COVID Vaccine Side Effects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vaccination symptoms after either shot?

• Total voters
17% is not accurate. I don't know how you run the numbers. But we haven't caught 50% of the case or even a fraction. Also herd immunity is pseudo-science? Please reference.
The CDC estimate suggests we have caught just over 40% of cases.

We can debate what the actual number is, but I sincerely doubt it's low enough to have anything close to the 70% we're told is needed for some herd immunity as that could mean we'd have to be off by a full order of magnitude.

I've spent most of my time lately trying to convince..not patients, but NURSES. Our own damn nurses! I've never seen such a large group of healthcare workers tuned into every conspiracy theory about the vaccine. Most seem to be young women convinced that it's going to make them sterile or mutate their babies.
To be fair, there isn’t evidence about fertility yet, per the FDA, and pregnant patients weren’t even included in the trials, so we have to wait and watch for more data for pregnant individuals who are being vaccinated about their outcomes. It’s very fair for young individuals worried about fertility and pregnancy to be patient and wait for more data before receiving the vaccine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To be fair, there isn’t evidence about fertility yet, per the FDA, and pregnant patients weren’t even included in the trials, so we have to wait and watch for more data for pregnant individuals who are being vaccinated about their outcomes. It’s very fair for young individuals worried about fertility and pregnancy to be patient and wait for more data before receiving the vaccine.
There is no reason to believe this vaccine has any impact on fertility. This is internet nonsense which has gotten out of hand

Reactions: 6 users
So much this.
I'm so sick of hearing (this) from even my educated friends.
We don't have long-term data to show that the vaccine doesn't make you grown horns and a tail 13 years post vaccine administration. It's premature to say it is safer to get the vaccine than it is to get coronavirus. /s

Because the data on infection isn't anywhere close to bearing that out.

So CDC says we are catching 40% of cases despite not testing most of the symptomatic people from March to July last year? We only tested the admitted patients but the ones going home with COVID did not get a test. It wasn't until late summer that we had ramped up testing so that we could get all comers.

I'm basing my numbers on mortality of 0.2% still. Deaths are the only portion of cases where we are catching nearly 100%.

We don't have long-term data to show that the vaccine doesn't make you grown horns and a tail 13 years post vaccine administration. It's premature to say it is safer to get the vaccine than it is to get coronavirus. /s
Not true. mRNA vaccines are not new and have been studied and tested for over a decade now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moderna 2.0:

- nurse really rammed it home so it’s been a sucky ride since the beginning
- immediate sore shoulder that’s only getting worse
- shoulder joint pain began soon after and at hour 12 all my large joints hurt and I have extreme myalgias/ headache/ nausea/ fever

the first dose was cake and I scoffed at everyone complaining. Karma...

update: 16 hours in— myalgias and headache considerably worse. Fever 102

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My wife just got her second Pfizer dose 24 hours ago. She had chills, body aches, headaches and sweats, all night. She's currently at home, sleeping, when she normally would be out and about. It was much milder for me, as I only had a sore arm and very mild aches that were hard to distinguish from workout soreness, for one day.

My wife just got her second Pfizer dose 24 hours ago. She had chills, body aches, headaches and sweats, all night. She's currently at home, sleeping, when she normally would be out and about. It was much milder for me, as I only had a sore arm and very mild aches that were hard to distinguish from workout soreness, for one day.

I had the same thing as your wife for about 2 days after Pfizer #2, and I had almost nothing after number 1.

Recovered from my second Moderna shot. Shot itself was nice and gentle compared to the pharmacist who gave me my first shot. No symptom the night of outside of some soreness. The next morning it hit me like a brick wall at the start of my shift. Rigors then spiking fevers, dizzy. I scavanged up enough tylenol and ibuprofen to power through the rest of the shift (longest shift of my life). Was still tired and light headed the day after, but recovered pretty much day 3.

I am looking forward to when the vaccines are rolled out to the general public, but I'm bracing myself mentally for the huge rush of post vaccine patients we're going to get swarmed with. Considering the large segment of our patient population lacking basic life coping skills and no tolerance for any discomfort. Can't wait for all the "worst headache of my life", pain out of proportion, "lethargy", "r/o sepsis", "r/o arm dvt/necrotizing arm infection", "r/o basilar stroke" PMD/UC referral and patient walkins.

Recovered from my second Moderna shot. Shot itself was nice and gentle compared to the pharmacist who gave me my first shot. No symptom the night of outside of some soreness. The next morning it hit me like a brick wall at the start of my shift. Rigors then spiking fevers, dizzy. I scavanged up enough tylenol and ibuprofen to power through the rest of the shift (longest shift of my life). Was still tired and light headed the day after, but recovered pretty much day 3.

I am looking forward to when the vaccines are rolled out to the general public, but I'm bracing myself mentally for the huge rush of post vaccine patients we're going to get swarmed with. Considering the large segment of our patient population lacking basic life coping skills and no tolerance for any discomfort. Can't wait for all the "worst headache of my life", pain out of proportion, "lethargy", "r/o sepsis", "r/o arm dvt/necrotizing arm infection", "r/o basilar stroke" PMD/UC referral and patient walkins.
Honestly J&J might end up the best shot option for much of the populace. Decent immunity, seems to prevent severe illness, one shot, more well tolerated.

Pfizer
1/20/21:
1st dose: injection site soreness and swelling (left arm)

2/18/21
2nd dose: about 13 hours in and some soreness around the injection site + swelling (right arm). Feels pretty similar so far to the first shot.

Pfizer
Shot 1: Sore arm
Shot 2: No arm pain or side effects.

My EDs are now getting hit with the rush of hypochondriacs who got the J&J. Looking forward to all the unnecessary CT-Vs. Glad I'm off for a few days.