living power roles, nothing is revealed. Additionally, each night, you must target one player to visit.

Night 5 Black Goo Lightning Rod Cultist: (You win when you control half of the player-list)
During night five, all targeted actions are passively directed towards you. Additionally, everyone who targets you that night will be converted into cult members

Members don't see this ad :)
Players:
1) @Animal Midwife
2) @SARdoghandler
3) @WonderingStudent
4) @PippyPony
5) @kaydubs
6) @kcoughli
7) @Lawper
8) @WildZoo
9) @BigCats
10) @MrsDrDr
11) @alissa14
12) @Melchizedek
13) @Ms Procrastinator
14) @Barkley13
15) @SportPonies
16) @Sunshine in a Storm
17) @genny
18) @cubsrule4e

Alive:
Code:
@Animal Midwife
@PippyPony
@BigCats
@MrsDrDr
@Barkley13
@SportPonies

Dead:
D1
kcoughli: Town
N1
sunshine in a storm: Town
genny: Town
D2
cubsrule4e: Not Town
N2
SARdoghandler: Not Town
WonderingStudent: Town
Lawper: Town
D3
Ms Procrastinator: Not Town
D4
alissa14: Not Town
N4
kaydubs: Town
D5
Melchizedek: Not Town
D6
WildZoo: Not Town

Sublist (message me to be added to the sublist)

empty

TOC
Day 1
Sub Notice
Sub Notice
Day 1 Final Vote
Night 1 Results
Day 2 Start
Sub Notice
Day 2 Final Vote
Night 2 Results
Day 3 Start
Sub Notice
Day 3 Final Vote
Night 3 Results
Day 4 Start
Day 4 Final Vote
Night 4 Results
Day 5 Start
Day 5 Final Vote
Night 5 Results
Day 6 Start
Day 6 Final Vote
Endgame

Afterword

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
The year is 2025.

Michael Jackson's reanimated corpse is elected President of the World in a historic landslide victory. Things quickly go south when his radical policies have significant adverse effects on global trade. Additionally, the continued rise of climate change spells disaster for coastal cities and island populations.

War, famine and death proceed to ravage modern civilization. The survivors of this new era group together in small sanctuary cities to support each other. The dystopian future that Suzanne Collins described looks more likely with each passing day.

A newly developed universal vaccine has kept pestilence at bay. However, unbeknownst to the general populace, it has devastating side effects. Those who receive it might have their cells mutate into a new, non-treatable Super Disease with a story-line convenient 5 Day incubation period.
Patient Zero already walks among us.

This new threat must be contained before it deals the final blow to the remnants of humanity.
Also you must be vigilant, as bad actors aim to take advantage of the ongoing hysteria.
Prevent those with malicious intentions from gaining control, lest you and your comrades wish to suffer an unfortunate demise.....

ForgotToFlush presents:

Countdown 2.5
Quarter Century Crisis

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also keep in mind:
Majority rule is in effect
If someone reaches ten votes they will die and day will end early

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Lynch sunbodi - RNG

Oh, well if it is 2025 that means I survive coronavirus in Seattle!

Also this game means I can maybe divert 5% of my attention from coronavirus news.

Also this game plus coronavirus news means I am guaranteed to get 0 work done today "working at home".

Members don't see this ad :)
lynch alissa

• Dislike
Im taking a nap bc I had to set three alarms to wake up and start the game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

• Angry
Uh oh. I just quoted AM in wolf chat again. Guess I’m screwed.

Lynch Cubs

The funniest part was that you were actually a wolf that game :p

Well dang.....

Anyways,

Lynch MrsDrDr

What does rng mean?

Random noob game?

Alissa you played 3 more games than me and now I'm the noob??

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Tbf when there’s like... four mods a game, it can be hard to keep everyone straight

Tbf when there’s like... four mods a game, it can be hard to keep everyone straight
Y'all don't talk enough in your PMs if your forget who modded the prior game.

• Love
What does rng mean?

Random noob game?

Random number generator. I generated the number 7 which is your number on the roster. I’ll change it later probably. It’s mostly a joke vote

Also idk what my game count is tbh. I know BC and I are tied. I missed the basics game but BC wasn’t in the 90s game that I was in. I think this will be 8 or 9?

those rules don’t exist anymore. I got N1 NK last game.
The rule was broken in 90s as well. Just because delinquents get control of wolfchat at times doesn't mean the rest of us want it to be the norm. ;)

Unofficial Vote tally D1 because I need to know where the votes be at
KC (1) - AM
Sunbodi (1) - alissa
alissa (1) - BC
cubs (2) - cubs, sporty
WZ (1) - sunshine
sporty (1) - WZ
Nav (1) - barks
MrsDrDr (1) - Dina
MsP (1) - MrsDrDr
Dina (1) - KC